Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

You Know You're A Shooter When....

standles

When you set up your reloading bench at work...

2e40f693a5b547e87d40d46285c1d615_zps96ab

a90e17a4f55ecf9a28ffcb62c7a718d2_zps1738

You know you have a cool boss when he says "I don't care what you do as long as there's a spindle turning"

So yes I get paid to reload.

Edited by Nickb45

• Replies 867
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know you have a cool boss when he says "I don't care what you do as long as there's a spindle turning"

Your boss is also smart. You just made yourself easier to manage by giving him a guarantee you'll be getting full duty out of the machines. No, not just the blue ones.

Your boss is also smart. You just made yourself easier to manage by giving him a guarantee you'll be getting full duty out of the machines. No, not just the blue ones.

Being the only employee and the one who does 99% of the work has its benefits.

Being the only employee and the one who does 99% of the work has its benefits.

That's a neat looking shop, but I'm 180 degrees away from the mechanically adept like you and jmorris. What do you do there (besides reload ammo ;^D)

• 1 month later...

When you set up your reloading bench at work... 2e40f693a5b547e87d40d46285c1d615_zps96aba90e17a4f55ecf9a28ffcb62c7a718d2_zps1738

Had the same deal except I built and modified my Ar-15 and machined parts for 1911 and 2011 hand guns. Nice to have CNC machinery at your disposal.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Haha! I had to finish a half bottle of Jack Daniels in the airport after the 3GN SW regionals because I had so many goodies crammed in my luggage. And I couldn't let it go to waste! I remember very little of the 4 hour flight...........

I find my time on the home computer being spent more on gun club business than anything else. Of course it is easier to get into BE that way.

Modoc

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Speaking of cordless drills .... I just caught myself the other day carrying my drill down the hallway with a noticeably straight trigger finger. That made me laugh when I realized what was going on.

.....or when the battery dies.....you release it, let it fall to the ground (and break) and realize your already sweeping to your belt for your next mag....uh, I mean battery.

And when you realize the reason you're a far better at weak hand only than strong hand only shooting is because you're left handed (but right eyed) and have been running a drill with your "weak" hand your entire life. Wanting to improve your shooting, you switch your primary driling hand as a form of "dry fire" training to improve your shooting but this in turn makes you a much less effective drill "operator"

And your coworkers know it by the amount of plain brown paper bags that show up at your desk with miscellaneous shooting supplies and ammunition. Usually from a family estate or found in their new house. [emoji6]

Today's donation was a Midway Shooter's Vice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

I think the best I have heard ( and which I have been guilty of ) is when you pick up and save brass for firearms you do not even own....yet.

I have always said, it isn't hoarding if you might use it some day :)

• 2 months later...