Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What Is Your Highest Rank In IDPA?

Duane Thomas

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back when there were only 4 division I was a 4 gun sharp shooter. I usually shoot esp and ssp. I have been accused with very strong wording that I'm sandbagging, but alas I missed expert by .5 seconds. Standads type stages like the classifier are what I am worst at. I'm not sure if is psycological or what, but I just don't shoot them well.

From the 2007 IDPA Nationals at http://www.idpa.com

Presumably all IDPA members and currently classified.

Total Shooters by Division and Class

.........Total.....MA......EX.......SS......MM

CDP.......84.......16......19.......30.......19

ESP......107.......17......23.......37.......30

SSP......116.......32......31.......34.......19

ESR.......17........3.......2........7........5

SSR.......20........4.......5........7........4

Total....344.......72......80......115.......77

There is a lot more data where this came from.....

kr

Edited by freeidaho

FWIW --

SSP - MA

ESP - EX

Have only shot a single classifier, in March 07. I'm going to get reclassified in ESP, as I'd like to shoot an ESP-specific gun in the Carolina Cup. I've never shot this match, and would like to.

Steve King

IDPA# A26809

All gun Expert.

I've heard some grumbling about not being in the right class with a few of them................... ( I think I'll ask to go down) :goof:

Hopalong

A11299

Edited by hopalong

If nothing else this poll shows we certainly have a great skill level to call on in this forum. Thus far there are more Masters than anything else. :lol:

I shot one of my first matches up in Berryville. Bill and I know each other from a while back, looked at me and said "I don't need a classifier from him - just slot him M" - I told Bill I hadn't shot in a LONG time. Didn't care. So M it is - not certain what divisions. He just said "M"

J

Perhaps I am a slave to my experiences, but I just don't see IDPA Masters as being that common. In Washington state - and I could stand to be corrected on this - to my knowledge there are only five Masters in the entire state: myself, EmanP, Sandy Wylie, Darrion Holiwell, and Bobby McGee. When I shot the Idaho state match a few years ago, there was exactly one Master class shooter (a CDP guy) in the entire match.

I shot one of my first matches up in Berryville. Bill and I know each other from a while back, looked at me and said "I don't need a classifier from him - just slot him M" - I told Bill I hadn't shot in a LONG time. Didn't care. So M it is - not certain what divisions. He just said "M"

You Five Gun Master, you! :lol:

Hold on now. I pick up one of those guns with that round thingy in the middle - and I bet I slide back a few steps.

The only revo I own is a 5 1/2 inch Ruger Redhawk .44 mag - and that's what I carry when the critters bite back.

Outside of that - well - they all shoot a little quicker . . .

No 5 M for me!!!!!

J

In Washington state - and I could stand to be corrected on this - to my knowledge there are only five Masters in the entire state: myself, EmanP, Sandy Wylie, Darrion Holiwell, and Bobby McGee.

Don't forget TomD.

mattk

And soon to be HuskySig as soon as you shoot a classifier. Even if you totally butcher it you'll make it with time to spare.