Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Enough Spaghetti talk aready!

jobob

Man I just loaded up my 1100's into my Fiat and am headed to a match. Ok here we go!!!

...(damn, didn't start)

...(damn, didn't start)

...(damn, didn't start)

That's it! I'm putting this car out of it's misery! (loads 1100)

click.

click.

clunk! (what just flew out the side of my 1100?)

ya know what Fiat stands for?

Fix It Again Tony...

That's why I used it.

I think 1100 is how much extra dinero you have to put in the gun before it runs. ;)

Ok Jason...I'm confused. If an Italian sports car is such a mechanical blunder that its name has become an acronym for "yes, the darn thing is broken again"...

Why would you associate it with an Italian shotgun unless it shares the same "issues"? :P

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

To clarify my previous post a bit more.

All shotguns suck. Benellis suck the least as they are more durable and reliable than Remmys, FNs, Brownings etc. etc.. That is not to say Benellis are perfect or never malfunction or that they are even more shootable than gas operated shotguns. They just suck less.

Pizza is better than mashed potatoes.

Wait a minute, as the title states, if "Real Men" shoot Remmys then

why is every Remmy shooter complaining about the recoil of a Benelli with slugs ??? :blink::P

Real men shoot guns that work, win, no matter how hard they hit!!! :o:D

Now, you didn't HAVE to point that out, did you?

I started this thread half tongue in cheek because I noticed that something like seven or eight of the first 10 threads in this forum were about Benellis. It seemed like the good ole Remingtons were getting short changed, yet they still seem to be the most popular brand at the matches I go to. I figure if Benellis were so perfect we wouldn't need to talk about them so much, and if Remingtons were so bad there should be loads of threads about how to make them work. But if someone starts bringing up Remingtons, they seem to get shouted down by the Benelli Mafia. Well, maybe that's a little harsh, but there are usually lots of comments that run something like: "I'll tell you how to fix your Remington, sell it and get a Benelli."

Don't get me wrong, I like a little good natured "my gun's better than your gun" banter. I wouldn't have started this thread if I didn't. But it seemed that the shotgun forum was in danger of becoming the Benelli forum. I even got the feeling that some folks might be a little self-conscious about bringing up Remingtons, for fear of having handfulls of spaghetti thrown at them!

I've shot and RO'd at a number of multigun matches in the last couple years. From what I've seen there is no such thing as a 100% shotgun. Many of the problems are caused by shooters using low quality cheap ammo that doesn't work their guns well, no matter the brand of shotgun. I've suffered that myself, and I don't think that having a Hill Benelli would have saved my stupid butt. I mean, how smart is it to spend many hundreds of $ in match fees, travel, motels, and thousands in our highly tuned match guns, only to try to save 10 or 20 bucks on crappy ammo? That, imho, is the main reason for shotgun malfunctions. Maybe a thread on what ammo works, and what doesn't, would be more productive than bashing each other's guns. B)

If an Italian sports car is such a mechanical blunder that its name has become an acronym for "yes, the darn thing is broken again

Guess you made a bit of confusion here ... :D

Fiat is a popular cars brand, Ferrari is a sports car brand (and you wont find a finer one, IMHO). ;)

And ... yes ... we too use to say something to the effect of "Fix It Again, Tony" about FIAT (at least I do). :lol:

If an Italian sports car is such a mechanical blunder that its name has become an acronym for "yes, the darn thing is broken again

Guess you made a bit of confusion here ... :D

Fiat is a popular cars brand, Ferrari is a sports car brand (and you wont find a finer one, IMHO). ;)

And ... yes ... we too use to say something to the effect of "Fix It Again, Tony" about FIAT (at least I do). :lol:

I had no intention of offending the superior automobile brand of Ferrari "an Italian sports car manufacturer based in Maranello and Modena, Italy". (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferrari). I was not aware of their association with Fiat and that the "Fiat Group is the largest automobile manufacturer in Italy, with a range of cars starting from small Fiats to sports cars made by Ferrari. Car companies includes Fiat Group Automobiles S.p.A, Ferrari S.p.A., Iveco S.p.A. and Maserati S.p.A.. The Fiat Group Automobiles S.p.A consist companies: Abarth & C. S.p.A., Alfa Romeo Automobiles S.p.A, Fiat Automobiles S.p.A, Fiat Professional and Lancia Automobiles S.p.A. . Ferrari S.p.A. is owned by the Fiat Group, but is run autonomously."(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiat)

Thank you for pointing this out and persuading me to do my homework. :)

I guess only some cars built by Fiat are a mechanical blunder. <_<

Wait a minute, as the title states, if "Real Men" shoot Remmys then

why is every Remmy shooter complaining about the recoil of a Benelli with slugs ??? :blink::P

Real men shoot guns that work, win, no matter how hard they hit!!! :o:D

Now, you didn't HAVE to point that out, did you?

I started this thread half tongue in cheek because I noticed that something like seven or eight of the first 10 threads in this forum were about Benellis. It seemed like the good ole Remingtons were getting short changed, yet they still seem to be the most popular brand at the matches I go to. I figure if Benellis were so perfect we wouldn't need to talk about them so much, and if Remingtons were so bad there should be loads of threads about how to make them work. But if someone starts bringing up Remingtons, they seem to get shouted down by the Benelli Mafia. Well, maybe that's a little harsh, but there are usually lots of comments that run something like: "I'll tell you how to fix your Remington, sell it and get a Benelli."

Don't get me wrong, I like a little good natured "my gun's better than your gun" banter. I wouldn't have started this thread if I didn't. But it seemed that the shotgun forum was in danger of becoming the Benelli forum. I even got the feeling that some folks might be a little self-conscious about bringing up Remingtons, for fear of having handfulls of spaghetti thrown at them!

