What Is Your Highest Rank In IDPA?

Duane Thomas

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SSP MA Match bump

ESP EX Classifier

CDP SS Classifier (Missed EX by this much! <holds fingers very close together> :lol: )

C Marthey

A17430

I bet you could have made CDP EX if you would have worn your big boy gamer pants and your extra medium shirt !!

wasn't the SSP bump right before nationals too ?

I think that the "proper outfit" would have helped push me over the top. I think they were in the wash that day.

Yes, the "bump" was right before nationals. I think I enjoyed the Nats much more that way. It felt like some of the pressure was off. If you look at my scores...it is quite obvious that I was feeling no pressure!

I look forward to going back this year and helping you carry all of your plaques. :cheers:

ESP- MA

SSP- MA

CDP- EX (don't own a 45ACP, heresy, I know)

Jim Taylor

A-18527

Kabul, Afghanistan and Glen Allen VA

I aspire to be able to shoot a revolver like Craig (Bones) but it is a losing cause since I am an old man and virtually untrainable anymore.

CDP - Expert

ESP - Expert

SSP - Expert

ESR - Expert

SSR - Expert

Could I make Master--- You bet-- If I stopped changing divisions all the time.

But I Did Stay At A Holiday Inn Last Night :roflol:

Mark Walter

A 12214

Edited by MichiganShootist

So if you shoot a classifier and qualify as a master, do you then call yourself a master? Even if you don't shoot at a master level in competition. Or must you shoot at master level consistently?

I would think if you shoot THE classifier as a master, you get to claim master status.

SSP - EX - bumped up last month at a local regional

ESP- SS - Shot the classifier in February and have not shot in a match yet

CDP - as soon as my club has another classifier :D

Edited by prreed10

Damn I feel good...Expert in CDP and ESP!!!!!! D-class in uspsa!!!!

Thats about a standard cross over skill set level I would think...? :mellow:

I can only speak for myself, but I'm SS in CDP, SSP and ESP and barely EX in SSR; the USPSA classifiers I've shot will get me into C when/if I ever get enough of them. I shot a B-level classifier, but it was 08-03, and everyone seems to do better than their ranking in that one.

Shot the IDPA classifier 2 years ago and had a 90 in ESP and a 92.34 in CDP. Shot it indoor and was having problems seeing my small front sight. Damn I wanted Master Class!

Edited by MarkS_A18138

Just shot my first classifier, SSP= MM, I was pleased as I have only shot 3 matches, the first two were USPSA, so this was my first outting, IDPA, I enjoyed it.

Shot the IDPA classifier 2 years ago and had a 90 in ESP and a 92.34 in CDP. Shot it indoor and was having problems seeing my small front sight. Damn I wanted Master Class!

Well, you are less than one second off in either category...find a club that is shooting it and just pick one category and shoot it..you will make it..too much pressure with two guns...one at a time and you'll do it..that is how I did it with three guns..

Well, you are less than one second off in either category...find a club that is shooting it and just pick one category and shoot it..you will make it..too much pressure with two guns...one at a time and you'll do it..that is how I did it with three guns..

Mark has shot one IDPA match in his life and that was the classifier...... USPSA Single Stack for Mark..... :cheers: