Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Enough Spaghetti talk aready!

jobob

Pizza, last time I checked, WAS invented in the good old U.S.A. as was the Corndog. Now you need like 4 or 5 Corndogs to be happy, but only one large Pizza....coincidense?? I think not!! KURTM

Uh, pizza was invented in Genoa Italy. it was a man by the name of Lombardi that brought pizza to New York's Little Italy where Pizza took the food world by storm worldwide.

The first modern days pizza was dated 1490, originally made in Genoa and named Pissa al Andrea (Genoese pissa =piece) after the Genoese Admiral Andrea Doria; then Bartolomeo Scappi the great Italian renaissance chef published several recipes for "pizza" in his famous cookbook Opera dell'arte del cucinare (published in 1570). However, these are quite different to modern pizza and are generally sweet dishes made with flaky pastry. He does include a recipe for a Neapolitan Pizza which consists of a pastry base topped with almonds, dried fruits and flavoured with rosewater [3].

For much of the 20th century, many Chinese erroneously believed that pizza was an evolution of Chinese green onion pancake, brought back to Italy by Marco Polo. [4] [5] Chinese opinions on pizza's invention often run along lines like this:

Marco Polo missed green onion pancakes so much that when he was back in Italy, he tried to find chefs willing to make the pancake for him. One day, he managed to meet a chef from Naples at a friend's dinner party and persuaded him to try recreating the dish. After half a day without success, Marco Polo suggested the filling be put at the top rather than inside the dough. The change, by chance, created a dish praised by everyone at the party. The chefs returned to Naples and improvised by adding cheese and other ingredients and formed today's pizza. [6]

The belief has since been dissipated in places like Hong Kong where people have gained awareness of the existence of focaccia, but is still extremely prevalent in some Chinese settlements such as mainland China. [7] The belief that pizza was invented in the USA is also still quite prevalent. [8]

As a former Skeet/clays shooter, it was all about perazzi's and Browning O/U's and now Kreighoff. Belgian, Italian, and German.... How Veird! When I bought my first defense shotgun (rodney king verdict while living in L.A) I bought an 870. for 3 gun I bought a VANG COMP SYSTEMS Remmy thats going to jim for some reliability tuning before I load a single round in it. I was thiiiis close to buying an older HK Benelli, but the seller wouldn't negotiate and sold it while we were bartering. I was so pissed I bought the Remmy and I'm proud I did! (not to say If the same deal came around on again on an older HK-Benelli,I wouldn't swoop and send it to Benny. then I would cook some streudel w Italian sausage. Until then, I guess being a remmy guy, I'll be eating a fried turkey or Chicken fried steak and In-n-out Burger.

Seriously, about Ammo, I have 3 MEC shotshell reloaders in 12, 20, and 28. don't you guys reload your own shells?

if the loads are whats holding everyone back, why arent we working on better loads? GO REMINGTON!!!!! :cheers:

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pizza, last time I checked, WAS invented in the good old U.S.A. as was the Corndog. Now you need like 4 or 5 Corndogs to be happy, but only one large Pizza....coincidense?? I think not!! KURTM

Uh, pizza was invented in Genoa Italy. it was a man by the name of Lombardi that brought pizza to New York's Little Italy where Pizza took the food world by storm worldwide.

The first modern days pizza was dated 1490, originally made in Genoa and named Pissa al Andrea (Genoese pissa =piece) after the Genoese Admiral Andrea Doria; then Bartolomeo Scappi the great Italian renaissance chef published several recipes for "pizza" in his famous cookbook Opera dell'arte del cucinare (published in 1570). However, these are quite different to modern pizza and are generally sweet dishes made with flaky pastry. He does include a recipe for a Neapolitan Pizza which consists of a pastry base topped with almonds, dried fruits and flavoured with rosewater [3].

For much of the 20th century, many Chinese erroneously believed that pizza was an evolution of Chinese green onion pancake, brought back to Italy by Marco Polo. [4] [5] Chinese opinions on pizza's invention often run along lines like this:

Marco Polo missed green onion pancakes so much that when he was back in Italy, he tried to find chefs willing to make the pancake for him. One day, he managed to meet a chef from Naples at a friend's dinner party and persuaded him to try recreating the dish. After half a day without success, Marco Polo suggested the filling be put at the top rather than inside the dough. The change, by chance, created a dish praised by everyone at the party. The chefs returned to Naples and improvised by adding cheese and other ingredients and formed today's pizza. [6]

The belief has since been dissipated in places like Hong Kong where people have gained awareness of the existence of focaccia, but is still extremely prevalent in some Chinese settlements such as mainland China. [7] The belief that pizza was invented in the USA is also still quite prevalent. [8]

What crap....

