Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CM 99-02

Joe

I participated in my first sanctioned match yesterday!!! Did I have a great time. This stage was my 3rd of the day. I'm going to post more about the match in the appropriate forum.

Here is how I did (Please don't laugh too hard)

14 A's, 3 C's and 1 D for a total of 84 of 90 points. My D was weak hand on the very last target I engaged.

My time were 9.28 (had a malf sad.gif ), 7.81 and 9.34 for a blazing 26.43 seconds.

This gave me a Hit Factor of 3.178.

3 more to go!!!

How'd I do for a BEginner?

At least a 'D' Classification?

Joe

p.s. If I've violated any policy please take the appropriate action.

99-02.gif

Edited by sperman
Fixed Broken LInk

• 10 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Shot this one last weekend in Hawaii.

Production, G34, Blade Tech holster.

Shot freestyle left to right, Support hand right to left (I'm right handed) and the support hand from left to right. (Trying Matt Burkett's ideal about arm strength)

Freestyle was 4.93 sec, Strong hand 6.11 sec. amd support hand 6.56 sec. 2B's and 3 C's for 80 points in 17.60

Hit factor 4.5454 Any ideas on percentage?

Same gear set up for a second (limited) run.

Freestyle 4.15 sec

Strong 5.01

Support 6.06

70 points, 4.6649 HF

Is the HHF higher than I think on these? These bothh were pretty solid runs, at least I thought so, but I don't know.

Jake, What does your magic sheet say?

Tom

• 2 months later...

Shot this with my Open blaster today. I struggled a bit with the dot shooting weak hand. Came out with a hit factor of 6.2728 and I think that's around 76%.

I asked the MD if I could strap on my revolver and shoot the classifier when everyone was finished. He asked me if I had three bucks and said to go ahead.

First string was left to right in 3.46 seconds freestyle.

Second string was right to left with the right hand in 4.49 seconds.

Third string left to right with the left hand in 5.82 seconds. I had a bobble on the second target and wasted way too much time. Hit factor was 6.3181 and I am guessing that to be 96%.

Why oh why do I shoot my revolver better than my open pistol up close and personal?

Kyle:

I talked to Sam for over an hour (long distance call) about my revolver shooting vs. my open blaster. We came to the same conclusion. My mind set is so very different when I shoot revolver. I can manifest my ability on demand without consious thought anytime I pick up the revolver. Doing that with my open pistol still eludes me.

You know what really sucks? Last weekend I shot Speed-E-Standards (revolver) with 2 D hits a Mike and a pair of blown reloads and still came in somewhere around 65 per cent. Good grief...

Ron,

So how do you get that same level of trust with the red-dot (up-close)?

When I think about this stuff, a few things go through my mind. They may, or may not, have any bearing on your situation. I am going to use your experiences as learning tool for myself...the stuff that pops into my head is drawn from my though process...with input from your experiences. (may not even come close to your situation...just got me to thinking...so I am going to post my thoughts)

First, I think we are all capable of Master/GM level performance. Likely, with about anything we pick-up to shoot. We just have to get over whatever hurdles stand in the way. (If a shooter doesn't believe this...then that may prove to be the biggest hurdle of all.)

More on hurdles...

[time out] {I'll need to come back to this...short on time. Dang...I hope it stays fresh in my mind.}

L10

3.34 1st string

4.15 2nd string

6.10 3rd string

total= 13.59

86 points

6.3282 HF

Shooting with my bum weakhand broke finger was not fun on the third string. Any tips on getting out of the chair? Leaning backward to start off was tricky, the first string I was still leaning back on my first 3 targets.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Thanks, Jakester!

I did the L10 run (first) just sort of steady, making sure I saw my front sight, blah blah blah. I didn't scare anyone with my mad, crazy skills, but it was acceptable with no major problems.

On my reshoot in Limited, it was the last stage of the day for me and I was a little tired. The first problem arose when I put two shots on the first target from the holster, when of course it was only supposed to have one. So I had an extra shot on that string. Fortunately the RO and some others reminded me on the second string to make sure I didn't have too many hits on that target, so I put my first shot on the second string into the hard cover so I wouldn't get a FTE, but not have an extra hit. I'm such a gamer!

Then the trouble started on the third string (weak hand only). I have a shoulder injury and if I shoot WHO the same way everyone else does, the gun wobbles around and I miss (or worse!) many of my shots. To compensate for that, I've learned to shoot WHO only with my feet reversed from the way most people do it, so that my strong hand side is leading, and that way my chest muscle can help stablize my shooting arm. That worked like a charm on my Lim-10 run and on both runs on El Prime Minister.

Unfortunately, on my Lim reshoot of Night Moves, I forgot to turn my body to support my shoulder properly. The result was a slow(er than usual) time and three misses to complement my extra shot penalty.

So the short answer is that I made two mental errors, one minor and one significant, that cause me to perform below my ability. ;)

Shot this today.. I went across each string, putting 2 on T1 as I went by. Looked OK until the WH string where I lost the dot tremendously due to my poor index.

This is a tuffy for the Open shooters-- you need to be clean in a tad under 11 seconds total for 100%. eek!

• 2 months later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Shot this first time last weekend. Got 6.07 HF, trying to move up in Limited. Been out of the game a while, LOVE getting back on the smell of burning powder and adrenaline!!! Just used the calculator 50%, AWESOME TOOL!

Edited by safenate