Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
Tex32Cal

Reloading 32 acp

Tex32Cal   

I enjoy giving all you reloading veterans a chuckle, so here's another newby question. Does anyone reload 32 acp? If so, whose dies do you use? Dillion doesn't have dies for 32acp. Perhaps it is impractical to reload that particular caliber.

Michael

HSMITH   

Reloading 32 is painful, everything is tiny, charges are TINY, it is just a pain.

I think I used Lee dies, but I only loaded a couple hundred before I gave up on it, way too frustrating to me.

Not what you are asking, but about 45 years ago my father loaded up a bunch of 32 auto cases (Lee equipment) with just a primer and a single buckshot pellet. It didn't cycle the pistol but was good enough for tin cans and the occasional barn rat.

Ah, the good old days.

Bill

ramon   

I use RCBS dies on both my 550 and Pacific C type single stage presses. I shoot Walther and Mauser pistols frequently. I cast my bullets using a Lyman mould for my loads.

Ramon

Edited by ramon

sargenv   

I used to load these way back when. I use RCBS dies, 71 gr fmj bullets, and like 2.2 gr of 231. With current prices what they are for these guys, it is probably worth it to reload them. The other oddball that I like to sit down and load up now and then is the 32 S&W long for my tiny S&W Model 31-2 that I occasionally like to bring out and fire.

open17   

At one time between my wife and I we had IIRC 4 32 ACP pistols.

So I set up a caliber conversion on the 550 for 32. Lee dies I think. Loaded about

500 of those itty bitty rounds. Told the wife "if you want any more 32 practice ammo,

YOU do it." (she has really small hands). The darned things are so short that I was constantly whacking a finger in the bullet seating station, and just an all around general pain in the butt. Thankfully we never acquired any number of 25's!!!!

Bill

RH45   

I used to have a Walther in .32 and did load some for it.

I sold the pistol several years ago, but, I think I still have the Lee dies, and maybe some bullets, if you are interested.

hiropro   

I will start loading 32 on my 650. I have been told that i will hate it. I have a CZ skorpion that I have shot all of the factory stuff I had. the gun is too much fun not to shoot. Plus the price of ammo is stupid insane.

I know that it will suck but pulling the trigger is too much fun.

hiro

This is a very old thread, so I'm not going to go into a lot of helpful hints; but if you're reloading .32 ACP or thinking about it, PM me, and I'll tell you where I have been successful, and also comment on areas that need improvement.

I'm loading on a 650, but much of what I've achieved is applicable to other presses.

Regards to all,

Rich

Not what you are asking, but about 45 years ago my father loaded up a bunch of 32 auto cases (Lee equipment) with just a primer and a single buckshot pellet. It didn't cycle the pistol but was good enough for tin cans and the occasional barn rat.

Ah, the good old days.

Bill

That's cool!

I think Venturino has an article on, or makes mention of loading for, .32acp in the current American Handgunner or Guns. R,

TonyT   

I loaded 32 ACP years ago on an RCBS press with Lyman dies. It was a pain in the neck because of the small case size and powder charge. I remeber loading some cases with a small amount of Bullseye (can't rember how much) and a round buckshot of the appropriate size pressed into the case mouth. This load did not cycle the semi auto. It was fun plinking load and very inexpensive.