Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cheely E-2 Stainless Grip

scooterj

• 6 months later...
3 hours ago, DJD said:

My cheely has the original grip.  I haven’t felt the E2.  Love the PVD finish!  Do you still have the original grip?

3 hours ago, DJD said:

My cheely has the original grip.  I haven’t felt the E2.  Love the PVD finish!  Do you still have the original grip?

Sorry, sold it just a couple weeks ago. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/16/2018 at 6:18 PM, scooterj said:

Only fitting needed was on the beavertail and not much of it. Texture is more aggressive than the original steel grip and points more naturally for me. Hoping to get some range time in Thursday. 

B949E37E-B0AE-4E3A-BB71-B9D674DCA6A7.jpeg

Do you think someone with some "amateur" gunsmithing skills could do the fitting?

8 hours ago, jsoupene said:

Do you think someone with some "amateur" gunsmithing skills could do the fitting?

Matt designed the grip around the CKARMS frame, which is what I have. STI frames take a little more work. 

All I had was some light blending to do. 

If you possess any skill, you should be fine. 

1 hour ago, scooterj said:

Matt designed the grip around the CKARMS frame, which is what I have. STI frames take a little more work. 

All I had was some light blending to do. 

If you possess any skill, you should be fine. 

Ok, good to hear! I also have a CK frame but was curious on how much fitting. Thanks for your input.

• 1 month later...

I just bought an Edge with Cheeley grip on the classifieds.... so excited to get it... currently running a DVC grip. How would you describe the feeling of the cheely grip compared to a typical stippled grip?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

My E2 definitely has a more aggressive grip on it then his first gen or even a stippled grip, so much that I end up having to knock the edges off just a little bit because it was tearing up my mouse clicking girly hands.  However, I do really like it and am glad I made the change. 

4 minutes ago, Miggz55 said:

I just bought an Edge with Cheeley grip on the classifieds.... so excited to get it... currently running a DVC grip. How would you describe the feeling of the cheely grip compared to a typical stippled grip?

My E2 definitely has a more aggressive grip on it then his first gen or even a stippled grip, so much that I end up having to knock the edges off just a little bit because it was tearing up my mouse clicking girly hands.  However, I do really like it and am glad I made the change. 

:) im a CPA by trade, so i value my mouse clickers as well

Matt did a great job with the texture. It’s rough enough to hold on to you but you can still shift your  grip to hit the mag release, if need be. The biggest positive for me is the euro shape and the more vertical angle of the backstrap. My guns index much better than with any other grip that I have tried. 

15 hours ago, Miggz55 said:

It's pretty darn close to perfection.  Lots of grip, without any pain.  Too aggressive for a carry go unfortunately, it tore up a shirt on the ride hope from qualifications.  

It's pretty darn close to perfection.  Lots of grip, without any pain.  Too aggressive for a carry go unfortunately, it tore up a shirt on the ride hope from qualifications.  
Thats awesome! Unfortunately im in the Peoples Republic of NJ, so carry is not an option at the moment...