Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CM 99-23

Nik Habicht

Three targets, 21 feet from a shooting box, outer targets are 7.5 feet from center target. First string, face uprange, turn, engage each target with two rounds freestyle. Second string, face targets, do the same thing with the opposite hand position as the first string, i.e. surrender if you started hands at sides on the first one. Shot it twice:
Limited, Glock 34, string 1, 10.11 seconds, two jams. String 2, 4.83 seconds. 46 points, 14.94 seconds. Boy do I hate jams!

Limited 10, Glock 34, string 1, 4.53 seconds. String 2, 4.92 seconds, took almost a second to find the front sight on the draw, it was hiding on the left. 50 points! better.

99-23.gif

Edited by sperman
Fixed Broken Link

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But Glocks never jam?!?

Here's my Open run for 73%...

1 Warren, Erik 50 A Open 53 0 5.01 10.5788 60.0000 100.00%

I have two Limited runs in at 80% and 32%, but I don't have the match result details for those. I guess I did something bad on the 32% run...

• 2 months later...

My turn now - we shot this one again today and I improved my HF to 9.161.  Shot 3.37 on the first string and 3.07 on the second string with 59 points.  A tad slower than the last time, I was surprised to see how the accuracy improved the HF that much.

Ripped off a two-second first string and found a miss on T2. Ripped off a two-second second string including an extra shot, figuring it would be worth the VC penalty. I missed the extra shot! And I missed T1, too.

Payed three bucks to redeem myself, planning to shoot all alphas in the reshoot. Shot the first string slow, 3.79, and saw a charlie. Figured I blew the all-A thing, so I just turned off the "I'm gonna do this" part of my brain and shot the next string. One charlie in 2.84.

• 3 weeks later...

Shot this today with my open gun-

5.17 seconds , 56 points - 4 Cs- I'll take it.  10.83 hit factor.

Hoping this one moves me over the edge, into B class open  (my Limited class is B already)  - just in time for Area 4.  No sandbagging here! :)

• 3 weeks later...

I shot this one for my very first classifier ever.  I though I did ok with a revolver untill I looked at the targets.  I had a Mike....man what a humbling experience.

Name    CL DIV          PT  PN  TIME   HF         ST PTS      

B E        U  Revolver  39  10  13.41  2.1626  13.8861

This ranked me around 17% on the USPSA site.

Any thoughts?

• 5 weeks later...

Shot this a couple of weeks ago.  It was the first stage I fired of the match.  So this was 'cold'.

L10/Major/Commander:

54 pts, 6.96 sec, 7.7586 hf.

This is the best classifier I have shot so far.  I took 3rd in this stage and 3rd overall, 5 stages total w/13 shooters.  

Sorry, know this isn't the 'bragging' forum but...

:D

Joe  

(Edited by Joe at 11:02 pm on June 19, 2002)

kaiserb,

Since you asked...you gotta get more of those points.  I'm not just talking about that miss either.  You left a lot of points behind.  

If you were shooting major and hit all C hits...that would be twelve points down (48 points).  The D hits...they need to migrate to the A-zone.

If you were shooting minor...you gotta get the A hits.

About the only way to miss the A-zone at this distance is if you have a flinch and/or weren't watching the front sight.  

I hope you don't think I am kicking you when your down.  I know it can be rough and discouraging (I have been shooting poorly as of late).  Just trying to point out some things that  see...I hope it helps you at the range in some way.

• 2 months later...

I suck.  Been waiting to shoot a classifier that doesnt have a week hand string.  So I could burn it up ( yea right).  

Limited  51pts 7.04 sec 7.2443 hf

Yes the lock on the ghost holster works.

First run El prez around 4.5 and the 2nd 2.5

Limited 10 52pts 6.78sec 7.6696hf

1st 3.8s and the 2nd 2.9s with a little trigger freeze on T2 and T3.

I say to myself that its just another stage but I always get tense on the classifiers.

• 2 months later...

Aaaaah, Redemption!  Production, Glock 34, 4.29 first string, 3.77 second string, 54 points (one charlie and one premature detonation as the front sight was sweeping across the D zone on the way to A on the right target.)  Not perfect yet, but better than January.

• 4 weeks later...

Limited, two runs in the high two-second range for 5.72; dropped a couple Charlies and a Dog for only 54 points. (HF=9.4406.)

Too many people shot horribly on this one, which is so easy. It's called front sight for a reason. Go for the Alphas. The target spacing is too wide for easy index hosing; you've really got to look for the next target, move the gun into the A zone, and see the sight(s). A lot of people dropped points on the left of T2 or T3 as they shot left to right and just yanked the trigger as soon as they saw brown. And a lot of people rushed the draw and tossed bad hits on T1.

I saw some runs as low as 2.20. I saw a couple people mess up the start positions... start facing uprange with your wrists above shoulders a la El Prez, then do the second string hands at sides facing targets.

(Edited by Erik Warren at 5:20 pm on Dec. 9, 2002)

Erik,

Yeh ........there was some people that didn't do that well.

I put together a good run for that stage. I shot it in  5.90 , did a 2.94 on the up range hands up string, and a 2.96 on the down range hands at side string.

55 points..... left:2 A, 2 C; middle:4 A; right:1 A, 3 C  if I remember correctly.   Not too bad for a C-Class L10er.........

9.3220 HF

Wonder what percent that will be  nationally for L10?  It was 88.12 % in the match. This should easily move me into B Class, I am right on the edge, I just hope it isn't too high above the class that it gets thrown out............

What was interesting to me was that my up range /turn around time was faster that my start facing down range.........

laters,

gr

TIS......

Thanks for the numbers.....

That and my other recent scores should put me well into the B Class.........

Eric,

Yeh....the basic Safariland 560.....I'd try a speed rig but I might scare myself.............but who knows what the future holds   .....it's hard to resist the pull of the dark side

Yeh Mark was pretty quick 6.50

laters,

gr

(Edited by kahana at 8:17 pm on Dec. 9, 2002)

Poor typing and spelling skills........

(Edited by kahana at 8:25 pm on Dec. 9, 2002)

• 1 month later...

TIS,

You were right on the money..........

L10    9.322 HF        69.7 %  

Didn't get the move into B though.........two of  my best scores expired and I have one tanker sitting there that prevented it.....oh well.......next month...

laters,

gr  

• 1 month later...

Shot this one today in beautiful Dubois, Wyoming instead of going snowmobiling. Temperature was a mild 25 degrees with a breeze into our faces. Stapled the targets onto the back side of the sticks to keep them from blowing off. A few snowflakes and some blowing dirt. I didn't do the greatest, but a guy from Jackson shot a 2.59 string followed by a 2.60 string with a Limited gun. Hits were decent and I was impressed.