Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Loading 9mm with Hodgdon Titegroup

Rocknrollgen

Current 9mm TG data; use at own risk, etc. etc.

(click to enlarge)

XHsvhMl.png

Do you know if Winchester SPP are equivalent of the mag tech ones?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Close enough I don't concern myself over it loading at non-max Minor.

I'm sure I chrono'd both back to back, but don't seem to have that one in my spreadsheet...will load some Win SPP and Magtechs with same load and save a few for the chrono, but it'll likely be month before I make it back to chrono time..

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haven't chronod this load yet, but it feels pretty hot. I'm thinking around 1,200 fps plus

Guessing 1150, but let us know how it works out - I'm assuming you've worked the load up?

not really, 15 years ago I ran 3.0.3.5,4.0,4.5,5.0 and 5.5. I have loaded as high as 5.2 grains but cracked a couple of slides, so backed it off to 4.0 grs.

I run 3.3 gr of Titegroup under a MG 147 at 1.135 for 131pf out of a G34.

Exactly the same for me. I love the stuff. I wish I had enough that I could use it exclusively (I shoot jacketed MG's). Also like HP-38 (WW231). To a lesser extent CFE Pistol and its sister AutoComp work good for me. Slightly less favorable WSF, Longshot, 4756, and Power Pistol. Personally I hate Unique because it is fluffy and meters poorly.

I understand the smoke issue with lead shooters. Actually I never noticed it getting the barrel hot. I'll watch for that. Somebody send me 16 pounds please.

• 2 weeks later...