Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What Is Your Absolute Single Favorite Movie?

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

The first three that popped into my head are all Gregory Peck movies.

While Captain Horatio Hornblower, RN and Big Country are great movies, I will always feel Twelve O'clock High is better.  Several times a year, on a dark windy rainy day I'll grab it out of the cabinet and stick it in the DVD player and get drawn into the past one more time.

• 3 months later...

Stalag 17.  I remember watching it as a kid with my dad and reminds me of him.  It was his favorite movie of all time.    Every time I see it I will stop and watch it again.

Also

Way of the Gun

Animal House

How to train your Dragon

LA Confidential

Each of these has memories associated with them.

• 2 weeks later...

Act of Valor is pretty intense.  Where the two swift boats dumped bushels of 50 cal brass on the cartel chasing the rescue team was absolutely insane.  The whole movie was insane, jumping out of a plane and being picked up by a submarine...

The Kingdom was a pretty good movie with a super intense ending.

Heat was a great movie also, the bank robbery shootout was epic.

• 1 month later...

Oh man that's a really tough one, I tend to watch way way to many movies and its hard to narrow down to just one but a few of my top favorites in this order are

Shawshank Redemption, In Time, Jurassic Park, August Rush, Deadpool, A Clockwork Orange, and The Right stuff seriously the list could go on but those are some of my top ones. 

• 2 weeks later...

After watching cheesed-up westerns where Brits and Aussies play American west characters, and wanting to crawl out of my skin at the theatrical affectations that bear no resemblance to how things were in the 19th century (from what I gather, I wasn't quite around then), High Noon (1952) is very refreshing.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...