Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Breakthrough

BrianH

So I go out and decide I mainly want to work on draw and 2 shots at 7 yards, cuz speed is my weak spot...

anyhoo....I'm shooting that bad ammo, you know, the crap with the bad Winchester primers, and when I draw and the first one misfires, right at that split second I realize I'm gripping the gun like I'm strangling a cat!  I think I was even gritting my teeth!  This is not good...

So I bitch myself out...."you're not relaxing, Brian...."  blah blah....and I just swing my arms a little, look at the trees for a second, look at the target, reach down and hit go.  The strange thing is, as I wait for the buzzer, I'm deciding how relaxed I'm going to be when it goes beep.  And DAMMIT IT WORKED!!!!  Cut my draw time, cut my split time, 2 a's, and I was aware of it.  That first run was 1.05, .16, 1.21 total.  I did it again at 1.03, .16, and 1.19 total.  My fastest was .99, .15, and 1.14, but I threw a D.  When I was strangling the cat I couldn't even come close to this.....(I practice alone, so I don't know if this is any good...)

Anyway, I don't know if I put this in the appropriate forum, but I thought it was worth sharing.  

(I REALLY wanted to get something I read in the Bible to work....):)

Duane, my guess is that BrianH is referring to "Practical Shooting/ Beyond Fundamentals" as the "Bible" of practical shooters.

Otherwise, the next closest thing would be a post modern translation of the 6th commandment into  "THOU SHALT NOT STRANGLE (murder)THY NEIGHBOR'S CAT" ?  I'm hoping that somebody hasn't translated it in that way, but with the current state of late night televangelism, one can never be totally certain.