Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CM 99-10

BigDave

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, seems like forever...but it was only a few months ago that I shot this classifier.  I shot it with a minor limited gun.  Didn't get my alpha's.  That was my worst stage of the day (match wise).  

48 (points), 9.18 (seconds), 5.2288 (hf), 55%

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Limited, 51 points in 6.05 seconds

I shot three hoser stages then I failed to shift gears for this thing and shot some Bs and my only D of the match. I forgot I was shooting flippy factory ammo, yeah, that's it. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.

I can't believe I screwed this one up two weeks in a row.

Limited, 6.12 seconds with a Miss.

I shot the first array quickly, with an ugly C though, then I guess I was unsteady coming into the next box. I saw something ugly when I pulled the trigger, then saw a Charlie-Mike on the first (right) target when I was done.

Interestingly, of seven shooters, every one of us had a miss or took a lot of extra time to make up a miss.

Shot this one last weekend....

Limited-10 53pts in 8.77s reloading between boxes obviously.

I generally had a crappy match and came into this stage as the last one of the day.  I was in the start box thinking "go fast" then thought "just relax and shoot".  Nearly overcharged the second box and felt my right foot start sliding as I came up, I started shooting and for the first time during the day became "aware" of my shooting...I could feel the trigger and time felt like it slowed down.

Right now I'm a high C in Limited 10 and trying to make B.

• 4 weeks later...

I just shot this stage today.  We actually shot it twice so that this stage would have as much weight as the other stages.  They just send in your best score.

1st Run 7.41 and 57 Points = 7.692 hf = 80.972 class

2nd Run 6.33 and 50 Points = 7.899 hf = 83.146 class

This was almost like some math optical illusion.  When I first looked at my scores I would have sworn that my first run had a higher h.f. since I only dropped 3 points instead of 10.  Nope.  

Oh yeah.  High hit factor for this stage is 9.5. Or atleast it was in September of 2001.

This reminds me.  Do you think that they will end up throwing out this score because of the high hitfactor.  I'm currently a C class shooter and this would be 23 points over my class.  This is by far the best that I have ever shot.

(Edited by Dowter at 9:09 pm on April 14, 2002)

• 1 month later...

Shot this one yesterday.  I started in the left box and went right to left on both arrays.  The distance difference is not much at all, but I like the "Far to Near" progression in the first array and leaving on the slightly easier target.  Kind of feels like the momentum is transferring out of the box by swinging that way to me.  Coming into the 2nd box, the closer target on the right seems the most natural to engage for me.  

My draw was slow, a 1.47, but I still managed a 6.77 second run down two points (8.567 HF).  If the above posts are correct and my calculations are right, that should be a 90.18% nationally.    

• 2 weeks later...

Limited

54 points, 6.70 seconds, 8.0597 HF

Started in the left box engaging targets in left to right order.  Proceeded to right side box and engaged targets right to left.  Fired the first shot coming into the right side box too quick and pulled a D hit.  I felt pretty good about the run otherwise.

later update:  84.839% per USPSA

(Edited by cpty1 at 7:37 am on Nov. 8, 2002)

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Limited 56 pts 7.67 sec 7.3012 hf (thought I had to reload between boxes)

L-10 7.6602 hf same day classifier match

Looks like my best classifiers so far.

Limited 76.85%

L-10  80.63%

Not sure if they will get used though.

(Edited by Jon Merricks at 12:50 am on Jan. 1, 2003)

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, first I'll make everyone feel good then I have a rookie question.  I shot this this past weekend.  Unclassified Production, 30 points, 13.15 sec.  I didn't see on the scoresheet that misses were scored as penalties; e.g., -10 for each miss.  Is that how this one works?  Is a miss always -10 on Comstock scoring?  I took a couple of penalties and that is all I can figure I lost points on.   Learned to pay closer attention to my scoring even if I am freezing to death!  Thank you.