Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tanfoglio Stock II ?

Rln_21

Hello,

Where would I go about purchasing a Stock II in the US? Are there any dealers that stock them? What is the current approx. price for one of these? I can't seem to find any info on the EAA website...

How do you guys think these compare to a CZ SP-01 Shadow for Production division?

Thanks for any info,

Roy

Hello,

Where would I go about purchasing a Stock II in the US? Are there any dealers that stock them? What is the current approx. price for one of these? I can't seem to find any info on the EAA website...

How do you guys think these compare to a CZ SP-01 Shadow for Production division?

Thanks for any info,

Roy

EAA Stock is available in US..stock II is only for europe.

There are some from gun broker.

Hello,

Thanks for any info,

Roy

EAA Stock is available in US..stock II is only for europe.

There are some from gun broker.

Ahh, didn't realize it wasn't easily available here, thanks..

Needs a little polishing to smooth the trigger out,...I smooth the action as I would on the CZ Shadow. I also put on one of Hennings front FO sights,..and installed the left side only big thumb rest ( I found the other side I bumped up to safe when my trigger finger came up out of the trigger guard during the mag change), the ambi is not needed if you are using this DA first shot anyway. Clean the extractor and the channel and you should not have any problems.

Tanfoglio guns are imported to the US solely by EAA. EAA has yet to import the Stock II.

In terms of shooting them, they should be nearly identical. The Stock II will be much easier to fully clean and get a decent trigger out of though. Some of the Tanfoglio improvements over the CZ design was a captured detent for the safety (so no little springs and detents to mess with), and the srping that keeps the trigger bar in contact with the slide is integrated as part of the mag catch - large bearing surfaces - vs the very rough & hard to polish grooves in the bottom of the CZ trigger bar.

• 4 weeks later...

Do yourself a favor and get a CZ..

Each and every reasonable man here is switching to sp-01, the stock has too much issues..rough trigger (really, really rough), the gun is full of razor sharp edges, sights are HORRIBLE, and you have to loctite the hell of them, man.

Really, the sp01 is being marketed as non sporting-gun here, in order to not destroy tanfoglio sales in production...

Do yourself a favor and get a CZ..

Each and every reasonable man here is switching to sp-01, the stock has too much issues..rough trigger (really, really rough), the gun is full of razor sharp edges, sights are HORRIBLE, and you have to loctite the hell of them, man.

Really, the sp01 is being marketed as non sporting-gun here, in order to not destroy tanfoglio sales in production...

Are you serious? I have never heard this. I have very limited experience with the 2, Actually none with the stock2. I am just going by the Tan Limited my wife has, in comparrison to its cz counterpart ,Tactical sport I believe it is called. Having handled both, I though the Tan was way better then the cz as far as ergonomics,and pointability. Also The fellow who responded a few posts ago "Dave Gundry" having worked on both, said the inside of the cz is a mess. Please tell me more about this, I was kind of under the impression that this Stock 2 was as good as it gets in a production gun. Anxious to learn more.

Tanfoglio Stock II & CZ 75 SP01 (Shadow), are IPSC/USPSA Production Division gun's.

Tanfoglio Limited Custom HB/HC & CZ 75 Tactical Sport, are IPSC/USPSA Standard/Limited/L10 Division gun's

I have both, CZ 75 SP01 Shadow & Tanfoglio Stock II. Tanfoglio Stock II is the same gun as Tanfoglio Limited Custom HB/HC, but with DA/SA trigger & slightly shorter slide/frame. CZ SP01 & Tactical Sport are not the same gun.

Tanfoglio Match LE & CZ 75 are a good comparison for similar size & feel. Smaller gun.

Tanfoglio Limited Custom/Stock II & CZ Tactical Sport are a good comparison for similar size & feel. Larger gun.

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=77332

Cheers, Ando.

Edited by NOSAJ19

Tanfoglio Stock II & CZ 75 SP01 (Shadow), are IPSC/USPSA Production Division gun's.

Tanfoglio Limited Custom HB/HC & CZ 75 Tactical Sport, are IPSC/USPSA Standard/Limited/L10 Division gun's

I have both, CZ 75 SP01 Shadow & Tanfoglio Stock II. Tanfoglio Stock II is the same gun as Tanfoglio Limited Custom HB/HC, but with DA/SA trigger & slightly shorter slide/frame. CZ SP01 & Tactical Sport are not the same gun.

