Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

50 yard bill drill

sincityshooter

Good time! I usually set my par time for 5 - 6 seconds (I have a greater problem slowing down and getting A's, so I like to pace myself) but my best times are in the 4 sec range. 3.99 is about my limit on this drill.

The break down for this is a 1.5 draw and .50 splits.

50 Yards is a true test... there's a fine line between too fast and too slow.  I have no problem calling my shots, it just sucks calling a miss when you train for virginia count.  1.5 draw is pretty impressive.  I'm going to do some experimenting this weekend going prone.  

Ok today in practice, cold, 4 points down, 4 A 1C 1D, 4.20 sec HF 6.190. I think cold is the only way to judge this and to compare scores and techniques. I was around same time or less with practice but less point s dropped.  I am going to try prone next time but would be happy at Nationals with high 4's, 2 down. Remember its two additional target to target splits.

4's at the Nationals, that would be a great time.  I'm thinking about taking my time.  If I can get my first shot off in under 2.5 going prone, then that's what I'll do.  Of course they might just have a shooting box there.  I'll be grinning if I leave that stage down less than 10 no matter what my times are.  50 yard string will probably be in the low 5's.  

I agree that what we want and what we do are often different I 'll shoot whatever I shoot. I think it gets more difficult with 3 targets as the natural tendenacy is to shoot too soon. Whole stage down 10 will be in the top 50 maybe higher, assuming times are fast enough. Its Virginia not fixed.

I'm figuring that if I get the hits I'm looking for, I should have no problem getting in the top 30.  Of course things can change when the buzzer goes off.  After talking to some other shooters, I think I'll reconsider going prone at the Nationals.  A solid draw will get my dot on target about a second faster than going prone.  My first shot is usually my weakness.  If I wait the extra .2-.3 for the dot to settle, I'll probably save almost a second on the string.