Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Korean Glock Mags

BlackBuzzard

Probably pick up ten myself. Worst case scenario, I load 5 of them with dummies for the basement so I am not dropping good mags and banging feed lips all the time and use the other five at the indoor range so I am not dropping my good mags on the concrete over and over again. And if they are as good as OEM mags all the better...............

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All they make that I am aware of are for the Glock 17/19. I have a bunch of each and they work fine. Only issue I have is, just like original mags, that last round is a pita to get in there.

Steve

I took one apart at a gunshow and was not impressed with the spring or follower. I don't think they are worth the money, but that is just my opinion. As someone already said, if Glock had not boosted their price these would not look like a bargain, but it seems like everything is going up.

I took one apart at a gunshow and was not impressed with the spring or follower. I don't think they are worth the money, but that is just my opinion. As someone already said, if Glock had not boosted their price these would not look like a bargain, but it seems like everything is going up.

The way I see it.....

a ) reputable members say they run well.....(NOT saying you are wrong in your analysis).

b ) the price is right.

c ) even if they are crap, then they become my basement practice/dropper mags, so as to save my OEM's.

d ) part of my inventory plan for items that may be unobtainable someday soon.

BB

My order arrived today from Military Gun Supply. Ordered on February 24 with backorder expected to be filled March 6th. Arrived March 12.

Total for 20 mags was $214.26, that is $10.713 each.

I ordered 10 on Feb 13th processed the 16th and still don't have them, going to have to see where the are :angry2:

I got a G19 KCI mag awhile back and am happy with it's performance and why I ordered the above.

Edited by Triggerbender

There should not be a single person in this forum that would allow a magazine to become unobtainable, Korean or otherwise. It's a cost issue, buy enough cheap stuff to keep the good stuff in tip-top shape.

My order arrived today from Military Gun Supply. Ordered on February 24 with backorder expected to be filled March 6th. Arrived March 12.

I ordered 10 on Feb 13th processed the 16th and still don't have them, going to have to see where the are :angry2:

I got a G19 KCI mag awhile back and am happy with it's performance and why I ordered the above.

Update;

My mags showed up today and they say KHAN on the base plate and body, they are total CRAP, FTF and FTE, I have a KCI mag that is constructed the same as genuine GLOCK and runs flawlessly. Turned my Glocks to Jam o matics.

On these the the lips/liners are not even close in design to KCI or Glock and hit the ejector on my Glocks when inserted and feed lips are not the proper dimension in any way.

I have called and got no answer and e-mailed asking to exchange these for KCI we will see how this goes down. :angry2:

Edited by Triggerbender

The above order was for KCI mags and instead I was given KHAN mags. I get the impression that they are not the same.

The KHAN appear to be rough copies of Glock magazines. Like Triggerbender stated they go further into the gun and in my gun appear to be much closer to the ejector than the latest Glock mags I have. They also fit tighter in the gun and in 4 out of the 5 glocks I tried they either didn't drop free of didn't drop free very fast.

I tried two of the KHAN magazines out this afternoon in live fire with no malfunctions. The trial was with two different 3rd gen G17's and a 3rd gen G17L.

I would stay away from KHAN!

Rob

My order just showed up too, and I also got KHAN magazines instead of KCI. I sent them an email, and I will call tomorrow if I don't have a reply by then. None of the KHAN magazines drop free in my G17. The KCI mags I have worked perfectly, I am so disappointed in the KHAN mags.

This is what I found after close inspection and serious fiddling.

IF you have a "KCI" mag to compare them to please do. The KHANS I got are not even close is what got me cranked up. This is why I ordered KCI, not these!!

Mine would not hand cycle out of the box, the back of the liner hit my ejectors and I was afraid if you slapped one in there hard it would break or bend the ejector.

Looking at the feed lips the release point is later on the KHAN (longer feed lips by .080/.090in.) compared to your Glock also on the ones I got the feed lips were all tapered from the back .345in. to the front .330in. or less, giving nose down feeds, factory mag is .335in. back to .345in. front.

Backasswards!!!

All my the KHANS when loaded point the nose of the bullet to the right. Looking at the left side of the mag body at the nose of the follower compared to your Glock the mag body has a big round rib in it compared to a flatter one on a Glock, a genuine KCI is exactly like your Glock.

In a tight chambered gun, like with an after market barrel the KHAN feed lips will give you fits.

I took the file to two of the mags and shaped the rear of the liner like a Factory Glock or KCI mag and bent the lips the to proper dimension and seem to work in my factory Glocks at this point and sort of work in one with an aftermarket barrel as I have not cut the release point back on the lips yet.

A genuine KCI G19 is identical to a Glock and run flawless. The KHAN castings are not sharp and clean on the follower or body, unlike the KCI or GLOCK.

If you get lucky and these work in your gun it is because of the Glock reliability factor and not the mags. IMHO!

PASS if you are looking for KCI or Glock quality. :wacko:

I have yet to hear from seller and guessing probably won't, I realize this is a busy busy time for these guys but I tend to buy more from people who respond to e-mail questions. :surprise:

My mags arrived today and they are also KHAN mags!! :angry2: The order says KCI mags and the packing list says KCI mags. I am going to get the right mags or a refund. These came from Military Gun Supply and I will let you know what they have to say, but for now, I would certainly not order any KCI mags from these people. :ph34r:

Edited by ks-shooter

I ordered March 3, and called this Monday to cancel after reading that they are crap on this forum - never heard of KHAN before.

The ten packs are no longer listed on their web site, and I think they sold out.

When I called to cancel he gave me BS about my credit card was declined - lucky me :cheers:

Anyway, I think they just made up the credit card decline part as they sold out.

I consider myself lucky at this point.

Still I would buy KCI in a heart beat.

I cant remember......did the site state the 10packs were KCI's or did they just say Korean?

BB

ps......sorry I ever started this thread given the outcome.

Edited by BlackBuzzard

Just checked the MGS website, they have changed the description from KCI to KHAN. Checked my invoice, and it says KCI on there. I will be calling them in a few minutes for a refund. And I broke down and ordered genuine Glock mags from a reputable dealer.