Tanfoglio Match LE & CZ 75 are a good comparison for similar size & feel. Smaller gun.

Tanfoglio Limited Custom/Stock II & CZ Tactical Sport are a good comparison for similar size & feel. Larger gun.

Cheers, Ando.

Not sure why you posted that, but thanks I guess. I know the differences, I think most here do. If this was directed to my post, I was just giving a backround in my experience of CZ guns vs. their Tanfoglio counterparts. Since The stock 2 is just now being let into this country, not many here will have much experience with it. Just the CZ. So I can only compare the "limited" counterpart guns, of which the tanfoglio seemed nicer in my opinion.

Cheers, Ando.

Not sure why you posted that, but thanks I guess. I know the differences, I think most here do. If this was directed to my post, I was just giving a backround in my experience of CZ guns vs. their Tanfoglio counterparts. Since The stock 2 is just now being let into this country, not many here will have much experience with it. Just the CZ. So I can only compare the "limited" counterpart guns, of which the tanfoglio seemed nicer in my opinion.

My experience with the various stockII I've seen has been tragic.

Don't be fooled thinking champions use the stockII, their gun are handpicked at the tanfoglio factory (at least italian champions, btw) and assembled by tanfoglio gunsmiths or outside ones with tighter tolerances.

Here is HORRIBLY overpriced (1400 euros) against the sp01 at half the cost (700 euro street price with 4 mags), out of the box the trigger pull is in the neighborhood of 16 lbs DA and 5lbs SA.

That would be easily corrected, the main fault of the tanfoglio double action sistem is that use a very short and poweful mainspring that give you the worst DA pull possible.

Tolerances between various stockII specimens are incredibly different, you can find an incredible amount of sloppiness in fit or a tighter one.

Hardchroming in the StockII is basically a joke, each and every gun I've handled had rust on the grip.

I'm Italian, I'm proud of my country but tanfoglio is becoming more and more a sloppy manifacturer, that is resting on past laurels, and is selling his fame at incredibly high price.

I've won a local championship two years ago with my P21L..(a 5inch barrel DA tanfoglio), compared side by side to the stockII, it was better in every regard. The longer barrel give me fps to make PF with softer loads, the longer slide keep taming muzzle rise better than the stockII, It was decent after having spent some 30 hours smoothing, deburring, and finishing it.

However, the trigger pull was still horrible, and the finish weared so much that rust become a problem.

Keep in mind, the tanfoglio have to run CLEAN , and I mean perfectly cleaned and lubed, it's a gun that accumulate an incredible gunk inside during normal training.

After struggling for two years, I sold it and buyed a G34. Never looked back..

However, a good friend buyed a sp01..ok, it's less than perfectly finished, but trigger pull is VERY good out of the box compared to the stock.

Using some very simple smoothing, I did a 6lbs DA 3.5lbs SA, and CRISP.

Reset is very short, grip is perfect with alu-grips, and the thing is built like a tank.

The paint finish is very tough,and the thing run with EVERYTHING.

As I write this my shooting buddy is selling his stock II (he buyed TWO of them..) in order to acquire an SP01.

The sp01 is chronically backordered here, CZ dealer chose to declare it "non-sporting gun" to gun italian registration board in order to not lower sales of tanfoglio. That is sad.

I have all tre slots for non sporting guns filled otherwise I would buy an sp01 today.

Hope it helps.

My experience with the various stockII I've seen has been tragic.

Don't be fooled thinking champions use the stockII, their gun are handpicked at the tanfoglio factory (at least italian champions, btw) and assembled by tanfoglio gunsmiths or outside ones with tighter tolerances.

Here is HORRIBLY overpriced (1400 euros) against the sp01 at half the cost (700 euro street price with 4 mags), out of the box the trigger pull is in the neighborhood of 16 lbs DA and 5lbs SA.

That would be easily corrected, the main fault of the tanfoglio double action sistem is that use a very short and poweful mainspring that give you the worst DA pull possible.

