Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Camdex Loader

BigDave

here is the reply I got from Camdex.  Hopefully this will answer any "burning" questions.

Dave,

Here are the answers to your questions:

The cost of the 2100 Series Machine in any standard pistol caliber is $23,500.

Yes, the machine can be converted to other calibers, the appoximate cost of the conversions are 3,750 when purchased with your machine.  If purchased after delivery, the cost is increased by $200.  Pistol caliber conversions are not interchangeable with rifle caliber machines.

We manufacture our own dies.

The accuracy of the powder measurins system is 0.05 grain

Machine powder probe is adjustable and will detect powder charges within 0.8 gr of actual powder charge.

Yes, the machine is serviceable.

Machines are in service with over 100 million rounds loaded.

Hopper capacity - Brass & Bullets approx. 500

Primer - safe capacity, no more than 400 primers. Factory requirements

Curious mostly.  I can't think seriously about it right now, as much as I'd really, really like to.  I have tossed the idea around a lot.  I'm constantly thinking of a way to get off of the road and working for myself.

Well, every now and then those Camdexes come up for sale used.  What I really want to see is the machine that packages the loaded rounds into boxes.  That has to be pretty neat.

The only way I can figure out the case separator works that that they have a sets of slots that increase in width as the cases vibrate down the separator.  The small stuff falls out up top, the big stuff heads for the bottom.  How they separate 38 SPL from 357 Mag would be interesting to know.  40 and 10mm probably have the same issue.

E

(Edited by EricW at 9:34 pm on Nov. 4, 2002)

You would be amazed at what a sorter can do.  I used to work in the seed corn (corn that is grown for seed, some people don't know) industry.  Imagine trying to seperate varying sizes of flat seeds versus rounds versus semi flats.  I imagine it would be a helluva lot easier to seperate finite element sizes.

Most of the case sorters work by first getting all the brass base-down, then sorting by rim-size, then using either optical sensors or metal reed-switches or blocks to divert the longer cases (10mm vs 40, 38 vs 357,...) down a different chute.

I'm toying with some ideas for an el-cheapo 38super vs .40 sorter, but haven't got anything working really well yet.