Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Open Gun Pictures

shooterbenedetto

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks a lot guys. It was built by Errol Lawson (Keal Custom). Its a shorty 9mm with a Schuemann hybricomp .355 barrel. It comes from Wil with 2 hybrid holes and a blank space for a 3rd. Errol put 2 small angled holes that actually meet to form one hole in the barrel. The comp is Titanium and has some nifty holes on the side that are angled as well. The rest of the gun is pretty standard, the usual stuff. Most of the small parts are Ed Brown, the firing pin is a Limcat XL, Swenson thumb safety, and the trigger parts are all SV. The trigger is very nice, a crisp 2 lbs or a little less (according to Errol) and I don't anticipate any problems with it such as hammer follow or burst mode...

I didn't have much time at the range before work but I did sight it in and chrono some ammo. My first try at 9mm major ammo was OK but I need to bump up the charge. I loaded a 125jhp zero over an 8.2 gr charge of HS6 at 1.160" col with a WSP primer. It came in low at about a 155pf but it shot great! I don't think that bumping the load up to a 165pf will change the way it shoots too much. I really like the way this thing handles though. Thanks for the encouragement again guys, I'm gonna need all the help I can muster to get me through this learning process. Wow, I can't believe I'm going to the dark side...and I'm liking it. :D

Thanks a lot guys. It was built by Errol Lawson (Keal Custom). Its a shorty 9mm with a Schuemann hybricomp .355 barrel. It comes from Wil with 2 hybrid holes and a blank space for a 3rd. Errol put 2 small angled holes that actually meet to form one hole in the barrel. The comp is Titanium and has some nifty holes on the side that are angled as well. The rest of the gun is pretty standard, the usual stuff. Most of the small parts are Ed Brown, the firing pin is a Limcat XL, Swenson thumb safety, and the trigger parts are all SV. The trigger is very nice, a crisp 2 lbs or a little less (according to Errol) and I don't anticipate any problems with it such as hammer follow or burst mode...

I didn't have much time at the range before work but I did sight it in and chrono some ammo. My first try at 9mm major ammo was OK but I need to bump up the charge. I loaded a 125jhp zero over an 8.2 gr charge of HS6 at 1.160" col with a WSP primer. It came in low at about a 155pf but it shot great! I don't think that bumping the load up to a 165pf will change the way it shoots too much. I really like the way this thing handles though. Thanks for the encouragement again guys, I'm gonna need all the help I can muster to get me through this learning process. Wow, I can't believe I'm going to the dark side...and I'm liking it. :D

That's an awesome gun Todd!! Are you bringing it to the SummerBlast this year?

Thanks Matt! If I can make it to the Summer Blast, then yes. I really hope that I don't have to miss that match because I've shot every one since it started. I hope to see you and the rest of the Western PA crew sometime this season... :D

• 4 weeks later...

Here is mine. First match it went to I shot 94% of available points and within 7% of the match winner (if you have seen me shoot you would know that is good :ph34r: ). 38 ounces of fun!!!

post-7366-1173155443.jpg

post-924-1173889005.jpgOld school Caspian. Picked it up about ten years ago after the previous owner went to meet his maker while wearing it at a match. I didn't know him as it happened before I got into IPSC and only heard the stories later.

Here is my new blaster built by Matt Mclearn :D

post-7313-1173837183.jpg

post-7313-1173837167.jpg

Nice looking pistol you have there. That trigger sure it LLLLLOOOONNNGGGGG though. You must have mega long fingers?

Love the cuts in the comp.

post-7313-1173837183.jpg

post-7313-1173837167.jpg

That's pretty bad a** man!!

YOU BET'CHA! ;)

post-7313-1173837183.jpg

post-7313-1173837167.jpg

Nice looking pistol you have there. That trigger sure it LLLLLOOOONNNGGGGG though. You must have mega long fingers?

Love the cuts in the comp.

Believe it or not the trigger fits me perfectly. The trigger is my favorite thing about the gun.

Nice blaster, Jane. How long until you hand it off to Jackson? :D

Oh yeah, SV long triggers are the heat.

He's already trying to extract it from my hand. What's that thing Charleton Heston said...something about prying a gun out of his cold dead hand... :lol: Anyway here is the BEST part, THE TRIGGER IS WAY TO LONG FOR MY SON! Ha Ha Ha (insert evil laugh) Next year will be his turn. ;)

This is my open gun. As you can see it was built by JT's gunsmithing.

It's an SV infinity chambered in 9mm. I am a mold maker so I did all of the machining including the titanium comp. I also did most of the blending and polishing. JT did all of the final fitting and tuning.

SVopengun3.jpg

This is my open gun. As you can see it was built by JT's gunsmithing.

It's an SV infinity chambered in 9mm. I am a mold maker so I did all of the machining including the titanium comp. I also did most of the blending and polishing. JT did all of the final fitting and tuning.

SVopengun3.jpg

Could we see more pics of that comp from different angles?

How is this? The comp is wider than the gun. It started out as a piece 1 1/2 inch round stock.

The wider ports really seem to work, very well! One of JT's brainstorm"s

102_0540.jpg

102_0539.jpg

102_0544.jpg

Chris Tilley was doing that for a little while. I made his dad some titanium blanks back in '02 or something. Never heard what they thought of the wide comp. Sounded like a good idea to me. Nice job.