Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

fastest reload

brospizza

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been in the .70's but it's been a while and that was knee deep in brass. I did a .76 or.75 with Ric Arnold in pratice a couple months ago.

Fastest on the spot, in a drill was an .81 demo-ing a VP for a class about 6 months ago.

I did those 2 x .8x's on the spot a couple Summers ago.

In a match? I think I was high .9x a couple times.

• 4 weeks later...

I recall Steve Anderson doing sub-one second reloads all day long at a match.

It was a Steel Challenge match. We were going through a second time (reshoots). Steve was reloading before each stop plate. I was on the timer, so I got to look at his last shot split.

He was consistently under one second reloading...while transitioning to the stop plate.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Back in the early '90's I came up with a drill that I still use to train for reloads. I call it "2, 2 in 2". On an open IPSC target at 7 yards from your preferred starting position (relaxed or surrender), draw and shoot 2 A's, reload, and shoot two more A's in 2 seconds or less. If you don't shoot A's, the drill doesn't count.

This drill trains you to ensure that the draw and the shots before AND after the reload are quality, and not just burned into the berm.

I believe Lee told me that Tomasie fastest was a .61 or .69 cant remember I was picking my jaw off the ground

I just read somewhere, maybe on here, that he can hit a popper, reload, and hit it again, before it drops. That impressed the heck out of me.

1.15 was my best, with 2 A hits at 7 yds. Did get a 1.01 first shots though

Edited by waxman

In talking with Phil Strader his best shot to shot was like a .54 or something. In practice I have seen him do some amazing things. He would regularly be in low 90's Im sure. Just sick hand speed.

Pat