Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Zev Tech 3 lb connector

SIE107

I just ordered 4 of them myself as well. I received them and they would not reset reliably in the 3 Glocks I tried them in. To their credit I PM'd Yar here on BE and he said that they make 2 versions and that one is a oversized "Gunsmith" fit and they are not drop in and that I must have been shipped those by mistake. He is supposed to be sending me 4 of the drop in's and I will let you know how they are when they get here. Now the break does feel nice and the reset is quite positive (I have never liked the LoneWolf Connector and usually run a Ghost Rocket in mine)

Yes the vendor that does our polish and deburr mis sorted some of our connectors. A small quantity of oversized connectors that we fit in house for custom builds got mixed in with drop in connector. The foot at the back of the connector is a little longer and it causes issues if not trimmed. We are now measuring all the connectors and sorting them.

Anyone that has a issue with a connector that feels heavier than it should or has reset problems we will be happy to swap you out. Give us a call (877) 387-0329 mon - fri 11am-4pm pacific standard time or email info@glockworx.com. We will ship you new connector(s) and a return label for the oversized connector.

We are estimating about 2 dozen oversized connectors got out.

Yes the vendor that does our polish and deburr mis sorted some of our connectors. A small quantity of oversized connectors that we fit in house for custom builds got mixed in with drop in connector. The foot at the back of the connector is a little longer and it causes issues if not trimmed. We are now measuring all the connectors and sorting them.

Anyone that has a issue with a connector that feels heavier than it should or has reset problems we will be happy to swap you out. Give us a call (877) 387-0329 mon - fri 11am-4pm pacific standard time or email info@glockworx.com. We will ship you new connector(s) and a return label for the oversized connector.

We are estimating about 2 dozen oversized connectors got out.

I'll pass that along to my friend...thanks.

looks like just another version of the 3.5# connector. I like the cuts. I run LWD connectors & stock 3.5# connectors polished up. I believe Dale Rhea & others use Glock connectors...albeit modified a bit.

For the price, can't hurt to try them....

z-

• 4 weeks later...

I just ordered a Glockworkx 3lb connector, and there competetion spring kit. Anyone try this combo? I was also planning to buy a Vanek trigger kit down the road, if I did would I be better using the supplied 3.5lb vannek connector, or would it be better to use the 3lb Glockworkx connector?

I just ordered a Glockworkx 3lb connector, and there competetion spring kit. Anyone try this combo? I was also planning to buy a Vanek trigger kit down the road, if I did would I be better using the supplied 3.5lb vannek connector, or would it be better to use the 3lb Glockworkx connector?

Haven't tried the glockworx combo, but I've used the Wolf competition spring pack with my own polishing and trigger tweaking. I got a great trigger (compared to stock), but then I ordered a Vanek Super Trigger....made mine look like a choppy attempt at a trigger! Vanek's triggers are SMOOOOOOTH. I say get one of his and YES use the supplied 3.5lb connector. Charlie does a little "tweaking" to it to make it smoother. You'll see what I'm talking about once you buy one.

z-

I've got a review of the Glockworx connector in the Glockworx dealers forum.Its a pretty good connector.I got a couple of their +power trigger springs too.They look to be a little better quality than the Wolff ones.I didn't get any of their other springs though.I haven't had very good luck with my Wolff reduced power striker spring.Maybe I got a bum one.If I had a drop in trigger system,I'd stay with all of the parts that the vendor provided with it.-Mike

• 2 weeks later...

I put one of these connectors in and the trigger pull went up by more than 2 pounds. I put the stock 3.5 back in and it went right back to where it had been.

I tried one of the regular Ghost connectors and there was very little difference in my gun compared to the stock 3.5#. I just went back to the factory one.

• 2 weeks later...

My G34 has had several different 3.5 connectors in it and a 5.5 for a while, all performed as expected. This connector raised my pull weight. I returned it weeks ago and have not gotten a credit as requested. I got through once by phone, but my follow up phone calls and emails go unanswered. Is that typical?

• 2 months later...

I just got two of the ZevTech race connectors today.

I first tested the trigger pull weight on my G22 that has a 3 year old glockwerx 3.5lb connector in it and it tested at 4-4.5lb. I put in the ZevTech connector and tested it again and it went down to 3-3.4 lbs pull. This gun is stock besides the connector.

I next tested my G34 that has the ghost rocket and the glockwerks 3 spring kit and a titanium drop safety. It tested at 2.9-3.25 lbs. I put in the ZevTech connector and it broke pretty clean at 2.5 lbs consistently. The reset was not as good as the ghost rocket due to the ZevTech having no overtravel stop, but I thought the ZevTech was fairly crisp as advertised and it does seem to be a by god "3lb connector" Both were highly polished when they came and seemed to be very good quality.

My G34 has had several different 3.5 connectors in it and a 5.5 for a while, all performed as expected. This connector raised my pull weight. I returned it weeks ago and have not gotten a credit as requested. I got through once by phone, but my follow up phone calls and emails go unanswered. Is that typical?

SPR1 Please check your PM's

If there is any way that someone could show a test between stock 3.5, LW 3.5, Vanek 3.5, and GW 3.5, and make a video of it with a digital trigger pull scale I would LOVE it! Maybe not all of the connectors mentioned...but I am significantly interested to see the results. I have several connectors listed, but not GW, thus the desire to see the remaining companies results.

I'll have to look for an old post on glock talk. I tested all of them that I had except for a Vanek which I don't have. Basically I rank the ghost rocket 3.5 with the overtravel stop first becaue of the crisp trigger and the great reset. Next would be the new glockwork 3lb race connector that has the lightest pull but not the best reset. After that it was lone wolf, and the basic older style glockwork 3.5 connectors and then the stock connectors with a polish job.

One of the better connectors with the 3 spring kit and titanium plunger from glockworx and the factory striker has given me my favorite trigger outside of a vanek, which I haven't tried yet. Got the 34 new last August and I have shot about 20 matches, and 10-12 practice sessions with it with only one failue to fire during a match. The round that would not fire was a really old 147 gr winchester LE round from 2002. Got the ammo free and was trying to burn it up in local matches. Overall have been really happy with this setup.

here is the old tests from last year that I did on different connectors

Different 3.5 lb connectors

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just did some testing on three different connectors and I thought I would share the results.

To start off with, its a new G34 with a .25c trigger job, has around 7-800 rounds through it with the wolf reduced power firing pin spring, plunger spring and trigger spring. It also has the titanium polished plunger from glockwerx.

The stock 3.5lb connector was polished and the trigger broke around 4 lbs.

I took out the stock connector and put in a Glockwerx's 3.5 lb connector and the trigger broke at about 2.75

I took out the Glockwerx's connector and installed a Ghost rocket with the overtravel tab. The package with the Ghost rocket installed came away with 2.8 lb pull.

With the Ghost Rocket though, the reset was about 1/4 of what the reset was with the other 2. Can't wait to try it, double taps are going to be even better. It's a smooth pull then just as you start to feel some resistance it breaks nice.

FYI

Edited by Lawdawg112

• 4 weeks later...

I just installed the Zev Tech connector and Glockworx spring kit yesterday. I don't have a trigger scale but it's light. Reset is pretty weak, nothing like the stock 5.5lb connector I was running before. I'm not sure I like the connector yet, it doesn't have a clean break like advertised IMO. It's more like a light revolver trigger.