Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Finger speed

Steve Moneypenny

The fastest splits I've seen happen when you don't think about it.  Just the other day in practice I was seeing what my comfortable splits were on a 10y target.  I hit .19 8 times in a row, but guess what?  I was 100% sure of every shot: 16 A's.  When I brought it down to the .17's it felt like I was trying too hard and my second shot was erratic (probably pouncing on the trigger).  Later in the practice session I was shooting through some ports at some close targets.  I was watching the dot and getting great hits... the timer didn't lie .14's .15's.  I was shooting the speed the gun allowed me to get good hits.  It would be nice to get those .11's and .12's on those close and personal hoser stages, but for the little opportunities I have I'll give up .02 or .03.  I'll get you at the end.    

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I might not be the best person to give advice, but here is part of what I have done to lower my "cold" splits.

I drive truck for a living.  While driving down the interstate I tap my trigger finger as fast as I can, I might do it about 5min's then I need a rest and I repeat in about 5 min's.

OK that's not the only thing to lower my splits but I feel that it's helping. And hey what else do I have to do while driving that big truck down the road anyways? Oh yhea practice reloads with my space gun LOL... I must look nuts as other truckers pass by me and I'm shoving a empty mag into my hand. side note don't try this on a busy hwy, I only do it about 4:00 a.m. no one around for miles...

now if there was only a way to dry fire a whole stage at work I would be all set...

sno