Cm 06-03 Can You Count?

DJPoLo

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

looking at our fredericksburg match results, and comparing to what was added with the june update, the open, production and L10 HHFs are all the same. limited is even higher (revolver is lower, thankfully).

some HFs from the match, with the resulting percentage from USPSA:

open: 13.3784 = 80.4043%

L10: 8.9580 = 53.8376%

limited: 12.3596 = 69.7846%

production: 14.7275 = 88.5124%

revolver: 5.5752 = 46.3056%

production, open and L10 HHFs are all based on the winning HF at the 2005 area 6 match in open. give me a break...

The far targets are at ten feet. How much help is an Open gun at that range? I've seen plenty of guys that can crank .16 splits into the A with a Limited or PD gun on those targets.

This stage is all about two fast draws and reloads while not trigger-freezing in the mean time.

With a .8 draw and reload, you can shoot .20 splits and still make 100%

Suffer with a 1.0 draw and reload and you'll need to get your splits in the .15-.16 range for 100%, I don't think that's unreasonable for a top GM, though any handy are free to enlighten me.

so shred, do you have a magwell on your gun? are you using a production legal holster, behind your hip? are your mags behind your hip? do you shoot a double action 1st shot? if these things make so little difference, why bother with different equipment rules for the different divisions. heck, maybe they should let me use my vanek trigger again since i have to keep up with the open guns now.

we have a bunch scores in every division...why not use them?

from stage 1 at the 2005 area 6 match we had:

limited: 13 GM, 17 M

L10: 3 M

production: 5 GM, 10 M

open: 8GM, 18 M

out of all of those talented shooters, one managed a GM run (at least 95%) based on the current open HHF. if you use the current limited HHF (100 points in 5.65 seconds), none of those shooters managed a GM run.

This stage is all about two fast draws and reloads while not trigger-freezing in the mean time.

With a .8 draw and reload, you can shoot .20 splits and still make 100%

Suffer with a 1.0 draw and reload and you'll need to get your splits in the .15-.16 range for 100%, I don't think that's unreasonable for a top GM, though any handy are free to enlighten me.

If you math is right, then those are perfectly acceptable expectations for Production. In fact, I'd say those are exactly where you'd want to set the 100%.

I had a 9.872 HF (100 pts, 10.13 sec) in Production two weeks ago at our local match. The score just got posted on the USPSA website and that came out to 59.329%.

It was enough to bump me up from D Class to C Class! :D

Jim

Update: USPSA calculated it at 69.564% on 6-13-06

Shot this one today as well;

8.64 sec. 100 pts. 11.5741 HF.

Any idea what this runs out nationally? I tried the Ohio calculator but this classifier isn't in their system.

apparently uspsa revised the limited HHF. initially it was set for 17.7111. i see they have now changed it so that it's the same as the open HHF. they must have run a new update after they changed it, because the individual classification scores that i looked up for our fredericksburg results have now been changed.

• 2 weeks later...

I shot my second match yesterday. "Can you Count" was the classifier we shot.

Using a G34 in production (prod. legal holster and mag holders in legal arrangement on the belt) I shot a 98 in 9.90 yielding a HF of 9.8990.

I just need more practice with everything. New gun, new mag pouches, new shooter.

It felt fast until I saw the Limited times for the day (7.06).

apparently uspsa revised the limited HHF. initially it was set for 17.7111. i see they have now changed it so that it's the same as the open HHF. they must have run a new update after they changed it, because the individual classification scores that i looked up for our fredericksburg results have now been changed.

Some of the 06's I have data on, all divisions have the same HHF except for revo and have changed since I started keeping track of them. I'm sure they will continue to change for awhile.

I shot this last month

Roberts Troms a56291

June 2006

South Kent Sportsman Club

6/17/2006

Production, 15 competitors

Stage Place Time Hit Factor Points Percent

Stage 1 Stage 1 5 43.87 2.735 87.0407 72.53%

Stage 2 Stage 2 3 24.36 6.075 123.6932 77.31%

Stage 3 Stage 3 3 23.77 4.375 89.0752 74.23%

Stage 4 Stage 4 10 19.32 2.899 53.9952 45.00%

Stage 5 Can You Count 8 15.68 6.250 73.0473 73.05%

Can anybody tell me what percent this would be nationally?

I am guessing it is to low to get me classfied.

Yeah, thats sounds right MoBigAl.

I shot this one today in Production with 100 points in 7.75 seconds (3.80 & 3.95). Looks like it will come out around 77.50%.

B)

Hey Chris--Bob Vogel (Production GM) did 96 7.37 13.0258 at the same match and you took NR2 in that stage. I think your class is going up.....nice shooting btw.

Thanks FULLRACE. Welcome to the Forums. I didnt know you were an active member.

Yeah I shot it rather safe and solid with all A's. Bob dropped 1 C I think. The difference in our two runs is I shot a 77.5483% and Bob got a 78.2852%. Oddly enough Bob already shot this classifier last month in Mich. with a 84.0560% and the really sad part is BOTH are 5% below his class (GM) so neither one count. :ph34r:

But thanks again for noticing. I am still a ways from Master.