Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

R.E.I. Hy-Drive System for Dillon RL 1050

Does anyone have any information regarding this system? It is a hyrdaulic 110 volt power unit and variable speed rotarty actuator designed for attachemnet to the Dillon RL 1050 press. it is supposed to up the production to around 1800 rounds per hour. Anyone have any similar automation ideas for the RL 1050?

Thanks

• 7 months later...

I've looked at the Ponsness/Warren website several times.... that thing looks like the ticket!! Any info would be appreciated here as well. Looks like Dawson has it available on their website too, might be worth a phone call.

• 3 weeks later...

for anyone interested...i broke down and ordered the p/w auto drive for my 1050 S...

easy install,,,just bolt down, and set the operating arm length and slip clutch, and go....super smooth operation,,,very consistant powder drops.. more consistant than run by hand

i load 223 and 38S on my machine, and the only problems i have encountered have more to do with my KISS bullet feeder than the machine,,,i sometimes use flat base bullets in the 223, and when operated by hand, have a drop out of around 1 out of ten...with the autodrive, nearly every bullet falls off,,,,and, feeding the bullet by hand is pretty nervous....dont need any 22 cal holes in a finger! still havent figgured this one out....but, with bevel base 38's or boattail 223's,,,you just sit and watch it go...fill with primers, hulls, and powder, and go!

pretty expensive,,but very consistant loads, and easy on old elbows

Edited by acowboy

had a pm from rick, the inventer of the KISS bullet feeder after my post...

he helped me solve my bullet drop problems i was having with flat base 223 bullets....now, the machine runs like a MACHINE!!!!

was super nice of him to help, and really first class support....wish everyone in this world would stand behind what they sell like rick does.....

THANKS FOR A SUPER PRODUCT!

had a pm from rick, the inventer of the KISS bullet feeder after my post...

he helped me solve my bullet drop problems i was having with flat base 223 bullets....now, the machine runs like a MACHINE!!!!

was super nice of him to help, and really first class support....wish everyone in this world would stand behind what they sell like rick does.....

THANKS FOR A SUPER PRODUCT!

My Pleasure... if you ever need any help with your system, let me know.

Rick Koskela / RAK Systems, LLC

i'll have to measure for you,,,but, a rough guess is 18" from the back of the machine

My 1050 Auto-Drive seems to want about 19" from the front edge of the PW baseplate to the wall. The PW Baseplate is only about 16" deep, but the arm goes back from there when it rotates. I expect the Super 1050 version is similar.

You won't want to put the front of the PW plate much more than 1/2" back from the front edge of your bench if you ever want to use the manual arm or you'll have to notch the bench.