Al Gore invented pizza. He then invented the internet to order it on. :closedeyes:

Al Gore invented pizza. He then invented the internet to order it on. :closedeyes:

:surprise: "Uh, right I remember now..... Was that before or after the sniper fire?"

Uhhhh, thats before the sniper fire, after the intern, and during global warming, ahhh, wait, maybe

it was before the intern !! :surprise::surprise: nevermind !! :lol:

Yeah, right. Like we don't know Lombardi was the Green Bay Packers coach from 1959 through 1967. <_<

Yeah, right. Like we don't know Lombardi was the Green Bay Packers coach from 1959 through 1967. <_<

He came to Little Italy in '52 and migrated to Green Bay in '59. We owe him much!

If yous don't already got a Benelli, I'll make you an offer you can't resist.

Refuse. An offer you can refuse. B)

Can't! Can't refuse.

Oh, never mind!

Geez, whatsa matter, you never hear of the silent t? Uh, poetic license? Yeah, that's what it was, not a misspelling, just a ...

Oh, never mind. Where's that checker thing?.... :goof:

• 3 weeks later...

Adding some pizza sauce here !!! :devil::devil:

This weekend I had a friend shoot a 3 gun match with for the first time. He's been getting ready for

it for a while acccumilating gear and practicing. I let him choose his gear with no raviolli bias by informing

him of all the pros and cons of every piece he asked about. To save $300.00 or something he went with a

Remington 1100 factory tactical shotgun. He put several hundred rounds through it shooting clays and

anything else that got in the sight picture and installed an easy loader.

Now to this weekend, if you want to test equiptment, do it at a race !!! First stage with shotgun the thing jams

half way through and as he goes to clear it the "super tactical" latch is gone because it flew off on the first shot !!

Just an observation !! :D

Adding some pizza sauce here !!! :devil::devil:

This weekend I had a friend shoot a 3 gun match with for the first time. He's been getting ready for

it for a while acccumilating gear and practicing. I let him choose his gear with no raviolli bias by informing

him of all the pros and cons of every piece he asked about. To save $300.00 or something he went with a

Remington 1100 factory tactical shotgun. He put several hundred rounds through it shooting clays and

anything else that got in the sight picture and installed an easy loader.

Now to this weekend, if you want to test equiptment, do it at a race !!! First stage with shotgun the thing jams

half way through and as he goes to clear it the "super tactical" latch is gone because it flew off on the first shot !!

Just an observation !! :D

The detent system to retain the charging handle is prone to fail if you put a heavy charging handle in it.

The tang on the Choate handle is often too sloppy to work well and will fly off.

The DWM handle is much more accurate but should be lightened to reduce stress on the detent system.

The detent system is not adequate to retain a handle with a lot of mass.

Factory handles rarely fly off....with aftermarket parts ...its quite common.

Action bars have two types of detents ....one has a captured ball and spring in the rear of the bolt block(best kind)

The other has the ball and spring in the bottom retained by a tiny dovetail and shim(not as good)

Just FYI

Jim

hmm I don't need the charging handle after loading the gun. Must be a remington thing.

Oh I just re-read your post. The gun JAMMED, that's why he needed the charging handle. I was right, it IS a remington thing. ;)

I ro'd a multigun match a couple weeks ago. Odd, but it seemed to me that ALL brands of shotguns had malfunction problems. Even over priced spaghetti launchers. And, ALL of them had charging handles too! Mysterious! Must have been an oversight by those lazy European designers to retain that out-moded charging handle.

BTW, I replaced the oversize handle on my tactical 1100 with the smaller standard size. Never had a problem myself, but I've seen it with others.

Oh, and in that multigun match, my 11-87 worked like a champ. Not one bobble! But, that couldn't have happened, because as we all know, Remingtons can't shoot more than 10 rounds without tying themselves in a knot! :sight:

Really, I don't think Remmies are the best thing since sliced bread. Benellis aren't, either. They're all shotguns. They all suck! :blink:

They're all shotguns. They all suck!

I know they all break, but I like stirrin' pots. :devil:

I think the problem with shotgun in general is the cartridge. When was the basic design of a shot shell changed. I've seen black powder shells that look just the same as modern cartridges. How about a revamp of the shotshell? Get rid of the rim, round out the nose, and shorten the whole package. Design a round that is made for semi auto non hunting shotguns. That's my $.025

I have an 1100, but one of the funniest things I've heard about 1100's was from a pigeon guide in Argentina. They refer to 1100's as 550's because they are half the shotgun they ought to be :D