Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

1911 Single Stack Elitist Club

zhunter

Upon Submission of the two required photos, I expect your membership to be approved, but the "open guns" comment did NOT go unnoticed, please don't transgress again. :angry2:

Now hang on a second, the initial post said single stack guns...not Single Stack Division guns. The two aren't the same. That's why I asked about single stack Open guns....no need to get all poofed out of shape when the initial post wasn't specific.

Regardless, I submit my pics as follows....you all can have your Springers and Kimbers and STI's etc....to be a real purist, it needs to be a COLT :closedeyes: I mean heck, I shot USPSA matches with this gun as long ago as 1991....before some folks here even owned a gun! I did swap out the hammer and grip safety but the originals are safe and sound in my parts kit.

post-10163-1201228499.jpgpost-10163-1201228533.jpg

Bart

Outstanding application! Very sexy wear on the blueing of your blaster. As I can vouch for your proficiency at the recent WSSS, albeit with a lessor 1911 in what I classify as a minor caliber, your application has been accepted and approved.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Need a few more

Nancis 45 (under construction needs parts)

my 45

kimber ..sunday go to meetin gun

and Bennys 45 (on loan to Nanci for WSSS)

th_PICT0174.jpg

th_PICT0175.jpg

Z Hunter Charter Member/New member Nomination Committe Chairman

Dear Chairman,

I submit these previously posted photos of my Single Stack 1911 45. I am aware that several parts are missing from my pistol and I do believe that my husband knows where they are. Notice the photo of his gun. I started shooting the SS 45 in USPSA competition in 1987 with a Gold Cup National Match pistol given to me by my near perfect husband. If you accept "girls" in your snobby elitist club (I do know The Little Rascals "He-Man Woman Haters Hi Sign" if that helps my chances any) please consider my application.

ps. I can think of at least one charter member that I beat in 3 stages at this year's Western States Single Stack match in the lovely Mesa, AZ.

~Nanci~

Nanci

Your credentials are outstanding, but I will have to defer to Merlin regarding the female membership.

Merlin, your call on this one, but I can vouch for her use and love of JMB's design

The snobs are design and brand snobs rather than gender discriminators... No need to even pause on this one. As Nanci truly represents the female shooter in the most positive manner possible it would be a travesty to even consider not accepting her into this collection of snobs.... To Nanci! :cheers:

Need a few more

Nancis 45 (under construction needs parts)

my 45

kimber ..sunday go to meetin gun

and Bennys 45 (on loan to Nanci for WSSS)

th_PICT0174.jpg

th_PICT0175.jpg

Z Hunter Charter Member/New member Nomination Committe Chairman

Dear Chairman,

I submit these previously posted photos of my Single Stack 1911 45. I am aware that several parts are missing from my pistol and I do believe that my husband knows where they are. Notice the photo of his gun. I started shooting the SS 45 in USPSA competition in 1987 with a Gold Cup National Match pistol given to me by my near perfect husband. If you accept "girls" in your snobby elitist club (I do know The Little Rascals "He-Man Woman Haters Hi Sign" if that helps my chances any) please consider my application.

ps. I can think of at least one charter member that I beat in 3 stages at this year's Western States Single Stack match in the lovely Mesa, AZ.

~Nanci~

Nanci

Your credentials are outstanding, but I will have to defer to Merlin regarding the female membership.

Merlin, your call on this one, but I can vouch for her use and love of JMB's design

The snobs are design and brand snobs rather than gender discriminators... No need to even pause on this one. As Nanci truly represents the female shooter in the most positive manner possible it would be a travesty to even consider not accepting her into this collection of snobs.... To Nanci! :cheers:

Nanci

You have been approved and we welcome you as the first Female member!!!

I might add, YOUR application photos were outstanding

Ahhhh.... We must be careful with the "minor caliber - less that equal" thought pattern. As my friend Larry White pointed out to me today.... the original JB design and first model gun was in 9mm - ie: the .38 Super.

and... It might just be that I am becoming geezerfied but, IMO, the old school .45 Open guns are most def retrokool.

