Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CM 99-62

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think stand and shoots are Tilley's strength...I have managed to catch him a couple of times on stand and shoot stages. On field courses...he just crushes.

Back on topic...this is a tension machine. it caused me to break down and fix my surrender draw. I want to do it again. :)

SA

Somebody check my math...

- 100% in OPEN, 30 points in 2.16 seconds.

- 100% in LIMITED, 30 points in 2.45 seconds.

- 100% in PROD. , 30 points in 2.58 seconds.

- 100% in REV., 30 points in 2.72 seconds.

Maybe we are all shooting it wrong? Perhaps we need to draw to the paper first (as Burkett shows in his DVD #4)???

Or...maybe this is a pure speed stage and there are people out there that are faster than us...that have nailed the 100%.

BTW, you don't give up anything on this one by shooting it Minor power factor...you are going to nail the the two Alphas anyway, right?

I thought this one wasn't that hard. I nailed a 100% in Production just a few months back. I don't think shooting paper first is a good idea. That is a lot of wasted back and forth. I drew to the left popper then went across to the right.

I shot it in 2.33 sec with all A's. I think I could do it again if I had to.

Having done stats for two clubs for three years, I can tell you for a fact that the vast majority of shooters here perform below their current classification on this classifier. Does that mean the HHF needs to be lowered? I think not. That's why USPSA averages your highest 6.

Like any speed shoot, a person gets to the point where they are banging up against their limits of human function. I guess the LOHF varies from person to person according to what they shoot the best. Erik thinks a consistent 2.0 is achievable and I think hell would freeze over before I could do this in 2.0 with an Open gun. Matt thinks his 2.33 in Production is repeatable and I know the best I did horsing around (or is that hosing?) with my Production gun was 2.75. OTOH, I think I could shoot this beast in 2.8 with a revolver no sweat.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

My fave classifier! When I was in Orygun, I think the club record was 2.25 or something like that. I used to shoot it under 3 secs in practice. I'd love to see a sub 2 sec run.

Isn't it funny? It's not a jillion round field course, but everyone likes it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

just shot this one Saturday at Malibar...

2.70 both A's, roughly 90.7% if the hf numbers posted here are correct.

It was smooth, and boring, but surrender is my worst draw, I hit a 1.37. It looked like I took a nap before pulling the trigger.

I hit an .86 to a 5 yard paper two stages before. Of course Gambrell was there and hit an .84 just to show me who was boss. :huh:

• 2 weeks later...