Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Accuracy Glock 34

Bagger02

What you may find is that a Glock just does not physically fit you or your shooting style - I know some very good shooters that can shoot a Glock well and other very good shooters that cannot. If you can shoot another gun, with a different grip width or angle or shape or feel or any of a dozen other things better, then get rid of the Glock and get that gun instead.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I very recently found that my new G34 can deliver slightly tighter groups than my new sti eagle did off the bench @ 27 yards. With stock sights however, I could not outshoot the eagle with the 34........needed the smaller front fiber sight to get nice tight groups at longer ranges. 3 shot groups @ 27 yards averaged around 1 5/8" with a few different factory loads. Shooting off a v-notched wood block, nothing fancy. My G22 makes slightly larger groups, around 2 to 2.5" and my G35 makes around 2" groups.......none have factory sights.

Man, Thanks for all the help. I have some really good feedback to work with. You all have given me a lot to think about. I really need to let someone that knows Glocks shoot it and tell me what he thinks. I'm not going to give up just don't want to spend a ton of money.

:wacko:

Thanks

Steve

Tx.

try some 124 XTP bullets over 231 powder

1.140 and 4.5 grains 231

its about as accurate as it gets

I'm wondering if my OAL is too short. I usually seat at 1.125 and go down as low as 1.100. I have only been loading the 9mm for about 6 months and still working with the loads. I like VV320. I also load a lot of Clays and have found Titegroup to be a little to hot. Maybe it is the length.

Hello: I would try some 147 grain Precision bullets. The Glock 34 I had loved those bullets and was very accurate as well. I did have to bump the power factor up to 137 or so for them to work very accurately. At 126PF they just kind of went out there with groups of 8" or so at 25 yards free hand. At 137PF they would shoot sub 2" groups at 25 yards. I would play around with your loads a bit then buy the 147 grain bullets and don't look back. Thanks, Eric

That kind of difference is amazing... I would never expect that much variation from such small differences in PF. Have other shooters noticed that same things?

I use 4.5 gr W231, 124gr Berrys at 1.130" COL. I'm switching to MG 124gr CMJ but haven't tested grouping with these bullets. I can't imagine that kind of variation though.

Mix in some training rounds with live ammo, have a buddy do it so you don't know where they are in the mag. Shoot some groups. You'll answer 2 questions very quickly, having spent very little money.

before you give up, send the gun to CHARLIE VANEK for some great trigger work. i am so sure this will solve ALL your accuracy problems.

Honestly, I'm not. No offense intended. Trigger pull weight is just a small part of the equation. No change to the gun is going to buy good technique which is really where it's at.

I routinely can shoot a pepper popper at 145 mt drawing from holster, not every time, but say 8times out of ten, with a plain serrated .100 front sight and a dawson rear with my g34.

with my competition recipe of 145grs nickel plated rn and 3.6grs of n320 I shot one ragged hole at 10 yds and 1.5inches from sandbags at 25 yds.

For me the g34 is amazingly accurate, but maybe I'm lucky because mine has tighter tolerances than other glocks I owned.

Honestly, I'm not. No offense intended. Trigger pull weight is just a small part of the equation. No change to the gun is going to buy good technique which is really where it's at.

i recommended it bcos most shooters coming from a 1911 will have a harder time w/ the glock trigger.

In the main I agree with Duane. In my experiences I've seen folks try to buy skill and it never does work. A sound, proper understanding and execution of the fundementals is critical. Then if one feels the need for add on's by all means experiment. For the record I have Vanek triggers in all my "play" Glocks. The carry glocks are all stock.

I shoot a glock 34 also,and first worked on the trigger for better groups.then i put in a barsto barrel,then tryed 147gr precision bullets with wsf powder.Thats when i found out there is such a thing as too accurate.It's cost me some points in matchs becouse two shoots in one hole that looked like one shot.Are the plate matchs your talking about at dpc by chance?That's were i shoot.My name is rick. :cheers:

Any suggestions before I go trade it in on another gun.

Nah. Trade's good.

No trade, I want let it get the best of me.

I just loaded some more 115 HP with N320 and changed my OAL to 1.140. Going off what the VV load data suggest to see if it changes anything.

:)

Jim

In the main I agree with Duane. In my experiences I've seen folks try to buy skill and it never does work. A sound, proper understanding and execution of the fundementals is critical. Then if one feels the need for add on's by all means experiment. For the record I have Vanek triggers in all my "play" Glocks. The carry glocks are all stock.

Do you like the Vanek trigger? I will change a few things latter on down the road. For now I want to understand what I'm doing wrong. It's the little things in life that drives you nuts.

Steve

Do you like the Vanek trigger? I will change a few things latter on down the road. For now I want to understand what I'm doing wrong. It's the little things in life that drives you nuts.

Steve

Hi Steve..yes, I like the Vanek trigger. I will say that I'm glad that I waited until I got a good sense of where the Glock trigger "broke" before I bought Charlies trigger. For now, do as many do..a 3.5 connector, a wolf reduced power spring and polish the contact points. These will stand you in good stead.

I had chrono'd Glocks many times at past Area Championships, long ago. Never seemed to like them until I bought my own G34. I was horribly surprised, it was the most accurate factory gun I've ever picked up. After a bit of Trigger work I really like it.

If you're still looking for a gunsmith, Benny Hill is in Corpus Christi. Does good work on 1911's, probably could help with a Glock.

I had chrono'd Glocks many times at past Area Championships, long ago. Never seemed to like them until I bought my own G34. I was horribly surprised, it was the most accurate factory gun I've ever picked up. After a bit of Trigger work I really like it.

If you're still looking for a gunsmith, Benny Hill is in Corpus Christi. Does good work on 1911's, probably could help with a Glock.

What bullet and OAL were you using? I'm thinking some of my problem is with my loads.

Thanks

Steve

:surprise:

I had some accuracy issues as you describe with a well used and worn G34 I purchased from another shooter here in AZ. I am not bragging, but I am a ferly damned good pistol shot, and this '34 wouldn't shoot as I thought it should. My Glock 26 would shoot circles around it.

It was enough of a bargain at $350 with 6 mags, that investing another $160 in a Lone Wolf barrel wasn't out of the question.

As soon as I dropped the new tube in, the gun went from 7"-8" at 25yds to 3"-3 1/4" at the same distance offhand. Off the bags it would tighten up to 2 1/2 - 2 3/4"....IF I was doing my part.

OTOH...if you want shut of it....get an XD. :surprise: