Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Witness Limited Mag. Problems

smoker

I have a new 10MM Limited. I have the original factory magazine and have purchased additional factory made mag's. The mag's seem to go into detent when empty with no problem and fall when released. Mag's half full will do the same. I run into trouble when I try to load full mag's. They go in fine but will not completely go into detent. Seems like if I pull down, ( as if trying to pull it out ), you can hear the mag release go into dentent and all is well. This pistol runs beautifully and is very accurate so I am very hesitant to do anything that would affect the functional operation. Hope someone can shed some light on this. Thank you very much, smoker

Will they seat if you load to capacity-1? If so, then problem solved, sort of. If it's super important to you to have all the rounds in there, then you might try removing some of the spring, a little at a time.

At any rate, if I were you I'd listen to a few more ideas before I tried my own advice. I seem to remember being wrong once back in '93... :lol:

ken hebert, Great advice...seems I was trying to put 15 rounds in a 14 round mag. DUH!!

I called EAA and talked to the smith, he informed me that the 15 round thing is right just that you need 14 in the mag and 1 up the tube. I didn't make the connection of why empty or 7 or 8 rounds would work fine but 15 wouldn't. Just came from the range...PERFECT!!! Thanks again, Phil