Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Custom S&W revolver front and rear sights-LOCKED DUE TO LENGTH

Protocall Design

Hi Ando-

Your order is duly noted. I will need a more exact address and a method of payment. Thanks for the order!

Best Regards - Warren

CC, paypal? You choose.

I'll PM you my address.

Cheers, Ando.

PayPal would be good. My PayPal account is wmoore5@kc.rr.com.

My order arrived today. Pleasure to deal with. Sights are great. Thanks mate.

Cheers, Ando.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Warren: Here I go again. I have a 4" 625 JM with a stock front sight that is 0.250" tall with the gold bead that I can't see. What do you offer that will fit it? Thinking red fiber maybe 0.100" wide. Do you have a rear sight now? The sights on my 5" 625 and model 66 are working great. Let me know when you have a chance. Thanks, Eric

Hi Eric-

I have .100 x .250 fiber fronts. You can get Red, Green, or Orange fiber.

The only rear sights I make are fiber optic ones. If you get one of those you will want to use a .100 x .300 front.

• 3 weeks later...

Warren,

I have a Smith & Wesson 686 SSR with a Classic style front sight. Would it be possible for you to make me a green fiber optic front sight that is .100 wide and .210 high?

I currently have a C&S combat rear sight mated with a .208 Hi-Viz front. I'm looking for a narrower option for the front, and your .100 looks like it would work nicely.

Thanks,

Rick B.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello Warren. I want to order one classic style front sight, green fiber optic at .250" height. This is for a model 627-5. I don't have a paypal account, so I would send you a postal money order. Can you pm me your mailing address?

Thanks, John

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Warren. I'm new here and this is my first post. I have a question on your FO rear sight. What all comes with it? Is it like just changing the blade or is it a complete sight with the leaf?

Thanks,Jules

Edited by jules

• 3 months later...

Couple of quick questions:

1 - Installing - it it just a matter of punching out the roll pin, removing the current sight and then installing new parts?

2 - Can the front fiber be changed? I'm not sure what color I'd want. I'm thinking red but I'm not 100% sure yet.

3 - Availability? I just got my 625 JM yesterday and haven't even fired it yet but if the sights are readily available I may hold off on firing it until I get the new sight installed.

Hi Zack!

Congrats on your 625! You will love it.

1- First check to see if it's the clip on sight. They have a pin too. Look for a small hole in the front of the barrel under the front sight. There is a picture of that elsewhere on this dealer forum. If no hole in front then it's a pin on sight and you have to install the sight, then drill through the existing hole, halfway from each side then drive in the pin. You will need to know this to order the correct sight. Also measure the height of the original and order the closest one.

2- Changing the fibers is easy. You just cut the current one in the middle and pull it out each end. Then put in the new one and melt the back end with a Bic lighter or similar, trim the front with a little sticking out and melt that end. It takes about a minute.

3- I have sights in stock ready to go, just let me know which one you need.

Thanks! I'm looking forward to shooting it. I asked my wife to text me a photo of the front sight and it does have the little hole in front like the picture shown at the top of the pinned thread for the sight. Assuming that means I have the pinned front sight it looks like the proper height is .200. Do you sell/include additional fiber with the sight? I'll PM you my email address so you can send me a PayPal invoice for the site if you'd like.

• 2 weeks later...