What about Gary Steven's membership? We owe him for the creation of our division!

I feel certain that when Mr. Stevens submits his application it will be approved immediately!!! As for Charter member Status being bestowed upon Mr. Stevens, that is up to our founding father.

Edited by zhunter

Ahhhh.... We must be careful with the "minor caliber - less that equal" thought pattern. As my friend Larry White pointed out to me today.... the original JB design and first model gun was in 9mm - ie: the .38 Super.

and... It might just be that I am becoming geezerfied but, IMO, the old school .45 Open guns are most def retrokool.

Was the .38 auto, the .45 was next because the goverment required it for the military contracts, the super came later, then the 9mm, but there are a lot of supers out there.---------Larry

Edited by Larry White

What about Gary Steven's membership? We owe him for the creation of our division!

I feel certain that when Mr. Stevens submits his application it will be approved immediately!!! As for Charter member Status being bestowed upon Mr. Stevens, that is up to our founding father.

We, if given the opportunity, will present Mr. Stevens with the Honorary Key to the Gunsafe. :cheers:

Dear 1911 Elitist Snob Club New Member Nomination Committee Chairman:

I humbly submit my application to your exclusive club. Attached below you will find pictures of the finest 1911's on the planet. Since I exclusively compete in the Single Stack Division and CDP, I believe I will make a great snob.

I anxiously await your decision.

Application:

Division/Classification Match information

2nd B Class Limited 10 2007 Area 3 Championship

3rd B Class Limited 10 2007 Ohio Sectional

1st C Class Limited 10 2006 Ohio Section USPSA

1st B Class Single Stack 2006 Area 5 Championship USPSA

2nd B Class Single Stack 2006 Area 8 Championship USPSA

Limited 10 Champion 2006 Indiana Section USPSA

2nd C class Limited 10 2006 Area 3 Championship USPSA

5th C Class Limited 10 2005 Area 5 Championship USPSA

1st C Class Limited 10 2005 Michigan State USPSA

3rd C Class Limited 10 2005 Indiana State USPSA

6th C Class Limited 10 2005 Area 3 Championship USPSA

3rd C Class Limited 10 2005 Area 8 Championship USPSA

4th place CDP Expert 2005 Indiana State IDPA Championship

3rd C Class Limited 10 2005 Kentucky State USPSA Sectional

5th place CDP Expert 2004 Indiana State IDPA Championship

1st place CDP SS 2004 Indiana Regional IDPA Championship

7th place Limited 10 2004 Indiana State USPSA Sectional

6th place CDP SS 2003 Indiana State IDPA Championship

3rd place CDP SS 2003 Indiana Regional IDPA Championship

2nd place CDP SS 2003 Midwest Fall Regional IDPA Championship

15th place CDP SS 2001 IDPA Nationals

4th place CDP SS 2001 Smith & Wesson IDPA Winter Nationals

2nd place CDP SS 2001 IDPA Spring Nationals

I left the Limited 10 information in because those matches were shot with the same single stack 1911 I used in CDP and SS.

The one pictured below, when she was new

post-2563-1201234430.jpgpost-2563-1201234445.jpg

2007 Area 3

post-2563-1201235056.jpg

2003 Indiana State IDPA

post-2563-1201235389.jpg

and a couple of month ago this is how she looks now

post-2563-1201235483.jpg

Not bad after 6 1/2 years of use, oh yeah I also carry this gun and it is my nightstand gun.

Edited by fortyfiveshooter

Upon Submission of the two required photos, I expect your membership to be approved, but the "open guns" comment did NOT go unnoticed, please don't transgress again. :angry2:

Now hang on a second, the initial post said single stack guns...not Single Stack Division guns. The two aren't the same. That's why I asked about single stack Open guns....no need to get all poofed out of shape when the initial post wasn't specific.

