Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Best Glock 17 Airsoft?

Duane Thomas

You can find 134A gas in the Automotive section of any Wal-Mart or Target stores. You can also run the pistol with Duster Gas (which I am not sure if it is also 134A) also found at your favorite department store.

Even though Duster gas and 134A offer a lower pressure than Propane or Green Gas, the TM still produces ~300fps which is about the same pellet speed that the KWA/KSC produce with Propane/GG.

Some people claim that the hop-up on the TM is better designed and therefore the pistol is slightly more accurate than its counterparts.

• 1 year later...

TM's are wicked accurate, but too plasticy...kwa makes the

best pistols unless you go custom (cost the same or more than real) ... They ceased production on the really excellent G17... I heard Glock sued them over trademark issues. Looking for a used one.

Ultimately, airsoft only gives a taste of the real deal, but you can safely shoot them almost anywhere, and pretty cheaply, as long as ambient air temp isn't much below 60-65 degrees F (green gas).

• 2 weeks later...

I had a KJ Works G23 and was really nice. with metal slide controls and even triggr felt quite clos to the real thing.

However I didn't found it suitable for practicing magazine changes due to them landing upside down and breaking.

When it broke du to use of red gas and wasn't able to locate another nor spare parts I was led to buy a "superb" Tokyo Marui.

That's very poor copy. Dosen't fell at all near the real thnig and in usus up a lot of gas. Alos difficult to find parts. Definitely the wrong choice.