You Know You're A Shooter When....

standles

• Replies 867
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I picked up a new (to me) puppy(he was a little more than a puppy)

I had him for more than 14 years.

He was a bit smaller than other dogs of his breed, so I suggested "Skeeter.," After about a year and a half, I explained his name to my wife.

He was used to the name by then so he kept it.

It wasn't all THAT bad...in the divorce, I kept the BT99, M1911 .38 Super Commander, and the Southpaw M110MCL .243. (I am right-handed)

Have fun,

Gene

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Or when they pull trigger on an empty striker fired gun and it keeps clicking the non-existent hammer. Or the fact that nobody in a movie ever keeps a round in their pump shotgun, ensuring you get to hear the slide rack.

Red

When you go to an expensive training class or the police academy and you keep correcting the instructors that say "clips" for magazines.

I get so aggravated at people over that. I don't know why but it bothers me.

Needless to say I didn't make the cut and got X'd out of the police academy lol. I didn't know how to keep my mouth shut and wasn't afraid to stand up for myself. (Big no no) haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

When someone asks you about your weekend and before you speak you realize they know nothing about USPSA rules and divisions, reloading, AR barrel/upper brands, sights, aftermarket triggers, Glock models, differences between 1911/2011 and CZ's (and Glock), split times, inertia vs. gas operated shotguns, suppressors, quad loading, caddies, dry fire routines... so it takes a LONG time before you know where to start...

When it's trash day and you look in neighbors' recycling bins for large clear plastic pretzel jugs, ice cream tubs, protein powder jugs, and other similar containers to hold large amounts of brass.

Edited by yellowfin

15 hours ago, yellowfin said:

When it's trash day and you look in neighbors' recycling bins for large clear plastic pretzel jugs, ice cream tubs, protein powder jugs, and other similar containers to hold large amounts of brass.

:D

On October 18, 2016 at 7:57 PM, yellowfin said:

When someone asks you about your weekend and before you speak you realize they know nothing about USPSA rules and divisions, reloading, AR barrel/upper brands, sights, aftermarket triggers, Glock models, differences between 1911/2011 and CZ's (and Glock), split times, inertia vs. gas operated shotguns, suppressors, quad loading, caddies, dry fire routines... so it takes a LONG time before you know where to start...

I just get em.   Lol.  I'm always finding I need more so when I see them I grab them.   Drives my wife nuts but now she asks before she tosses anything like that.  

Edited by Squirrelcop

• 4 months later...
On 10/18/2016 at 10:57 PM, yellowfin said:

Baby food jars are great for primers. Hot glue the lid to the bottom of a shelf over your bench and twist the jar into the lid. Saves shelf space. 

• 4 months later...
3 hours ago, theKenny said:

BrassMixer.jpg

hahahahhaha, I posted that 11 years ago......

You know your a shooter when you shoot your .45 brass until it cracks, then you load it one more time....

You know your a shooter if you have ever used spent cases for hearing protection....

• 5 months later...

When the EMTs who hauled you off to the hospital (broken arm) strike up an animated conversation about your Kimber because they're all standing around eyeing your gun photos on your living room wall (including your Kimber). :D

• 2 months later...