Eerw

eerw

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

missed the matches this weekend..too bad..one was a section qualifier. hate to give away those match averages..

my production gun is still apart..waiting for my barrel to come back from the gunsmith for the crown to be recut.

hopefully will get done this week..so I can get ready for a couple of matches..

time away is interesting..find myself anxious to pull the trigger. so I end up playing on the bench thinking of stuff..going through loading manuals, watching old match videos, going to the gunshop and playing with different guns.. hmmm wonder what's over in the used section..

• 2 weeks later...

OK..got my gun back together...shot about 20 rounds to verify POI...that was it for my livefire practice..

got to shoot the indoor match, two stages..not very focused, not very productive..but it was fun.

classifier was jerky...and I threw a miss not reading my sight properly...oops

OK..first outdoor match...I really like feeling this way..no expectations of performance..

first stage was alright..I shot a D on one partial, that was an ouch..but my sights were dictating my speed. good first stage.

the rest of the stages felt solid..good movement, reloads were smooth, seeing the sights well..

the match felt good, no idea of my finish..but it was a good day.

went a shot a few rounds out of the Tactical Sport..ringing the plate at 50yds with regularity...man the sights lift shooting major..I'll have to check those loads..

finally got around to looking at results..

shot two D's and a NS. Shot too many points down.. 4 out of the 6 stages shot the equivalent of a miss in points down. 2 of the stages shot, only dropped 2 points (whew). Shooting Charlies in minor scoring is not a strategy to win. so some slop to clean up.. so maybe I can get out once or twice in the next couple of weeks.

finish 7th in the combined behind 5 open shooters, and one limited shooter. but only managed 71% of grandmaster Glenn . :goof:

Edited by eerw

checked the classifier update this morning..and woo hoo..squeaked over the percentage break. 95.35

woke my wife up at 6am and told her " I'm a GM!!!" :roflol:

last night..took my son to his first steel match.. Thanks to Hoser for making this work. He had a great time. shot really well, needing some make up shots for some of the smaller steel, but he stayed focused and I am proud of him. He shot my CZ Kadet .22, but afterwards asked if he could shoot one of the other CZs to get some more practice in. actually had to tell him next time, as the sun was setting and the range was going to close..

post-627-1218727677_thumb.jpg

Man...it poured rain today...could not find a convincing arguement to get myself to the range..

my hats off to those that shot and worked the match..they have the dedication.

spent the day shuttling my kids to birthday parties..fun to see them have a good time with their friends..

got hold of a Ruger LCP..shot a couple of groups out of it..first shot out..was shooting a 9mm hole in the target at 5 yards..first shot I thought I missed..so I shot again..this time the hole got slightly larger..pulled the target in..and sure enough..there were two extra creases from the two rounds..ended slapping the trigger so I could see the group.. so far I like the little Ruger..headed to Walmart and picked up some .380

IDPA tomorrow..hopefully will make the match...really enjoy when I get to shoot those matches..as it's just shooting to me..

well..IDPA match cancelled..so no livefire tomorrow..

well monday is supposed to be nice..and kids are off..so maybe to the range for some practice..and indoor match Monday night.

maybe tweak some guns.. :goof:

Man...it poured rain today...could not find a convincing arguement to get myself to the range..

my hats off to those that shot and worked the match..they have the dedication.

Unless you needed the 100% in production, there was no reason to go to the match. Heck, the $25 in extra Nationals fees is less than the gas to get to the matches! If it weren't the qualifier match it would have been canceled.

In other words, smart choice.

Thanks for indulging me..

in today's mail..

post-627-1219098630_thumb.jpg

:D:D:D:D:D:D

Congratulations Stuart, now go for the open GM card. Watching you shoot a racegun is what inspired me to go to the dark side. Only problem is I suck!

abs

Playing with a new gun :D

found it locally for a good price.

basic stainless model.. action job, sights, grips

600pxcz75SS.jpg

ran it last night at the indoor match, found a spot where the mags stick in the magwell ( that has been addressed!!)

otherwise..very happy with the feel, how the sights recover. B)

Stu - Nice one. :)

Playing with a new gun

found it locally for a good price.

That's what I like about CZs - nobody knows about them. My current competition CZ is a -75B Tactical that I picked up NIB for $300. It runs too. ;)

missed the match today..wife had a funeral service to go to..so spent the day loading ammo for the upcoming Mile Hi match.

did some dryfire practice..mostly draws, transitions and reloads. Hoping to get out tomorrow..will probably skip the match and opt for a short practice and chrono the guns and ammo.

Kids are supposed to be cleaning their rooms..but I hear them shooting their nerf guns. :D

sidenote..did you know that you can almost get the slide on a Tactical Sport onto the CZ75b frame?? makes a cool longslide gun..one spot is sticking which I have found yet..

Sure, hide out. Make all those Production guys think they have a shot.

They do...I hope I have a shot..

:roflol:

Roger, you beat him I'll buy the next bottle.

Stuart, you just shoot the match without preconditions and no one will touch you.

practice today...

what a hoot..

forgot my mags :roflol:

got so busy, cuz my son was coming..making sure I had a .22, ammo, mags, etc..that I forgot mine..

we ended up shooting up a brick of .22 on the plate rack. ran it at 10 and 15 yards. good runs..the .22 had a dot on it..so that was pretty cool..hmmm ...open gun....

then I ran 100 rounds of .380 out of my LCP at 10 yards on the plate rack..gun was shooting a little low left with the remington ammo..and man those sights are small..didn't get a clean run..but got several 5 out of 6.

on the range...

clean gun..want it little dirty for match this weekend. ran some rounds on the chrono..all looks good.

shot maybe 200 rounds.mostly 25 yard groups, shooting on the move and transitions. overall felt pretty good. nothing for time, used the clock for start..but really wanted to impress letting the front sight dictate.

shooting on the move..I can move a little quicker if I get a little lower..feels strange being that low..but can be more aggressive as I move and shoot. shots on target are tighter.

transitions..nothing tricky here..need to get my eyes moving faster so I can brake the gun sooner..if I follow the sight with my eyes I over shoot my spot on target..causes more sight wobble. especially on wide transitions.

groups..shooting some six shot groups on upper A/B at 25 yards..good stuff..nice sharp focus on front sight..shots are there..