Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Laughing So Hard I Spewed Mountain Dew Out My Nose!

Smokey

There I was, sitting in my lounger watching CSI Miami with my wife tonight. While taking a sip of my favorite beverage the bad guy (complete with stocking on head :ph34r: ) decides to shoot a guy he's trying to rob.

They go into a close up shot of the guy pointing the gun just off camera, then he fires the shot.....and in slow motion they show the slide move back and what pops out??? A brand new UNFIRED ROUND complete with the bullet still in the case!!!!!!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

I had to watch it 3 times in slow-mo (Thanks DVR :wub: ) and couldn't stop laughing! Now any of you NSA guys reading this please pm me with the secret kung-fu technique necessary to kill someone and have the loaded round eject afterwards. Hell, if you can figure this one out you'll make billions off the competitive shooters alone....imagine loading 4 mags of 20 and after your done shooting the stage just picking up the still loaded rounds and putting them back in your mags for the next stage!!!! ;)

There was one of the Cop-Show/Crime/Justice/Medical-Dramas on the other night where the forensics guy pulls a bullet out of a mattress and makes absolutely no sense-- "41 millimeter bullet, just like the other 7-6-2 pistol round.." yeesh.. even a non-shooter caught that screwup..

Whats scary is the people that take these shows seriously. Ive been on calls where people think we do DNA testing on mailbox bashing or have a super computer where we just pop in any fingerprint and wa-la...suspect identified.

there is soo much fantasy in TV it is unreal.

Wesely snipes stripping a gun from the suspect and saying " the safety was on" .... and hands him a SIG. (which is a decock only gun no safety)

41MM thats one BIG bullet! Anyone ever notice how bullets NEVER deform in those shows? Never fragment either.. amazing.

even if DNA could be taken from all of these crime scenes... how do you find out WHO it belongs to? In the 70's our house was broken into.. guy left all 5 finger prings on the pane of glass he took out... never got caught.

Lastly remember don't hate the actor.... hate the slackass that's writing it!

Edited by Steve Moneypenny

In Standoff this week, the bad guy runs out of the bank he's just robbed, gets surprised by a cop, spins, and busts off three rounds from his revo with JM-like speed and puissance. I replayed it on the DVR, and it looked like the hammer only went back twice. I think they just dubbed the sound of another shot in!

Did anyone see the SVI infinity on 'Heroes' last night?

It was an Open gun with iron sights.

yeah... I saw it, too. but I'm not sure what to say about it being featured in that way, though... :mellow:

Did anyone see the SVI infinity on 'Heroes' last night?

It was an Open gun with iron sights.

yeah... I saw it, too. but I'm not sure what to say about it being featured in that way, though... :mellow:

I happened across that as well, in a shoulder holster no less.

Hey... you forgot about where the gal wades into the pool and fires the .380 underwater from the hip and hits the other gal almost dead center in the chest, pulling a small piece of her dress into the slide as it closes.

Don't get me wrong I like watching the CSI shows but they do tend to slip quite a bit for the drama effect.

I keep hoping that the "simulated-reality" TV shows like CSI would at least try and get the basic, stupid facts right or at least close, since they're spending gazillions on ultra-real fake bodies to carve up in every episode. Of course then they'd never catch anybody, but really.. it's like somebody looking into a microscope and saying "look, there's Jupiter" to anybody that knows even the slightest bit about the subject.

In Standoff this week, the bad guy runs out of the bank he's just robbed, gets surprised by a cop, spins, and busts off three rounds from his revo with JM-like speed and puissance. I replayed it on the DVR, and it looked like the hammer only went back twice. I think they just dubbed the sound of another shot in!

I see that in all sorts of TV shows and movies lately. Watch closely and sometimes you'll see that the gun didn't even cycle! That's right -- they didn't even fire a blank! The FX guys overlay a muzzleblast on the audio track and a muzzleflash on the video, and unless you're watching closely it can get by you pretty easily.

smokey

Take it easy on us old NSA folks..we just do mostly research, it is the FBI who have the answers....and if you persist in questioning how we did that, we'll send a missle thru your window...LOL

:P:D;)

:ph34r::ph34r: [running to my "unabomber" hideout shack] I never said anything....REALLY!!!!!!!!! :ph34r::ph34r:

:P:lol:;)

Cracks me up here locally in Central Florida...every time a gun crime happens the local news station uses an SVI Tiki as there picture piece. We have some rich criminals around here if they can afford a $10,000 gun to steal $47 from a quickie-mart.

I was watching the movie Sentinel. In one scene, the secret service agent gets assassinated. As SS agents are looking at the crime scene with local PD, they commented that he was killed by an assassin and not someone trying to steal his money because he didn't have time to flip the safety off. Secret Service Agents are trained to flip the safety off on the draw because when they draw a gun, it is only to fire it unlike cops. Then they pan over to the Sig in the guy's hand. Since when did they start put thumb safeties on Sigs. lol

Yeh, we all just know too damn' much. :D:D

But what gets me: For all the money spent on special effects and props and what all in TV drama, why can't they hire a simple shooting/firearms consultant to make sure they don't continually make fools out of themselves...?? Sheesh. <_<