Regardless, I submit my pics as follows....you all can have your Springers and Kimbers and STI's etc....to be a real purist, it needs to be a COLT :closedeyes: I mean heck, I shot USPSA matches with this gun as long ago as 1991....before some folks here even owned a gun! I did swap out the hammer and grip safety but the originals are safe and sound in my parts kit.

post-10163-1201228499.jpgpost-10163-1201228533.jpg

Bart

Outstanding application! Very sexy wear on the blueing of your blaster. As I can vouch for your proficiency at the recent WSSS, albeit with a lessor 1911 in what I classify as a minor caliber, your application has been accepted and approved.

What's the diff between a Non-voting Member and a Non-Voting Regular member? Too much fiber? :unsure:

Not only do I shoot single stack matches, I have co-directed a major USPSA single stack match for the past two years here in Iowa! Good enough??

In lieu of further formal application, I submit the attached photos of me shooting my very first pistol match in 1987 (they were out of bowling pins that day), and my current stash of 1911 mags.....

post-4033-1201240655.jpg

post-4033-1201240713.jpg

Dear 1911 Elitist Snob Club New Member Nomination Committee Chairman:

I humbly submit my application to your exclusive club. Attached below you will find pictures of the finest 1911's on the planet. Since I exclusively compete in the Single Stack Division and CDP, I believe I will make a great snob.

I anxiously await your decision.

Outstanding Application, love the dedication to the Single Stack

Application:

2nd B Class Limited 10 2007 Area 3 Championship

3rd B Class Limited 10 2007 Ohio Sectional

1st C Class Limited 10 2006 Ohio Section USPSA

1st B Class Single Stack 2006 Area 5 Championship USPSA

2nd B Class Single Stack 2006 Area 8 Championship USPSA

Limited 10 Champion 2006 Indiana Section USPSA

2nd C class Limited 10 2006 Area 3 Championship USPSA

5th C Class Limited 10 2005 Area 5 Championship USPSA

1st C Class Limited 10 2005 Michigan State USPSA

3rd C Class Limited 10 2005 Indiana State USPSA

6th C Class Limited 10 2005 Area 3 Championship USPSA

3rd C Class Limited 10 2005 Area 8 Championship USPSA

4th place CDP Expert 2005 Indiana State IDPA Championship

3rd C Class Limited 10 2005 Kentucky State USPSA Sectional

5th place CDP Expert 2004 Indiana State IDPA Championship

1st place CDP SS 2004 Indiana Regional IDPA Championship

7th place Limited 10 2004 Indiana State USPSA Sectional

6th place CDP SS 2003 Indiana State IDPA Championship

3rd place CDP SS 2003 Indiana Regional IDPA Championship

2nd place CDP SS 2003 Midwest Fall Regional IDPA Championship

15th place CDP SS 2001 IDPA Nationals

4th place CDP SS 2001 Smith & Wesson IDPA Winter Nationals

2nd place CDP SS 2001 IDPA Spring Nationals

I left the Limited 10 information in because those matches were shot with the same single stack 1911 I used in CDP and SS.

The one pictured below, when she was new

post-2563-1201234430.jpgpost-2563-1201234445.jpg

2007 Area 3

post-2563-1201235056.jpg

2003 Indiana State IDPA

post-2563-1201235389.jpg

and a couple of month ago this is how she looks now

post-2563-1201235483.jpg

Not bad after 6 1/2 years of use, oh yeah I also carry this gun and it is my nightstand gun.

FourtyFiveShooter

The mere mention of your screen names brings a smile to my face. Outstanding dedication to the Single Stack Disciplines as well. Being you carry a full-sized .45 that doubles as a competition gun, you have been approved:

What's the diff between a Non-voting Member and a Non-Voting Regular member? Too much fiber? :unsure:

G-ManBart

Even tho you are forced to carry not one but TWO polymer firearms, and in light of your recent participation in a High Level match using a "minor" caliber, your status is Non-Voting. That status shall remain, but should you start competing in the "major" caliber arena, at that time your Member Voting Status could be put forth to the Arbitration Committee.

