Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Fast way of unloading a Benelli M2?

Religious Shooter

Works on most shotguns, in the loading port push on the tab that is holding the shells in

the mag tube from coming out (side of the reciever). One by one they will release out of the tube.

Practicing for Superstition huh ?? ;)

Yep, just flip that sucker over with the loading port facing straight up. Index finger of the left hand, push in on the shell catch and remove shells from the loading port one at a time.

Just a note: The stronger the mag spring the more velocity the shells have when they come out of the mag tube.

I can not push hard enough to unload faster using that method. The fastest way for me:

Start with safety on.

Point muzzle pointed in a safe direction holding the shotgun with the left hand on the forearm.

Place the butt against the pelvis just couple inches inboard of the right hip.

Right thumb forward as if to shake hands, palm towards the left and adjacent to right side of the M2.

Press continuously up on the cartridge drop lever with the right ring (annular) finger, and retract the bolt handle with the right thumb.

Fully retract the bolt handle and eject the round.

As you allow the bolt to go forward it will strip the next shell from the cartridge carrier.

Allow the bolt to go forward as the cartridge is chambered.

Before the bolt is fully closed the next round will feed onto the carrier.

Immediately retract the bolt carrier using the bolt handle fully ejecting the shell.

Repeat this "short cycle until the shotgun is cleared and the bolt is locked to the rear.

I can unload faster at present than I can load, I can unload in about 5 seconds, my eight rounds into the gun from the belt, weak hand reload is about 10.5 seconds right now. I am gaining speed, albeit slowly.

I use a plastic storage tub to catch the dummy rounds with which I practice loading.

Edited by Michael Carlin

This is from the M2 manual

Unloading

(This operation must be carried out with the

gun safety catch engaged - see “Safety catch”

and the barrel pointed in safe direction)

To unload the shotgun, proceed as follows:

1) Engage the safety catch and pull the

cocking lever to open the bolt (fig. 23):

the cartridge in the chamber is extracted

and ejected (fig. 25).

2) Gently release the cocking lever to close

the breech block (fig. 24).

3) Reverse the gun, and, thrusting the carrier

down, press the cartridge retaining lever

from the front with the hand index finger

(fig. 26).

4) The cartridges will be released one by

one into your hand (fig. 27); the carrier

latch must be pressed for each released

cartridge.

Ok, face it...this is where the Remington (and almost all other shotguns) have an advantage over the Benelli. Just pull the trigger until empty (not at SMM3G) or make sure sure you can count correct and then don't load to many rounds!

RLTW,

Scott

Is there a faster way of unloading a Benelli M2 (other than shooting the shells out) other than pressing that silver button on the side of the trigger guard and working the bolt?

Short answer= NO

For me using the cartridge retainer lever to release shells is waaaay slower than just holding in the little silver tab and just quickly hand cycling the action. I can empty all 8 shells in the tube in about 3 seconds.

• 2 weeks later...