Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CM 99-10

BigDave

They make me a B Class shooter, and all of a sudden, BAM, I'm getting B Class scores :)

Did this one Sunday in 7.81 seconds down 3. Nolan says my draw was 1.4 - first time ever... and I wasn't even trying. I did alot right on this one, but really felt like I could have picked up the speed a bit, I FELT like I was lollygagging around.

Should come out around 70%!

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They make me a B Class shooter, and all of a sudden, BAM, I'm getting B Class scores :)

"Why where I come from there are many people who shoot no better than you, but they have something you don't have.....a GM card............." :D

apologies to the Wizard.... ;)

• 2 weeks later...

My 16 yr old son shot it with a HF of 8.3969. About 89% maybe??? I don't know where to look for the national avg. At this rate he's gonna pass me ............how embarassing..........I've only been shooting USPSA 11 yrs more than him.................

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Shot this yesterday. Started in the left box, shot near to far (left to right) hit the right box and again went near to far. Lost a little time leaving the first box but came up shooting pretty good in the second. The two far targets were 2 Charlie on both; missed a couple points by millimeters!

Class Division Pts Pen Time Hit Fact

A Open 53 0 5.65 9.3805

It came out at 87.668%

It just took you a little longer to get those sandbags moving out of the first box. Once you got them moving, you were OK. :D

I finished second to Mr. Kooi on this one. My run only factored at 8.8235. Good shooting Roger.

Later update: My 8.8235 hit factor on this stage was posted by USPSA s 82.463%.

• 2 months later...

Shot this one today at a nationals qual series in Houston. 6.63 sec, 54 pts., 8.1448 hit factor. It was 76.41% for the match.

The good thing was that it felt slow and relaxed. My trigger finger froze on the 2 far targets in each array. Used an Sti edge with a Ghost holster and 200 gr lead bullets. My usual setup is 180 gr bullets. Maybe this one can help pull out of C class.

Mike

• 2 months later...

Just shot this one to day in three different classes. I started in box A T-3 to T1 so I could get a little lean going in to box B and picked up on T-6 and woked left to Target 4. My runs are Limited 7.29, 50 points, Limited-10 6.89, 51 points, Production 7.50, 53 points. Limited, Limited-10 were done with a G-22 and Production with a G-17. I think they will come out good on a national level.

• 1 month later...

Got what I thought was a barely acceptable run so I signed it. Open, B, 7.16 seconds, 51 points, 7.12%

Jerky draw to T3, had a rea sight picture on first shot, ran a fast cadence r-l and never saw anything but brown and a madly dancing dot through the lens again. Good movement to box b with grip intact, but then put round 1 into the shoulder of T6 for a called dog without a makeup shot and ran them r-l again without another clean sight picture in the bunch. Suuckee' at best. Dropped way too many points trying to shoot too fast.

--

Regards,

• 4 weeks later...

I'm unclassified and the club I shot with a few times in The PDR of California apparently never sent in any of my scores. Just got back to Texas so I'm guessing that should change.

Shooting Limited Minor:

46pts. 10.34sec. Hf 4.4487

What should I expect to get classified as if this is representative of future qualifiers. (hopefully it's not as it was the first time I had fired a handgun since I moved two mos. ago.)

Thanks in advance,

Alan

• 1 month later...