Top Posters In This Topic

Farris, Kyle   (C at the time)  

Limited      

89pts.  

20down

31.42seconds  

2.1961hf

41.357%

Glock35...I think I was shooting 180grain Blazer.

I don't recall were the misses were.  (It has been a few months)  I wasn't too upset about the score.  The Open gunners really walked away with this stage.

-------------

wow...I just ran the scores for that match without the Merle's Standards. (there were 6 stages)

I placed high Limited for that match...5th overall.  The four guys in front of me were all shooting Open.  Without this stage I would have beat the three A class shooters.  Only the Master class would have been in front of me.

...does anybody have a tissue, I think I'm going to cry.

(Edited by Flexmoney at 3:56 pm on Dec. 13, 2001)

• 3 months later...

I shot this today at a local club match, 6 mikes, 1 extra shot, and not enough "A's" to mention.  To make matters worse, 5 of the mikes where on the T3 (far free style) target.

Zeroed it....

What really pissed me off was I never even realized I made the extra shot in the first string, and I know I can make those long range hits.  After, I cooled down I realized what PaulW told me before I shot it, use about +4.5 trigger control.  Now, I know what I have to do next time.

I was fairly happy with the previos 4 stages, no misses, fair times, and good hits.  Up till this one.

This last stage blew my goal of no misses for the day

I will do better next time

(Edited by Sgt Rock at 8:46 pm on Mar. 23, 2002)

Shot this one today...pretty much summed up the match...bad..no focus..awareness or anything..should of stayed home...but it was too nice of a day...

I don't remember much..dropped a shot on the far target..that was bad..times were about 11 seconds for the first string and 12 seconds for the second string..anyway..waiting for the results to see where we start practice tomorrow..

• 2 months later...

Shot this one for the first time today...  did alright - I've been practicing "long" shots so I was quite happy to have all my hits - even though they were SLOPPY!

29.48 seconds 89 points hf = 3.018

I'm off to see what the percentage is :-)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

TIS,

Practice.

I am not suggestion that you practice the classifer...but, know where you and your gun are hitting at distance...know what speed you can shoot and keep your hits.

Oh...shoot Major ;)...and get an Open gun.

Seriously...if you run down to do the pasting for other shooters...you will notice that everybody hits low.  Know where you are going to hit (so this doesn't effect you).

And for you...since you have been tanking classifers (your words)...don't try so hard.  Go for steady hits...don't try to win it.

(Edited by Flexmoney at 12:49 pm on Oct. 23, 2002)

Thanks, accuracy at distances over 25 yards is what I really need to work at. This winter will be spent almost exclusively working on accuracy and 50+ yards along with strong hand a weak hand. I shouldn't have a lot of drop with a 115 gr. Blazer round, but I'll check it out. I'll let you know how I do.

Quote: from TheItlianStalion on 5:37 pm on Oct. 27, 2002

Shot it today, ended up shooting 66 points due to 2 mystery misses on the far target in 22 seconds.

22 seconds = No Mystery!  Great time ---- next time just a smidgeon slower on the long shots ---- maybe you should be shooting for 24 or 25 seconds.  

• 3 weeks later...

Shot it again yesterday, took all the time in the world with a Limited gun (24+ seconds), and still got a Miss on the weak hand target. Argh! Tossed some Doggies up there, too.

Stage winner burned it down in 18+ with a Miss. I did the stats and it seems the best shooters had no or one Miss and average shooters had two misses. Over a third of the field zeroed the stage. Criminy guys, you don't even hardly have to move the gun!

This one's all about sight picture, trigger control, and visual patience.

This classifier's starting to grow on me..

Random stats:  60% of limited shooters got a 'D' on this one.  35% of Open shooters likewise.  In each division, that works out to 3 times the number of D-class shooters.  So, "sandbag classifier?"  not really-- twice as many people got GM scores as there are GM's in each division-- it's the middlin scores there aren't many of.  Shoot it clean in the low 20's and you're golden.

• 1 month later...