Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Range Diary: The Idea

benos

The Idea:

Start your own thread to share details and experiences from your practice sessions. Others are then welcome to comment and provide encouraging feedback in your thread.

For example, Pat Harrison might start his Range Diary thread with this post:

Intent: Work on "change-up" transitions on targets between 10 and 35 meters.

Outcome: Realized it was too cold to shoot and went home and had a beer.

Others please feel free to comment on how I may continue to improve this important learning curve I seem to have stumbled upon.

:)

Thanks to Pat Harrison for suggesting this Forum.

benos

Brian,

What about the shooters that might like to document their efforts, but really don't want to get all the "feedback" from us in the peanut gallery?

No problemo - If you don't want feedback, then just add a sentence indicating that as the last line in your initial post.

be

• 4 weeks later...
Much thanks Pat and Brian for such a great idea! We can read Flex's diary for the how to's....and mine for the how not to's!

You know PB once we make Master and go back and look at all the crap we actually did to get there I'm sure it will be friggin unbelievable. It will also be a running detail to all new shooters exactly what it takes to get there. Something I have not seen anywhere else.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

This would be really good for this third time shooter (well, almost third). Thanks Brian.

Oh, I'm sorta with Pat on this. Getting cold, shooting, getting near a little trouble, And having a beer. Life can be simple.

• 9 years later...

Would anyone be willing to share some pages of actual entries, sorry I just realized this was just explaining what the sub forum was for and I looked at plenty of examples.

Edited by joerenew

• 3 years later...

I’ve been doing something similar for years. I use the notes app in my phone. I have a separate “note” for each gun. I record the date, conditions, ammo brand, bullet weight, rounds fired. Then, I take a picture of my targets and attach to the note itself. Very helpful for comparing group sizes, my skill improvement, and recording what types and brands of ammo work well in different guns. It’s also nice to print out and include when selling a gun. I think of it like a carfax for guns! Haha