As for Voting and Non-Voting Members, if you read closely, you will understand the significance of the differences, as it has been clearly defined previously.

Not only do I shoot single stack matches, I have co-directed a major USPSA single stack match for the past two years here in Iowa! Good enough??

In lieu of further formal application, I submit the attached photos of me shooting my very first pistol match in 1987 (they were out of bowling pins that day), and my current stash of 1911 mags.....

Dear Mr. Carmony

I have reviewed your membership application, and find it to be less than sufficient at this time for the following reasons:

1) Your photo dated 1987 shows a then acceptable Weaver Stance, certainly outdated in todays world, but I think a photo submitted taken during the firing of a shot SHOULD be one that clearly shows your eyes are OPEN :surprise: and not closed as your photo clearly shows in abundant evidence.

2) The photo of your magazine inventory would hold MUCH more weight if the 10 round magazines were removed from the photograph.

3) Your Application lacked the required photograph of both sides of your 1911

On a more positive note, your support of the shooting sports has been outstanding and is commendable, and with the a bit of work I do believe your application will be seen in a much more positive light.

Also, it has come to the light that you have been known to associate with some rather unsavory and less than reputable Revolvers shooters, namely a Mr. Cliff Walsh. I would think that you might want to rethink this association.

We look forward to the re-submission of your application.

Thoughtfully,

The 1911 Elitist / Snob Club New Member Committee Chairman

So by virtue of the criteria you realize you'll inherently exclude a few unique people.

Someone like . . . let me see if I can think of someone. . . .

Wait - I got it. Someone like TGO. Who, if memory serves, has won the single stack classic every year since it's inception. B)

Or Jerry Barnhart, who's won a match or two with a single stack. ;)

I can't join the club, like the two names above I unfortunately have used polymer guns, wide body frames, and have single stacks in all kinds of calibers, though .45 ACP is by far the most prevelant.

And I have't shot a SS match in some time.

This is truly unfortunate. I'd love to be in the club, be a snob, or in this case actually be both.

Next time maybe . . . :(

You gotta let TGO and some of the others in though. Right?

J

So by virtue of the criteria you realize you'll inherently exclude a few unique people.

Someone like . . . let me see if I can think of someone. . . .

Wait - I got it. Someone like TGO. Who, if memory serves, has won the single stack classic every year since it's inception. B)

Or Jerry Barnhart, who's won a match or two with a single stack. ;)

I can't join the club, like the two names above I unfortunately have used polymer guns, wide body frames, and have single stacks in all kinds of calibers, though .45 ACP is by far the most prevelant.

And I have't shot a SS match in some time.

This is truly unfortunate. I'd love to be in the club, be a snob, or in this case actually be both.

Next time maybe . . . :(

You gotta let TGO and some of the others in though. Right?

J

I would think that when Mr. Leathem's application is submitted, it will get the due consideration it deserves relative to his outstanding Single Stack accomplishments.

Dearest <_< Founders,

Having obtained a classification in the USPSA Single Stack Division, competed in the South Carolina Toys for Tots match in said division, and having called out founding member Z to a showdown at the upcoming Florida State Match, I hereby submit my application for membership into this exclusive brotherhood.

Attached please find photos of my humble pistolas.

My main skinny,

post-2776-1201265642.jpgpost-2776-1201265654.jpg

My backup,

post-2776-1201265667.jpgpost-2776-1201265676.jpg

Under construction,

post-2776-1201265685.jpgpost-2776-1201265691.jpg

Respectfully,

N

PS: Should Mr. Carmoney's membership application be accepted, he should be immediately referred to the disciplinary committee for having submited a photograph of himself with that crazy hair.

Merlin: Damn you. Now I have to make a single stack to join your snob club. Got any frames? I have also noticed the founding fathers have not posted any pics of there single stacks. I can hear them now taking off there funnel mag wells, fiber sights and ambi safeties. I guess now I will have to learn how to post pics. Thanks, Eric