Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dealers Forum Display Order Poll

benos

Way back, shortly after starting the Dealers Forum, I remember we did a poll to determine the order for the dealers forums. And it was decided to leave it like it was - new dealers would be added to the bottom of the list. That was when we had about 10 dealer or so, so visually, looking at them displayed on the forum home page, it wasn't too bad. But now with the boatload of dealer forums on the main page - if you're looking for a specific dealer - you really have to work for it to see if they are even there.

So I'm interested to know if, as a dealer, you'd rather leave the order as it is, or change the order to an alphabetical listing?

(I voted to alphabetize - I think it would look better an be much easier to find dealers like that.)

Thank you,

Brian

How about opening up bids and let dealers bid on their spot from top down. Or you could do an advertisement banner like this. http://forum.m1911.org/

If its left int he same format then I think it should be left in the order they joined. Chris was first so I think he deserves first.

Edited by chuckbradley

I've purposefully stayed away from the "rotating banners all over the top of the site" thing because I don't like how it looks. (And I don't care how much more money I could make by doing it. I like our warm, cozy feel.)

;-)

We'll see what Chris says. I think he's the only dog left in this hunt.

be

From an advertising standpoint I'd prefer to be at the top all the time but the object here is to reach the customer and if aphabetizing it makes it easier for the customer to find a particular vendor then that's probably what we need.

As the first dealer to sign up, you know how I voted. B) On the other hand, I agree the dealers down in the middle of the group are harder to locate. I'm confident my customers will find me regardless of where in the mix I end up. If the majority want an alphabetical listing then I'm good with that.

As the first dealer to sign up, you know how I voted. B) On the other hand, I agree the dealers down in the middle of the group are harder to locate. I'm confident my customers will find me regardless of where in the mix I end up. If the majority want an alphabetical listing then I'm good with that.

I had a feeling you were going to say pretty much exactly that. ;)

So would it be too weird if we just left you first, and then alphabetized the rest?

be

So would it be too weird if we just left you first, and then alphabetized the rest?

be

While I appreciate the gesture, I do think that would be too weird. Go ahead and alphabetize the list if that's the consensus. I'll always have the satisfaction of knowing I was the first to recognize a good thing and offer my support.

If you alphabetize them it would be nice if you added a tag to the listing that says something like "Forum Dealer since xxxx". Kind of gives customers an idea how long you have been around.

I thought about that while I was eating lunch... There really isn't a good way to do it so it appears on the forum's home page. Because a forum's "description" for a subforum is not displayed on the home page, like it is for a main forum. So the only way to get "Forum Dealer since xxxx" on the home page would be to add it at the end of each dealers subforum's name. Which would really bloat the entire dealers subforums area.

What about if each dealer pinned and locked a thread in their forum that was titled "Forum Dealer since xxxx". That might be the best alternative.

be

be

While I appreciate the gesture, I do think that would be too weird. Go ahead and alphabetize the list if that's the consensus. I'll always have the satisfaction of knowing I was the first to recognize a good thing and offer my support.

Thank you Chris.

be