• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

great match this weekend..

weather was good..

great people

and some challenging courses of fire..

match was five stages..with lots of partials and no shoots.

really a good challenge for accuracy..l

I felt pretty confident through the match. and maybe that was too confident.. I shot way too many penalties..six..a miss on a popper that did not fall..I called a good hit on it..but fortune was not with me..and 5 misses, all of them were within 1" of making me a hero. two I think I would have gotten if the hardcover had been taped properly..but hey..everyone shot the same targets..so that's that.

I recall shooting only two D's which I was happy with as I am beginning to call my shots tighter on the target. my reloads were all right on..and I felt my movement was slightly more aggressive..

feels like a good building block now that the snow is beginning to fall.. :surprise:

• 2 weeks later...

wow..been awhile since I have posted.

not much to report on..have had no livefire practice sessions..but have been able to sneak in about 20 minutes of dryfire every other night..

mostly working consistent reloads, and transitions.

was able to get a match in this weekend..

five stages..no real hard shots..some steel and some distance.

I feel pretty good about the match..no misses, 1 D, 17 Cs ( too many) out of 80 rounds. so 352 points out of 400 points possible.

I came in second to GM Ara Maljian by 2.78 match points.

So I feel confident about what is happening..

just need more time.. :D

It is all so simple...... Just remember: "Focus on the rear sight and yank the trigger." That will get you those "D's" you are looking for, plus it will minimize all of the "C's".

where you been :blink: :blink:

Great match Sunday Stu! Showed the GM's a thing or two. The best part is when they start thinking that the clock must not be picking up the last 10 shots :P

Best part, though was watching you load the gun with it up in the line of sight. That DI class has had a real impact.

Great match Sunday Stu! Showed the GM's a thing or two. The best part is when they start thinking that the clock must not be picking up the last 10 shots :P

Best part, though was watching you load the gun with it up in the line of sight. That DI class has had a real impact.

Hey thanks...

best apart about the class..even without livefire practice..I feel pretty confident when I am on the line..

on a couple of the stages though ..I know I did not have a good plan..and felt like I was switching little things around..and when I shot I did not feel that confidence on those stages..so it goes to show you..at least a bad plan is a plan.. I think I was questioning some little things..because of the GM prod shooter in our squad..and I was being proud.. :blink: :blink: instead of just shooting.

Edited by eerw

• 1 month later...

January 2008..

first match of the year..supposed to be cold..but snow later in the day..

dang..walk out to the truck..and its snowing aleady..

head off anyway..and meet up with Hoser and Pitt and we venture off..

as we head into Denver..the sky clears up..and its not snowing up here.. ALRIGHT!!!

its cold..and the stages have little movement..and a lot of reloads..good drills..as I haven't seriously practiced or shot in a couple of months..

In the end..the match goes well...I shot too many points down for production..but shot smoothly and 95% of the reloads were smooth..only stuck a few into the side of the gun..

Shot one mike on a 20 yard target...need to work on that at practice..need to get more comfortable reading those sights at distance..

43 showed up at the match..14 shooters in production...great to see more and more shooting the division..

now for practice this year..

drills for mid and long range..

drills for weak hand/stong hand.

drills to emphasize points.

• 2 months later...

Well..february was a quiet month..too much going on..

with March already here..and DTC in a few weeks..not sure if there is enough to salvage. DTC looks a like a strong production field.

well..I have switched guns to a lighter CZ75SA converted to DA/SA. the gun handles well, has been reliable for the amount I have shot it..and I think I got it sprung right. I am playing with hammer springs..and trying to find the magic length and weight.

I shot a decent practice earlier..only about a 100 rounds..but most of it on timing drills and bill drills at 20 to 25 yards. the sights tracked well..and I followed them and was able to read the sights lifting well..probably just the day..

shot an indoor match earlier in the week..only two stages..but they went well..according the calculator..turned in a 97% classifier..

today..shot a six stage outdoor match. went pretty well for the most part..shot 4 Ds..and a miss about an inch into the hard cover..there went 15 points..not counting the the deltas..which was pretty much a second miss..

the nice thing was I held it together on the classifier and according to the calculator once again..its a 95%.

my points are improving..and I am reading the sights better too..best is learning to be calm and neutral while shooting. its getting better.. :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

well work has been ugly..survived some layoffs..and the workload is up..so this has been a big distraction.

finished well at DTC...great to shoot with friends..and had some great support from BryanW, Xre , Glenn and others..thanks guys..

have been reviewing my mistakes at DTC and find most of them attention and lack focus on the sight. also need to pay more attention to hydration and food for energy later in the day at big matches..

Getting close to the GM classification..so lots of artificial pressure I'm putting on myself.. need to stop that..and just shoot.

shot an indoor match..and did OK..got some ribbing for shooting a D. classifier wasn't up to par, but I kind of expected that as this was the day of the layoffs at work. :(

home today with a sick child, so I'll do some dryfiring during naptime..and try to work on my focus.

red grips got me nothing today.. :lol:

weather was great..stages were challenging..but I went to town shooting Ds..got me a handful today..dropping a lot of points..and shooting a bit sloppy.

I was very happy with my movement on the field courses..as I felt smooth, stuck to my plans.

just gave away too many points.

classifier was a disappointment too. pulled a shot into the black for my miss of the match..dropped me quite a few places in the stage overall, and I gave up 13 match points.

anyway..need to refine my vision and focus, be more aggressive with my plans..and go after the points. my goals for the year. :D