Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Kiss Bullet feeder

Im thinking of getting a kiss bullet feeder,

and i know that u have to sacrifice one of your station regardless if you use 650 or 1050.

and those of you that have got them, which feature on you press you sacrifice?

do you sacrifice the powder checker?

or do you sacrifice you crimp die and use a crimp and seat combo die?

i know i can solve both that problem by getting a GSI, but i think its too expensive.

Regards

Andry

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im thinking of getting a kiss bullet feeder,

and those of you that have got them, which feature on you press you sacrifice?

do you sacrifice the powder checker?

Andry

DO IT!

I dropped the powder check station for my 650.

With Major 9, the powder level is easy to see in the case.

100 rounds in 3.5 minutes is awesome.

I never did use the powder check. I just look in the case. The KISS made me give up my double sizing setup: Dillon sizer in 1, U-die in 2, powder in 3, seat in 4 and FCD in 5. I just took out the U-die and moved the powder measure back to 2 and things are just fine!

Later,

Chuck

I wouldn't get all excited about getting one right away

I wanted to order 2 and they are not shipping any right now.

You will get an email reply as follows:

"We are currently not shipping units due to impending changes in the

structure of the company.

I'm keeping a log of order requests (first come/first served format) and

I'll notify you as soon as we resume shipping units.

Thanks for you interest in the KISS Bulletfeeder TM"

Hopefully they will get things rolling again pretty soon.

I just received 2 KISS Bullet Feeders. The delay seems to be in a change to the (Collator) Feeder Bowl.

They are going from a fixed size bullet flipper to an adjustable bullet flipper system. I was told the plates

are different from earlier collators. I luckily have some bullet collator bowls about twice the size of a Dillon

Case Collator. So I only needed to buy the Conversion kits at $150. each. If you don't need the collator,

they do seem to be shipping the conversions which include everything except the bowl and spring shute.

Hope this helps, GunWhoreDer

I have 1 Dillon 1050 Super press, load 4 calibers all on their own toolheads with the KISS bullet drop tubes installed, 1 KISS bullet feeder.

The best piece of kit you can find.

I think the hardest thing to do, on the installation, is adjust the new, supplied powder drop tube.

Same thing I got

Same thing I got

Good things come to those who wait...

Same thing I got

I heard they were changing the design slightly... is there anyone who can confirm this? If so what?

Same thing I got

I heard they were changing the design slightly... is there anyone who can confirm this? If so what?

The droppers are now modular, 9-38, 10-40, 45, 308 are 3 sections tall and the 223 is 4 sections tall. There are spiral debris ports cut into the upper dropper sections. A common adapter is used to connect the collator output tube spring to the droppers. The collator no longer uses the 5/8" bearing to dislodge partially inserted bullets from the collator plate. A spring loaded arm now does this. The flip ramp is adjustable for different length bullets. The nose guide is easier to adjust. It also has a debris port. For handgun calibers, the collator has an increased output rate due to collator plate design changes (also... no more agitator screws on the collator plates). The standard attachment method will now be a metal angled bracket / short tube combination. The tube stand will still be available for those who want one. Support will continue for all prior systems.

Shipping will likely resume next week. The website photos will be updated to reflect design changes.

Same thing I got

The droppers are now modular, 9-38, 10-40, 45, 308 are 3 sections tall and the 223 is 4 sections tall. There are spiral debris ports cut into the upper dropper sections. A common adapter is used to connect the collator output tube spring to the droppers. The collator no longer uses the 5/8" bearing to dislodge partially inserted bullets from the collator plate. A spring loaded arm now does this. The flip ramp is adjustable for different length bullets. The nose guide is easier to adjust. It also has a debris port. For handgun calibers, the collator has an increased output rate due to collator plate design changes (also... no more agitator screws on the collator plates). The standard attachment method will now be a metal angled bracket / short tube combination. The tube stand will still be available for those who want one. Support will continue for all prior systems.

Shipping will likely resume next week. The website photos will be updated to reflect design changes.

Thnx

• 2 weeks later...

pics of the updated parts would be great. I still have feed problems with 9mm 147gr JHPs in my KISS. they don't fall into the slots all that great, even though I've tapered the edges of the slots (and that did make a huge improvement), but I get upside down ones fairly regularly even after playing with the nose guide.

pics of the updated parts would be great. I still have feed problems with 9mm 147gr JHPs in my KISS. they don't fall into the slots all that great, even though I've tapered the edges of the slots (and that did make a huge improvement), but I get upside down ones fairly regularly even after playing with the nose guide.

Here's mine Slav.

HPIM1365.jpg

HPIM1364.jpg

HPIM1363.jpg

FWIW I load 147's (Frontiers) and I'm not having any problems. I tried some 125 HAP's with success too.

Edited by RePete

Here's a shot of the redesigned collator plates. They pick up bullets easier and provide increased output.

post-1691-1218502673_thumb.jpg

any chance a person could send back an old collator and get a new one? or failing that, how much for a new one? the chamfering I did to mine isn't quite as radical, I guess I could just do that myself? a taller drop tube for 9mm would also be cool, just to get a bit more weight on top of the bullet being seated. every now and then I get a bullet falling out of the case when the shell plate indexes, although that could be as much to do with getting ahead of the feeder due to the collator plate.

any chance a person could send back an old collator and get a new one? or failing that, how much for a new one? the chamfering I did to mine isn't quite as radical, I guess I could just do that myself? a taller drop tube for 9mm would also be cool, just to get a bit more weight on top of the bullet being seated. every now and then I get a bullet falling out of the case when the shell plate indexes, although that could be as much to do with getting ahead of the feeder due to the collator plate.

That could be attributed to 2 things.

1. Speed of the shellplate being too fast and

2. Not enough flare on the case.

neither actually, the bullets normally seat just fine, but when the number in the tube drop a few too many, there isn't as much pressure on the bullet being seated and as a result it doesn't get pushed into the case far enough to lock it in. I've experimented all sorts of different ways with that.

The new dropper bodies are just a bit longer now (9-38 shown). That change and the higher output rate of the collator increases the average bullet column height in the dropper body, providing a bit more tamping pressure on the bottom bullet. Also, since typical 223 bullets are so much lighter, the 223 dropper is now 4 sections long to allow more bullet mass in the column and yield better tamping as well.

For additional tamping performance, some users report that a Lyman M-Die in the swage station on a 1050 will improve tamping somewhat. I've ordered a few and will check it out.

New style collator plates are backwardly compatible with earlier collators.

I guess it's probably best to just send any specific questions to the e-mail link on the website.

Rick

post-1691-1218566322_thumb.jpg

"Changes in the structure of the company".........Doesn't sound like design change in the feeder, or am I missing something??

You read that right. RAK Systems, LLC is now the business entity producing the unit.

Now that we have a new company making these, what is the turn around from order to delivery?

I am think Christmas present to myself.. I want to make sure I get it in Dec.. and not next May.

:cheers: