Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Draw, shoot, reload, shoot...

Ron Ankeny

• 1 month later...

I' m a guy who bought YOUR book this summer, Duane. :-) I was pleased to see SOMEONE AT LAST mention that a lot of women cant use a DA revolver worth a hoot, too.  When you look at Brian's 3 seconds for a draw, and 2 reloads, and 6 hits, a draw, reload and 2 hits pales by comparison. Even if you figure that his splits are .10 second, that means that he drew, hit, reloaded, hit, and reloaded again, and hit, all in 2.70 second. If his draw and hit was .70 second, then his 2 reloads were sub one second, and he put two of them together.

back in the mists of time, before the earth cooled, using my iron sighted 45acp comp gun, i did an exercise of draw, shoot 2, reload, shoot 2 on two targets at 5 yards. i used 2 targets so that i could tell where i was messing up IF i was messing up. did i pull shots on the draw or after the reload. also, using 2 shots per target you had to have a proper grip to get 2 good hits.  my best was 2.5 seconds down 0 points. with the speed of todays top shooters i am sure that sub 2 second runs are routine.

SharonAnne L2387

Guys, Duane,

I have a suspicion this is Gunkid. That is Hardin/Gunkid/Big&Bad/tobe/yessir/whatever.. the troll. The one who calls himself John Davis (which I doubt.) Supposed ex-con, dope seller, WTSHTF dreamer, etc... who has infested the boards of shooters for years.

Deaf

Hes just trolling. Its pretty obvious that this is a competition forum, but Million Mom is just not bright enough to see that we don't care about his "if it were real' ramblings. I think at this point we just might as well ignore him and I sugest moderators delete his posts that bear no relevance to the topics at hand..Brian? waddaya think?

I sent him a message asking him not to post if he is not either a), asking a legitimate question, or B), answering with a helpful answer. He's the first person I've ever asked to not post, and the main reason I did was because of the anonymity factor. At least even our two most annoying posters ever readily revealed who they really are/were.

And remember, we all can choose to respond, or not. Without doubt, reacting/responding to annoying-anonymous posters is what keeps them hanging around.

be

Mom:

I hate to even respond to you but I think you deserve an explanation. The forum went though some controversial issues on a couple of other occasions. Unlike you, those other individuals provided their true identity, links to their Websites, and made their purpose clear. They also came to realize that the conflicts, controversy, and negative energy were serving no useful purpose. We all more or less agreed to disagree and the forum returned to normal. On the other hand, you seem to thrive on the attention (that's why I hate to even reply) and I really do believe you are destined to become the first user banned from this forum.

By the way, I apologize for using the "F" word in my private message to you. I know that Brian wouldn't approve of me using the messenger feature of the board to chastize and condemn another member.

Ron,

Deaf Smith was Sam Houston's chief scout during the Texas Revolution. He served from day one to the end of the war. He fought in just about every engagement (except the Alamo, of course) they had with the Mexicans. His party is the one that found Mrs. Dickinson after the fall of the Alamo. He is also the one who captured Santa Anna. That's one heck of a bio!

No, I am not a gunsmith. Nor hard of hearing. Unfortunately, at a few other boards I have run into Gunkid, who does his best to ruin boards. My apologies if I sound a bit irritated with him.

Deaf

Deaf Smith:

Thanks for the history lesson, I appreciate it. We had a thread going at one time where people posted the reasons for their name. I think it started with a bit of confusion over "bonedaddy". You must admit one could easily misinterpret that one, lol.

You need not apologize to me over being irritated with Million Mother, er I mean MOM. We are all irritated with him/her/it. It is frustrating waiting for guys like him to go away. If I had the power, I would have banned the dude two days ago. Just proves what a tolerant and decent human being Brian Enos really is.

Quote: from Ron Ankeny on 11:41 am on Dec. 18, 2002

Deaf Smith:

Lemme guess, you are an old pistolsmith who can't hear so well anymore.

Pat:

As the originator of this thread, could I ask for it to be locked?  I think it has run it's course and it is no longer serving its intended purpose.

No problemo.