Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Jim's too lazy to push the"new thread" button

Jim Norman

Thread Drift Alert!

I hear about matches where you show up, shoot through and scoot. Whole match done in 2 hours or less.

I would really like someone to split this off and post a detailed expaination of just how one accomplishes this.

How many days is your range taken up?

When do you build/teardown?

Do ROs get to shoot on matchday?

Do ROs get to shoot at all?

Dedicated RO Staff?

We run by squad and squads are assigned day of match. We have not yet moved to pre-registration.

Inquiring minds want to know.

Jim

How many days is your range taken up? Usually one day, but a couple setup the night before

When do you build/teardown? Usually the day of the match.

Do ROs get to shoot on matchday? Yup.

Do ROs get to shoot at all? Yup.

Dedicated RO Staff? Nope.

How many days is your range taken up? Usually one day, but a couple setup the night before

When do you build/teardown? Usually the day of the match.

Do ROs get to shoot on matchday? Yup.

Do ROs get to shoot at all? Yup.

Dedicated RO Staff? Nope.

I am looking for specifically matches that do not use dedicated squads. We squad our shooters the morning of the match, 7 to 12 per squad. Are you saying the above applies to a shooters choice match? or a squadded match?

Thank you

Jim

• 1 month later...
Thread Drift Alert!

I hear about matches where you show up, shoot through and scoot. Whole match done in 2 hours or less.

I would really like someone to split this off and post a detailed expaination of just how one accomplishes this.

How many days is your range taken up? Usually 1, may setup the afternoon before though.

When do you build/teardown? We find that setting up before the match and tearing down after the match works best.* :rolleyes:

Do ROs get to shoot on matchday? Squads Self-RO

Do ROs get to shoot at all? If they want to

Dedicated RO Staff? Nope

(*We have dedicated setup/teardown crews of either club members who shoot for free or paid staff. The competitors shoot and skoot and it is kool)

We run by squad and squads are assigned day of match. We have not yet moved to pre-registration.

The clubs in San Diego try to pick squads at the shooters meeting. The others are open squading.

Jim

Thread Drift Alert!

How many days is your range taken up? Two.

When do you build/teardown? Setup Saturday morning. Setup crew shoots Sat. after lunch. We provide lunch to setup crew.

Do ROs get to shoot on matchday? If they want to. Most have already shot on Saturday after setup.

Do ROs get to shoot at all? Yes - at least once.

Dedicated RO Staff? 2 ROs assigned to each stage. One can shoot, then relieve the other to shoot. We give ROs a shoot-through pass, so they can shoot the 5 or 6 stages in a little over an hour.

We give discounts for setup, ROing, and tear down. If you do all three, your first gun is free and your second is half price.

We run by squad and squads are assigned day of match. We have not yet moved to pre-registration. We form shooters into groups of 5 or more at registration. They can go shoot the stages in any order they choose. If they start early (9AM), they can be done in two hours or so, depending on match attendance. Some then scoot. Others shoot through a 2nd time.

Jim