I've shot and RO'd at a number of multigun matches in the last couple years. From what I've seen there is no such thing as a 100% shotgun. Many of the problems are caused by shooters using low quality cheap ammo that doesn't work their guns well, no matter the brand of shotgun. I've suffered that myself, and I don't think that having a Hill Benelli would have saved my stupid butt. I mean, how smart is it to spend many hundreds of $ in match fees, travel, motels, and thousands in our highly tuned match guns, only to try to save 10 or 20 bucks on crappy ammo? That, imho, is the main reason for shotgun malfunctions. Maybe a thread on what ammo works, and what doesn't, would be more productive than bashing each other's guns. B)

Hey, A whole pizza pie and two handfuls of spaghetti coming your way, duck ! :lol:

We are just having fun!! I too agree with your ammo comment. I have had friends do just that, spend all sorts of money on a

match while trying to save $15 on shotgun ammo and what do you think happened. I have found from my expirience that the

best shotgun shells for any gun (1100, Benny,X2) are the smooth , teflon like shells from Remington (gold or green trap loads)

or Winchester (grey trap loads).

About the ammo thing, I can't even count the number of times I have seen guys cramming magazines full of Wolf 55 gr. ball into J.P. rifles at major matches, even for long range stages. :blink: kurtm

About the ammo thing, I can't even count the number of times I have seen guys cramming magazines full of Wolf 55 gr. ball into J.P. rifles at major matches, even for long range stages. :blink: kurtm

Ha! Been there, done that! I still use it once in a while for hosing stages. Anyone using any Wolf made in the last year or so needs to check it to see if it's the steel jacket stuff. They started making that as a cost reduction measure at the beginning of '07. Could get them DQ'd. But that would be a learning experience, I suppose.

Uh, oh, thread drift. Now, back to shotguns.....! :rolleyes:

Hey, A whole pizza pie and two handfuls of spaghetti coming your way, duck ! :lol:

We are just having fun!! I too agree with your ammo comment. I have had friends do just that, spend all sorts of money on a

match while trying to save $15 on shotgun ammo and what do you think happened. I have found from my expirience that the

best shotgun shells for any gun (1100, Benny,X2) are the smooth , teflon like shells from Remington (gold or green trap loads)

or Winchester (grey trap loads).

I had good luck last year withWin. AA 3 dram, 1 1/8 oz. #9 loads at Ironman. Took down all the steel and really smoked the clays. I may have to try the grey Win. or Rem. trap loads, though.

For cheap ammo I've had pretty good results with Estate (made by Federal). The cheap Win. is absolute crap as far as I can tell. I've seen it jam in pumps!

Kind of like people investing $2000 or more into a finely made rifle and then putting a $200 - 250 scope on top of it and wandering why their zero wanders all over the place.

Human nature is a funny thing.

Man I just loaded up my 1100's into my Fiat and am headed to a match. Ok here we go!!!

...(damn, didn't start)

...(damn, didn't start)

...(damn, didn't start)

That's it! I'm putting this car out of it's misery! (loads 1100)

click.

click.

clunk! (what just flew out the side of my 1100?)

ya know what Fiat stands for?

Fix It Again Tony...

That's why I used it.

I think 1100 is how much extra dinero you have to put in the gun before it runs. ;)

Ok Jason...I'm confused. If an Italian sports car is such a mechanical blunder that its name has become an acronym for "yes, the darn thing is broken again"...

Why would you associate it with an Italian shotgun unless it shares the same "issues"? :P

No, no, country of origin has nothing to do with quality. I just happened to use the Fiat because of it's reputation. (we always said 'Fix It Again Tomorrow'). I just gravitate towards the best I can find and afford. For instance, I live in Texas NOT New Mexico. :devil: But like I said, country of origin is by no means a sign of quality. Hi-Point is U.S. made (I think) and I wouldn't use one because of where it was made. While we are on the subject of Italian guns, I guess I should fess up. I shoot an Italian pistola as well. :D I used to live in South Philly (a lot of stories there), so maybe it rubbed off a little. Like I said, I like 1100's. I just like my Benelli better.

I have heard rumors about a new gun manufactured in New Mexico. After living there as a youngster, I have a hard time believing anything from there will work properly. I guess I'll have to see an example of one and maybe put a few rounds through one (please) to prove my assumption wrong. ;)

Pizza, last time I checked, WAS invented in the good old U.S.A. as was the Corndog. Now you need like 4 or 5 Corndogs to be happy, but only one large Pizza....coincidense?? I think not!! KURTM

Edited by kurtm

Pizza, last time I checked, WAS invented in the good old U.S.A. as was the Corndog. Now you need like 4 or 5 Corndogs to be happy, but only one large Pizza....coincidense?? I think not!! KURTM

Right, an Italian loving American shooting a spaghetti launcher !!! Pie, Pizza Pie !! :lol::lol:

Pizza was invented in the U.S.A., and so was a 3 gun Benelli that holds more than 4 rounds !!! :P

Edited by DIRTY CHAMBER

Wow, I'm really slumming - shooting a Mossberg SPX. I have shot 1100s, 11-87s, and an M1 Super 90. Each of them have let me down at one point or another.

I must be doing something wrong; so far the Mossberg just works. ;)

:( (that sound you just heard was the curse being laid on my SPX which will now jam at every opportunity in public from now on.)

And so everyone knows me to be a little politcally correct (very little).....I too, am of Italion decent (again, very little, but don't hold that against me...ok?)

Edited by TRUBL