Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Not really here for shooting

doc540

I do shoot, but I'm a trainer (mostly of young men) by trade and reading through these threads is like a cool drink of water.

6:50am: I've already cut, pasted, and printed for this morning's training.

Thanks for all your contributions.

Yer welcome. :)

In what area(s) do you train people?

Life skills, communication, motivation, and, ultimately, retail sales (the most challenging, pure sales environment I've ever experienced)

Mostly young men below age 30, currently around 100 on staff

And I actually get paid to do this. (pinches self) :cheers:

I'm tellin' ya, this site is like a king's banquet to a glutton.

I'm holding back from blabbing a bunch of questions and just relishing what's already here.

I'm truly grateful.

Edited by doc540

I'm holding back from blabbing a bunch of questions and just relishing what's already here.

Don't hold back! That's what we're here for.

Thanks, but I have a lot of reading to do first, and many of my questions may be answered there.

And I'm also reluctant to ask questions related to thought process and shooting related to personal defense.

This doesn't appear to be the appropriate platform for such discussions.

A lot of people on here are serious about personal defense and some even process an occasional thought.

And after spending a few hours reading here, the integrity of this "place" demands transparency. I feel none of the typical internet anonymity.

I've become aware that I'm afraid of something and I'm not owning it. If I really wanted to know I'd be fearless and nothing else would matter.

A lot of people on here are serious about personal defense and some even process an occasional thought.

And after spending a few hours reading here, the integrity of this "place" demands transparency. I feel none of the typical internet anonymity.

I've become aware that I'm afraid of something and I'm not owning it. If I really wanted to know I'd be fearless and nothing else would matter.

Well, whatever that means.....?? Still, good luck, hope you find whatever help you need.

Doc,

The reason that this place lacks anonymity is because many of these folks compete with each other on a regular basis. It is hard to trash talk here in the Benoverse, knowing that real people that you know and respect are reading the words that you are typing. I would bet that you are going to find more truly intelligent people on this site than almost any other forum I can think of.

And I'm also reluctant to ask questions related to thought process and shooting related to personal defense.

It's not. OTOH, you do have the option of picking a member whose knowledge base and thought processes you respect - Sam comes instantly to mind :) - and shooting them a PM with a question or comment.

It's not. OTOH, you do have the option of picking a member whose knowledge base and thought processes you respect - Sam comes instantly to mind :) - and shooting them a PM with a question or comment.

Thanks for confirming what my gut told me.

And the PM route is an excellent suggestion.

Alamo, lace up your running shoes...

FAVA BEANS!!

• 2 years later...