Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tanfoglio Stock II ?

Rln_21

Dave, I think for a buy it and shoot it gun - the SP-01 is hard to beat. I'm just a design and engineering dork, so I much prefer the Tanfoglio layout. If you do go with an SP-01, definitely get one from Angus or Matt - I like to think I'm a pretty good tinkerer, but I can't see how anyone can get the DA lower than about 8lbs, and the SA with the CZ hammer was scary too light on mine. I'll still go for a Stock2 just for the hell of it (if/when I can afford one), it's just too damn sexy (and I despise light rails).

Also, the Stock2 is a small frame gun - the mags, grips, and a few other parts are different between it and your Limited.

Well Dave, and Jodus, I am not going to buy one any time soon. I need to get good with my SV first. If I cant shoot that good, I will never master the 2 different triggers pulls, on either European gun. Besides I might even try open once. Sorry to thread drift

Dave, I think for a buy it and shoot it gun - the SP-01 is hard to beat. I'm just a design and engineering dork, so I much prefer the Tanfoglio layout. If you do go with an SP-01, definitely get one from Angus or Matt - I like to think I'm a pretty good tinkerer, but I can't see how anyone can get the DA lower than about 8lbs, and the SA with the CZ hammer was scary too light on mine. I'll still go for a Stock2 just for the hell of it (if/when I can afford one), it's just too damn sexy (and I despise light rails).

Also, the Stock2 is a small frame gun - the mags, grips, and a few other parts are different between it and your Limited.

Well Dave, and Jodus, I am not going to buy one any time soon. I need to get good with my SV first. If I cant shoot that good, I will never master the 2 different triggers pulls, on either European gun. Besides I might even try open once. Sorry to thread drift

Dont blame u there thats why im slling my dan wesson

The Stock II on the EAA website shows it holds 18 rounds for 9mm. I'm thinking they are importing the large frame version.

Cool - didn't think that was going to get off the ground by now...

Just because EAA has it on their sight doesn't mean it's off the ground. :devil:

I am pretty sure that Randy Lee at Apex Tactical can get around a 4lb DA (reliable) and a really short reset with the firing pin block still installed on the SP-01 pistols. I have shot his personal gun before and it was amazingly nice.

Edited by Rln_21

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Three days ago I've got mine Stock II. I live in Europe so I took small frame version. Comparing to SP-01 Shadow, Stock II has a worse trigger, the DA is shorter but SA is heavier, less sharp and reset is longer. Recoil control is better with Stock II and I can pick sights faster. The finish is great and I love bull barrel. So far I've shot 400 rounds without any jams. Overall I like Stock more, but that's just personal opinion. I just need get used to longer reset and maybe put on alu grip panels because I have small hands. ;)

Three days ago I've got mine Stock II. I live in Europe so I took small frame version. Comparing to SP-01 Shadow, Stock II has a worse trigger, the DA is shorter but SA is heavier, less sharp and reset is longer. Recoil control is better with Stock II and I can pick sights faster. The finish is great and I love bull barrel. So far I've shot 400 rounds without any jams. Overall I like Stock more, but that's just personal opinion. I just need get used to longer reset and maybe put on alu grip panels because I have small hands. ;)

with the Aluminum grips it thins out the grip a bit,...I find the DA trigger reach on the Shadow I have is longer, but lighter. The SA on my stock2 is heavier,...but I found the reset to be shorter than my shadow. Lots of polishing will help. I lube up the hammer spring channel, trigger bar,.and plunger area to help slick up the trigger press. You may even try applying slide glide lite to the hammer face may help. I find the mags are much nicer for the tanfoglio,..and i use some of the aluminum base pads,..but find the rubber is better as it stops slipping on my hand during mag change.

Edited by Mo Hepworth

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Hello Everyone,

My name is Tomas and I am shooter from Europe, Lithuania IPSC production. I have recently purchases my Tanfoglio Stock 2 9x19 pistol. What I do see is that the trigger pull for the out of the box gun is pretty awful, the DA trigger is nothing to compare lets say to CZ SP-01.

As far as I see you guys have tried doing some adjustment to the trigger system of Stock 2, perhaps we can all come to some final conclusion what should be done in order to make the trigger pull especially for DA easier and smooth?

Perhaps any advice on that from the IPSC shooters would be greatly appreciated;

Hello Everyone,

My name is Tomas and I am shooter from Europe, Lithuania IPSC production. I have recently purchases my Tanfoglio Stock 2 9x19 pistol. What I do see is that the trigger pull for the out of the box gun is pretty awful, the DA trigger is nothing to compare lets say to CZ SP-01.

As far as I see you guys have tried doing some adjustment to the trigger system of Stock 2, perhaps we can all come to some final conclusion what should be done in order to make the trigger pull especially for DA easier and smooth?

Perhaps any advice on that from the IPSC shooters would be greatly appreciated;

Try to contact Eric Grauffels' website, get a 14lb hammer spring, for a lighter DA pull. And soon there will be a new sear and hammer for the Stock 2 ;)