Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Gun Quotes From Movies

Nemo

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Robert Culp (Thomas Luther Price) advises Raquel Welch (Hannie Caulder) with just about everything you need to learn about gun-fighting:

Safety advice:

“Don’t ever pull that trigger unless you are aiming at something, even if it’s empty.”

Legend:

“That’s a .45, a .45 for God’s sake! It will lift a man clean off his feet from here.”

Skill sets:

“After you fire, MOVE! They’ll be shooting back.”

Practice:

First comes right, then comes fast.

Zen:

“Don’t get to close… See everything and nothing.”

David C

Planet of the Apes

Cornelius: Well Taylor, we're all fugitives now.

George Taylor: Do you have any weapons, any guns?

Cornelius: The best, but we won't need them.

George Taylor: I'm glad to hear it. I want one anyway.

Redmist10, along with being an Ohio wheelgunner, you show good taste in movies. "Ronin" is a very good movie, (IMHO)

BTW: DeNiro switches from a 1911 to a Sig, right after the first shoot-out. I wonder why??? :ph34r:

"Walther PPK, seven-point-six-five mil, with a delivery like a brick through a plate glass window " The Armorer, "Dr. No"

"That's a Smith & Wesson, Doctor. You've had your six." 007 to Dr. Dent, just before Bond demonstrates why he has a Double-0 licence. "Dr. No"

(and yes, I know it's a 1911 style automatic w/silencer in the movie, and at that time S&W did not have any 1911's, but it's still a good line and great scene)

"There are over 550 million firearms in worldwide circulation. That's one firearm for every twelve people on the planet. THe only question is . . . How do we arm the other eleven?"

- Nicholas Cage, in the upcoming movie "Lord of War"

quote is from the trailer which you can find at http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/lordofwar.html

Redmist10, along with being an Ohio wheelgunner, you show good taste in movies. "Ronin" is a very good movie, (IMHO)

BTW: DeNiro switches from a 1911 to a Sig, right after the first shoot-out. I wonder why??? :ph34r:

"Walther PPK, seven-point-six-five mil, with a delivery like a brick through a plate glass window " The Armorer, "Dr. No"

"That's a Smith & Wesson, Doctor. You've had your six."  007 to Dr. Dent, just before Bond demonstrates why he has a Double-0 licence.  "Dr. No"

(and yes, I know it's a 1911 style automatic w/silencer in the movie, and at that time S&W did not have any 1911's, but it's still a good line and great scene)

More proof Hollywood can come up with cool lines but knows less than jack about guns. a .32acp with "delivery like a brick through aplate glass window? Hell, a Walther more reliable than a Berretta? And who does make a full size six round auto?

There has to be some corss eye dominant weaver shooting goober in Hollywood passing himself off as a technical advisor.....how else would you explain how every single actor in Hollywood shoots like that?

Ronin was a pretty good flick, but the switch to the sig, was one of three or four cheesy bits. Could've been he was using a Bolistar Molina of some other cheap copy he hated, we couldn't really make it out in that dark canal scene. The Bad guy had what looked like a G24 in one scene.

The other cheeez was the comment about "spraying bullets with teflon", to make it defeat the vest and then there was the animated tire smoke. Other than that, I liked it.

Ronin was a pretty good flick, but the switch to the sig, was one of three or four cheesy bits.  Could've been he was using a Bolistar Molina of some other cheap copy he hated, we couldn't really make it out in that dark canal scene.  The Bad guy had what looked like a G24 in one scene.

It's been awhile since I watched Ronin, but didn't he shoot a couple of people in the canal shoot-out? Maybe he ditched the gun so he couldn't be linked to the shoot-out and that scene/info got left on the cutting room floor.

Nolan

Skilled, but otherwise unremarkable.

Ronin was a pretty good flick, but the switch to the sig, was one of three or four cheesy bits.  Could've been he was using a Bolistar Molina of some other cheap copy he hated, we couldn't really make it out in that dark canal scene.  The Bad guy had what looked like a G24 in one scene.

It's been awhile since I watched Ronin, but didn't he shoot a couple of people in the canal shoot-out? Maybe he ditched the gun so he couldn't be linked to the shoot-out and that scene/info got left on the cutting room floor.

Nolan

Skilled, but otherwise unremarkable.

hmm, intersting point

From memory. The War Wagon ????

A mexican outlaw trying to intimidate the Duke.

Mexican Outlaw : Meester, maybe you have gold or seelver or some other precious metal you would like to give me.

Duke: Sorry , just lead.

Not from a movie, but from Television (gasp)

Dragnet; one of the officers (can't remember if its Joe Friday or Bill Gannon) sticks his short barrelled 870 police shotgun right in the face of a bad guy and announces "Flinch and you'll be chasing your head down Fifth Street!"

From Napoleon Dynomite -

Don : "Hey, Napoleon, what'd you do all last summer again?"

Napoleon: "I told you! I spent it with my uncle in Alaska hunting wolverines!"

Don: "Did you shoot any?"

Napoleon: "Yes, like 50 of 'em! They kept trying to attack my cousins. what the heck would you do in a situation like that?"

Don: "What kind of gun did you use? "

Napoleon: "A frickin' 12-gauge, what do you think?"

Mexican Outlaw : Meester, maybe you have gold or seelver or some other precious metal you would like to give me.

Always loved that line! But, I thinks its from Chisum when John Wayne found the rustlers hired by Murphy.

From the movie, "Resident Evil, Apocolypse"

In one of the deleted scenes, one of the co-stars, the female police officer, Valentine is trying to explain to the weather-woman how to use a gun....

Weather-woman, "I've never shot a gun before."

Valentine, " It's easy. Just point, pull, repeat"

Always loved that line! But, I thinks its from Chisum when John Wayne found the rustlers hired by Murphy.

It was something about buying his own horses back, and he had better bring some gold or silver. Duke's punchline is correct though.

How about from the "Cowboys"

Duke is telling the rustler "I've got a bad back, I'm 63, and been shot twice, and on my worst day I could take three of you"

Rustler (Bruce Dern) "I don't believe you"

Duke as he punches the guy "You will".

There's another one in there about "are you havin' any?"