Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Local match costs

double_pedro

DSRPC charges $20 for members and $25 for non-members. MD's and scorekeeper shoot for free. They've been allowing me to extend the "shoot for free" discount to folks that show up by 0630 ready to help setup. We ask everyone to help with RO, Tape/Reset, brass and tear-down.

I purchase targets, tape, sticks and other consumable supplies, submit the receipts and get reimbursed. DSRPC keeps all the money and the MD's get the distinct privilege of begging for what ever $$$ we can get from the BOD for new steel.

We're negotiating with another range near Henderson, NV to start pistol matches there in January. I think the price per shooter will come down to between $6-$9.

It's not uncommon to see a "show up/shoot/go home" match out west charge $30-35 bucks. Still cheaper and a lot more fun than golf.

Edited by Blockhead

I run the match at my club and we charge 20/shooter, 15 if you are a club member. We where 15/shooter for years and I upped the rate at the beggining of 2007. I also added a stage and we shoot 7 stages. I feel that I give the shooter a very good value as he gets to spend the day shooting for 20 bucks. I can remember when some of the clubs charged 20 and we only shot 4 stages.

+1 This is a great match at a great value!

Here in Huntsville, Alabama we, Rocket City Practical Shooters (RCPS), charge each shooter $15 for the first gun, $5 if they want to shoot another gun for classification.

$15 = $5 range use fee,

$3 to USPSA for each classifier,

$7 into RCPS funds to purchase targets, pasters, steel and props.

This year we started shooting non-USPSA sanctioned Speed Steel matches in an attempt to add revenue. We charge $15 per gun/$5 second gun. Of this $15, again $5 goes to range use fee and remaining goes back into RCPS funds for props, targets, and pasters. Second gun fees all go back into RCPS funds (we like 2 gun shooters B) )

Our speed steel matches are 5 strings of 5 steel targets...throwing out longest string...adding 4 string times for stage score. We shoot 6 stages for match score. Lately, we have been shooting Steel Challenge stages, but vary it up on occasion for variety. We allow centerfire pistols and rimfire pistols and rifles.