Tolerances between various stockII specimens are incredibly different, you can find an incredible amount of sloppiness in fit or a tighter one.

Hardchroming in the StockII is basically a joke, each and every gun I've handled had rust on the grip.

I'm Italian, I'm proud of my country but tanfoglio is becoming more and more a sloppy manifacturer, that is resting on past laurels, and is selling his fame at incredibly high price.

I've won a local championship two years ago with my P21L..(a 5inch barrel DA tanfoglio), compared side by side to the stockII, it was better in every regard. The longer barrel give me fps to make PF with softer loads, the longer slide keep taming muzzle rise better than the stockII, It was decent after having spent some 30 hours smoothing, deburring, and finishing it.

However, the trigger pull was still horrible, and the finish weared so much that rust become a problem.

Keep in mind, the tanfoglio have to run CLEAN , and I mean perfectly cleaned and lubed, it's a gun that accumulate an incredible gunk inside during normal training.

After struggling for two years, I sold it and buyed a G34. Never looked back..

However, a good friend buyed a sp01..ok, it's less than perfectly finished, but trigger pull is VERY good out of the box compared to the stock.

Using some very simple smoothing, I did a 6lbs DA 3.5lbs SA, and CRISP.

Reset is very short, grip is perfect with alu-grips, and the thing is built like a tank.

The paint finish is very tough,and the thing run with EVERYTHING.

As I write this my shooting buddy is selling his stock II (he buyed TWO of them..) in order to acquire an SP01.

The sp01 is chronically backordered here, CZ dealer chose to declare it "non-sporting gun" to gun italian registration board in order to not lower sales of tanfoglio. That is sad.

I have all tre slots for non sporting guns filled otherwise I would buy an sp01 today.

Hope it helps.

Well the stock II sounded pretty interesting until that post and the 1000 dollar price tag. You can build an extremely nice sp01 with that kind of money. Just my opinion.

This is all great information, keep it comming. I think alot of shooters here in the US wanted one, partially because we couldnt get one. I plan on getting back into production in a few years and Had my choice narrowed down to the sp-01 the stock 2, and the m&p pro. I only know 2 guys with the pro, and both of them are dealing with Extraction issues. If I had to decide today, I would go with a Angus tricked sp01, or one tweaked by Matt Mink. I am going to see how this all plays out though, before I make my choice.

if you are confident enough you could buy an sp01 and do it yourself for the experience or if you get to the point of no return i'll IM my cell number and talk u thru it, the hardest part is getting the pin for the hammer strut out

My CZ 75 SP01 has over 40,000 rounds through it in 18mths. The only problem I've had was a broken trigger spring @30,000 rounds. Spring was cheap, available & replaced myself. I've dryfired probably 10 times that amount easily. The gun has worked great straight OOTB. Tanfoglio Stock II is requiring some fine tuning, definately a tighter gun & will be a great shooter . I love my CZ.

Cheers, Ando.

Dave, I think for a buy it and shoot it gun - the SP-01 is hard to beat. I'm just a design and engineering dork, so I much prefer the Tanfoglio layout. If you do go with an SP-01, definitely get one from Angus or Matt - I like to think I'm a pretty good tinkerer, but I can't see how anyone can get the DA lower than about 8lbs, and the SA with the CZ hammer was scary too light on mine. I'll still go for a Stock2 just for the hell of it (if/when I can afford one), it's just too damn sexy (and I despise light rails).

Also, the Stock2 is a small frame gun - the mags, grips, and a few other parts are different between it and your Limited.

Dave, I think for a buy it and shoot it gun - the SP-01 is hard to beat. I'm just a design and engineering dork, so I much prefer the Tanfoglio layout. If you do go with an SP-01, definitely get one from Angus or Matt - I like to think I'm a pretty good tinkerer, but I can't see how anyone can get the DA lower than about 8lbs, and the SA with the CZ hammer was scary too light on mine. I'll still go for a Stock2 just for the hell of it (if/when I can afford one), it's just too damn sexy (and I despise light rails).

Also, the Stock2 is a small frame gun - the mags, grips, and a few other parts are different between it and your Limited.

The Stock II on the EAA website shows it holds 18 rounds for 9mm. I'm thinking they are importing the large frame version.