Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CM 99-42 Fast n Furious

Open, 7.15s, 56pts, comes in at 71%. Ran it right side first (I'm right handed), popper, paper, popper, paper, starting with the outside popper. Same on the left side, after a not so smooth reload. Felt the tension in my shoulders right before the beep. I think that I could go into the low 6's on this one. Nothing about it was smooth and I wasn't real grooved in for some reason. Thoughts after,..... practice reloads while transitioning behind a two foot wide barricade.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Shot this last night as my first ever classifier. If I recorded things correctly, all As --> Prod 60pts 11.25s 5.3HF. I could have sped it up a bit, but being my first 'counter', I didn't want to blow through it and have hits/misses all over the place. I started on the left (right handed), and went stl, stl, pap, pap on both sides, outside in. I would like to try it stl, pap, stl, pap sometime, to see if things tracked better. I did notice most in our squad went stl, stl, pap, pap, and I noticed a few of those that tried to go stl, pap, stl, pap were pulling shots low for weak hits or outright misses on second stl...I would guess from moving quickly from top paper to lower steel.

For my first classifier, I found it interesting and addictive. This is fun stuff...not cheap...but fun.

• 4 months later...

Sigh, I wish I hadn't found this part of the forum... :(

I am on leave back in the states and shot my old (stock) XD9 that I haven't touched in at least 3 years. My squad was also set to shoot the classifier as our first stage. Double UGH.

Reading everyone's opinions on this stage, not only do I have ALOT to learn about economy, but I'm also REALLY slow. :(

I shot it from the left side first (I'm right-handed), and went PP, PP, T1, T2... Flubbed the reload (the XD mags tend to snag much easier than my Sig mags) and only hit 2 As and also had a D.

13.06, 46 pts, HF=3.5249...38%. :(

This was my first ever classifier (3rd match), but damn am I disappointed. Oh well, there's always next time (I REALLY hate waiting an entire month to shoot another classifier).

- Alex

Edited by AEuropa

• 1 year later...

This was the classifier at our club match last weekend. I hadn't shot it since 2007.

5.36 with 58 points 10.8209 HF. It felt slow when I did it so in my head I though a GM time would have to be sub 5 seconds. It broke down to 1.21 first shot, and as I stepped through the splits I saw them from .18-.28, 1.81 for the reload and transition to the other array (the reload was clunky). The calculator says 98+% for Open so I'm happy with it.

When the match was over a couple of us shot it again for fun. I did a 4.88 but dropped lots of points. 1.11 first, 1.61 reload/transition so I made up time there but rushing the paper did work so good.

Its a fun stage when it goes well.

Edited by TMC

I shot this for thew first time this weekend. Fun stage. Should get bumped to "A" class with this classifier!!

5.68 sec

54/60 points

Per CM calc - 86.43%

Edited by OzzieF

My theory was to draw on right side since I could see everything before I drew and I'm right handed. I went inside paper then worked out paper-popper-paper-popper so I was shifting left as I finished the last popper on the right, hit reload shifting the rest of the way to the left and then go for outside in, popper-paper-popper-paper as I settled in. Worked for the stage win with a score of 54, time of 8.32s, and 6.49hf it gave me a Classifier Percentage of 71.32.

I knew hitting 3 charlies would cost me in my quest for 'A' classification this year. I'll just have to do a bit more travelling to get to some more classifiers. :cheers:

Edited by PistoleroJesse

• 2 years later...

OK here is a noob question. Is there a penalty for shooting the right first as it states in the procedure to shoot the left targets first? I may have missed it in the conversation, but I didn't see it.

Edited by MrSeeds

• 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...