Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dmw Ez Loader

cmzneb

Yes, 1/16th music wire. It came from either MSC or McMaster Carr. Make sure you get the straight wire. The only drawback you will get a lot!

LOL... With this 1100 I am finding that I will need a lot so it's no drawback - but it's got to be cheaper than a Benelli

I bought Patrick Sweeney' s book "Gunsmithing: Shotguns"

He has some useful info in there for installing a 3" lifter then the Daves Metal Works Easy Loader gate.

I have two Remmie 1100's to do. I'll try it out on the 200 dollar one first.

LOL

Edited by Chills1994

Man, now i know why gunsmiths charge so much to install this part. Its a royal pain in the butt to fit, check, fit, check. It must have taken me about 90 min just to get the easyloader to fit into the gun. I got it after 2.5hrs of fliing. Well i hope i got it, anyway. I guess ill find out this weekend at the local 3gun match.

Well, I made it the entire match w/ no issues related to the gun. I had a couple of operator malfunctions during the shotgun stage. Overall the gun is easier to run w/ the easyloader installed.

I just installed an EZ-loader in my new 1100 tactical last night, and it was the first time I have ever taken apart any Remington firearm. I spent about 3 hours filing, assembling, disassembling, filing.....

I was able to reuse the factory pin, it reflared easily much like a CZ-75 trigger pin. so I have two spare roll pins for the range bag just in case.

I won't know if the gun runs until this weekend and I mess around with it after the match. It's still new and only has ~150 shells through it, it is almost running 100% on the cheap 7.5 Federals from Wallyworld, if I keep it oiled up.

It is so much easier to cram shells in it now, this is a necessary part, period.

So, how about showing us some pictures of your new baby? Here's mine....

426366535_65545b234d.jpg

I just installed an EZ-loader in my new 1100 tactical last night, and it was the first time I have ever taken apart any Remington firearm. I spent about 3 hours filing, assembling, disassembling, filing.....

I was able to reuse the factory pin, it reflared easily much like a CZ-75 trigger pin. so I have two spare roll pins for the range bag just in case.

I won't know if the gun runs until this weekend and I mess around with it after the match. It's still new and only has ~150 shells through it, it is almost running 100% on the cheap 7.5 Federals from Wallyworld, if I keep it oiled up.

It is so much easier to cram shells in it now, this is a necessary part, period.

• 2 weeks later...

I installed the EZ loader myself on my 11-87 just last month. It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. I just took my time with a small hand file and took off just enough material and then some for clearance to fit the loader.

It also helped that I had a spare 11-87 trigger pack I got off eBay, just in case I screwed the pooch.

I emailed Dave (DMW) to see what he would charge to install his EZ Loader onto my 11-87. He said $25 to install, and he is only 30 minutes drive from me. Very reasonable price.

I almost did it. But, after looking at it some more, I thought it was well within my amateur gun smithing capabilities.

It function perfectly at the last 3-gun match and my test range session (150 rounds).

• 2 weeks later...

OK, I am looking for a reference in San Diego County to fit this 'easyloader' and reassemble the fire control group.

I can't even drive out the carrier release pin!

I thought that I could do this, but now I am looking for help.

OK, I am looking for a reference in San Diego County to fit this 'easyloader' and reassemble the fire control group.

I can't even drive out the carrier release pin!

I thought that I could do this, but now I am looking for help.

The original pin? You need to grind off one end. That was the easy part. Hard part for me was fitting, grinding/filing off a little at a time and test fitting and figuring out how that leaf spring went back in there. But it works. I had to narrow it for a 20 gauge and I also took about 1/8"= 1/4" off on the overall length.

Edited by ANDYZ

I thought that it might be peened at the flat end. It looked like it was meant to be driven out from the divot end.

I finally got the installation finished.

I emailed Dave (DMW) to see what he would charge to install his EZ Loader onto my 11-87. He said $25 to install, and he is only 30 minutes drive from me. Very reasonable price.

This is a much better way to go. The satisfaction of the do it yourself approach was not high enough for this task. Even that I now know how to do one I don't think I would want to do another.

• 5 years later...

Mine is locking back with a round on the lifter. I can press the e-z loader and it will go forward, but if I rack the bolt, the next shell locks back.

Any suggestions or solutions?

Thanks!