Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Black Bullets International

Got some .40 200gr bullets from these guys for my Limited Blaster. I used to shoot MG 180gr on top of 5.2 gr of VV N320. I now shoot these 200gr slugs on top of 4.5gr of VV N320 for a gentle consistent, nearly smoke-free load that makes 176pf EASILY!!! I could probably drop the charge to 4.3 and still be at Major PF but am too lazy right now shooting in Open division to change the powder drop. These guys make GREAT BULLETS. They are clean shooting and made a believer out of me in shooting lead bullets.

I hope they stay in business!!!

cheers623

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Anybody have any luck shooting these things through Glocks? In particular a Glock 17 for 9mm and a Glock 21SF for .45ACP? I know lead and the octagonal rifling can be a problem when using lead bullets. Looking down the barrel, the rifling is certainly more pronounced than the traditional counterparts.

Thanks.

Anybody have any luck shooting these things through Glocks? In particular a Glock 17 for 9mm and a Glock 21SF for .45ACP? I know lead and the octagonal rifling can be a problem when using lead bullets. Looking down the barrel, the rifling is certainly more pronounced than the traditional counterparts.

Thanks.

You should be fine IF you throughly clean you bore every 100-200 rounds. Powders like Unique help a great deal since they burn cooler and tend not to melt the bullet base like faster propellants.

Jim

Good price,

I added a link to my webpage after all the good things I read here about them.

I’ve never shot them and can only use cast in summer (outdoor matches & practices).

I was wondering if anyone has used them in a 625 and how well they worked?

I have from the old Masterblaster runs, and they worked very well. I made some freakishly accurate shots just playing around with them, fifty yard one-hand coke bottles, two inch rocks DA at 25 yards, etc. I'm not much of a group shooter, but when I did try they held a few inches at 25 yards.

H.

• 4 months later...

They are a great product and I would be using them now except the prices are too high. Right now, without shopping around, I can buy Precision Delta 115 gr FMJ for .066 each delivered. I just got an order yesterday. They also are good bullets and FMJ. Black bullets international's price is $199./ 3500 or .0091 each less, delivered. That means with the plastic coated lead bullets I can save $91. per 10,000 bullets or 91 cents per hundred. Hey that's great, I can't save $91. on something everyday. I still remember the last time I "saved" money though, loading lead bullets. Now I know what you're thinking, "These aren't the same," and they aren't -- the plastic coated are much, much better, but for all the grief I had feeding through the automatic bullet feeder and the progressive press I'd have paid $20. per hundred not to be there in that situation. I cleaned out the feeder, seating die and factory crimp die many times and had lots of rejects that wouldn't fit my gauge. Although their bullets are very good, but nothing feeds in your loader and in your gun like jacketed bullets. Plated bullets have worked great for me but they as much or more than the fmj. All these bullets need to be more of a savings [and should be] for me to use them. Hopefully they will get there soon as metal prices have been down a long time.

I load these exclusively for my Glock 34. Took 1st place (SSP Master) in the Aranksas and Missouri State IDPA matches the past two weeks with them, actually. :)

Every 1-200 rounds cleaning the bore? Try every 1 or 2 months. ;)

My load is 3.3 grains of Solo100 under a 147grain BlackBullet. It's as soft (or softer) than a 147 FMJ over 3.2 titegroup. Pretty clean, too, as long as you stay away from Titegroup under 'em.

I've burned through 5,000 BlackBullets this year, all through a Glock, and plan to order at least another 15k very soon.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

I just received an order of them in .45 and I like what I see, they do vary in weight a bit but none are below the advertised 230 grains. They have a little pointer (word?) profile than most FMJ which I'm hoping will be an asset in the Revo. I've been having trouble getting Precision's to "just" fall in, they take some wiggle with the flat nose.

• 2 weeks later...

I just order a case of the 40/180. I've been shooting Masterblaster's 180gr for 6 years so it'll be nice to NOT have to change my load.

The old MB 180 typically averaged ~178gr. It'll be interesting to see if that's changed.

• 1 month later...

Is anyone having problems getting their order. I placed an order on 6/2 which apparently was lost in the mail and I am not having the greatest time communicating by email. Phone is never answered and I am left wondering what the heck is going on. Last I heard my order was shipped on 7/13 and I was supposed to be given a tracking number which I still have not received.

They were slow to ship my order as well but it did eventually arrive. I didn't have much luck with them by phone either, when I finally did get through it was first thing in the morning.

I see their website now shows a notice of shipping delays... at the time I ordered there was no notice but it still took about 8 days for my order of "in stock" items to ship.

I will say that I am happy with the product.

They are starting to take a little longer to receive but no where near as long as other bullet manufacturers except Montana Gold. If you can afford Montana Gold they usually are shipped within 2 days of receiving the order.

After MasterBlasters went out of business...I switched back to Bear Creek bullets. They're every bit as good as MasterBlasters and cheaper to right now. Just last week I ordered 3000 and had them delivered to my door (well technically the front door of my garage, the mail person must have got tired after carrying the first box) in a week.

• 3 months later...

Just ordered 3000 147gr 9mm. I've been happy with the Bear Creek Molys I ordered a while back, but can't seem to find them anywhere. Down to 600 or so, so I hope he's shipping fast!!! I have a few crappy Montana Golds left (crappy accuracy in my gun).

Looking forward to getting these.

Jeff

Just ordered 3000 147gr 9mm. I've been happy with the Bear Creek Molys I ordered a while back, but can't seem to find them anywhere. Down to 600 or so, so I hope he's shipping fast!!! I have a few crappy Montana Golds left (crappy accuracy in my gun).

Looking forward to getting these.

Jeff

Never could find a website...

Bear Creek Supply (209) 874-4322.

Forgive my newbie-ness

from the BBI website...

The roll crimp die will cut through the bullet coating. The Lee Factory Taper Crimp "U" Die will undersize the bullets causing accuracy and fouling problems.

I have a Dillon 550 set-up with the Lee 4 die set, which includes the factory crimp die. I would like to try the 9mm 147gr 100 pack and see how they work, but what crimp die would I need get?

Thanks!