Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Korean Glock Mags

BlackBuzzard

Local gun show table had a large inventory of Korean made Glock magazines.

Some guy over on AR.com reviewed them with generally positive things to say (reposted at Glock-talk).

Anyone in the IPSC community have high mileage on one of these mags yet?

BB

Edited by BlackBuzzard

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just read up on the Korean mags...and don't think that the money that you save is worth the sacrifice in quality. Places like OBX have mag sales one every three months which take the price of mags into the $15-17 range.

BUY AMERICAN!!!!! Yes glock is from austria but there production plant for US sales is in Georgia....... I would be apprehensive of these mags just like the chinese optics.........

I don't have any Korean mags yet. But if Glock had not raised mag prices and kept supply tight, there would not be much space for the copycats to exist. If their marketing dept has any smarts, they'll work hard to keep the market supplied with mags at a price that discourages copycats.

Then of course there is the general apprehension about what we may not be able to buy in the future.........can you say "hoarding"? :devil: :devil:

OBX wants $28each for G17 mags. Please post if they should have another $15 sale again.

BB

OBX wants $28each for G17 mags. Please post if they should have another $15 sale again.

I will.

Also keep in mind...USPSA/IDPA/IPSC punish time loss, and I can think of nothing that kills time more then bum mags. I'm not saying that Korean mags are bad...but can they really be dramatically better than the already failproof OEM mags?

I will.

Also keep in mind...USPSA/IDPA/IPSC punish time loss, and I can think of nothing that kills time more then bum mags. I'm not saying that Korean mags are bad...but can they really be dramatically better than the already failproof OEM mags?

Crappy mag in a match can cost you the stage and maybe the match. Crappy mag in a defensive situation.... Seems like there is no place for crappy mags.

The Korean Glock 19 magazines were built on government contract to OEM specifications. Ya'll may recall our government supplied a large amount of Glock 19's to one of our allies a few years back...these magazines are the overrun from that order. The only thing these mags don't have is GLOCK stamped on the base plate. I forget the exact number that was imported, but the number was in the many thousands. We T&E'd a sample from the importer and it worked just like an OEM Glock magazine.

Edited by Middle Man

I will.

Glock mags will never be a 15 bucks again...Glock's wholesale price (and the corresponding dealer and retail prices) increased beyond that number earlier in 2008.

• 2 months later...

Never handled Scherer, so I can't comment there. Looks and feels like factory, maybe a trifle heavier. I took apart both the KCI and the factory mags and looked at each part. Generally identical, and I swapped all the guts of one into the other, even did baseplates as well.

Frankly I could not tell the difference. Loaded them up, dropped them to the ground, both stayed together with no problems.

Each ran rounds through just fine, each loaded up easily enough, and you know what the best part is?

My Glock couldn't tell the difference.

Watch the video

Edited by vluc

My previous posts were simply based upon other accounts that I found online. Since Glock magazines have increased in price, I am more willing to shell out $14 a pop to give the Korean variants a try.

I have 2. They have been 100% for me. I just ordered 10 more from military gun supply for $100.

Would you mind posting the website? I would like to try out a few of these for myself.