Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

PCC red dot. Which one?

New to pcc game and looking for advice on a dot.

Which one would you recommend and why. Brand, style, moa, durability, warranty, etc. See that the reflex type sights seem to be preferred. 

Edited by Tnbb33
  • Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of folks will recommend the C-More Railway with an 8 MOA dot. I had one and liked it.

However, I really like the Holosun 403B I'm now using. It has the 2 MOA dot with a 65 MOA circle around the dot. Very fast when shooting plates and Texas Stars.

I've used the C-More Slideride and Railway sights for years.  I'd have to go to my safe to see how many polymer and aluminum C-Mores I have.  My first and only problem I've had with a C-more is an aluminum Railway I purchased that the screw  and plate used to attach the sight to the Weaver rail were stripped and I could not tighten them.  Called Cmore and had new parts at no cost in less than a week.

On my PCC I've bounced from 4MOA to 6MOA to 8MOA and back again.  For me size of dot is sometimes match dependent.

4 hours ago, mveto said:

I run a Vortex Venom 6 MOA and couldn't be happier, I think its a prefect optic for PCC

I am now using Venoms on all my guns, PCC, CO and .556.  Best warranty of any optic.  Good glass, crisp sight, very light, not too expensive.  I'm embarrassed to say how many I have and how long I have been using Vortex (too many and too long :P), but I have never had to use their warranty.

Been using the C-more with an 8MOA for a number of years....started using it two years ago when I built my first PPC....recently added the Holosun 510C....wow...it's a toss up now.  I found that I do not like using the circle with the dot....too distracting for me...but with my eyes the 2moa on the 510C "Stars" out to about a 4moa....

Wish they could make the 510C with a 6moa and smaller circle though.

14 hours ago, bmiller said:

I have been using a Sig Romeo 3 and a RTS2 and have been happy with them.  I recently purchased a Holosun 510c to try.  I am very impressed with that optic.  I have not yet figured out if I am faster with just the dot or circle dot.  

Any comparison of the Romeo 3 to the DPP?

Holosun 510c. Wish green was available when I bought mine a year ago. I'm colorblind and see green FO, lasers, and I am assuming reticles better than red.

As for vendors I used Amazon Prime!

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

I've used a MRO,  aimpoint, vortex venom & sparc ar, RMR, holosun 510c and c-more. My least favorite was the Sparc AR do to obstructing my view the most and flickering reticle when moving fast. They all work well,  just get one and practice. A red dot wont make you a drastically better shooter. 

On 4/14/2018 at 5:50 PM, MikieM said:

A lot of folks will recommend the C-More Railway with an 8 MOA dot. I had one and liked it.

However, I really like the Holosun 403B I'm now using. It has the 2 MOA dot with a 65 MOA circle around the dot. Very fast when shooting plates and Texas Stars.

Does the 403b offer the circle dot where the 403c does not?  I love the circle dot on my 503 and 510.

13 hours ago, Bummy425 said:

Holosun 510c. Wish green was available when I bought mine a year ago. I'm colorblind and see green FO, lasers, and I am assuming reticles better than red.

As for vendors I used Amazon Prime!

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Thanks. That’s helpful. I see green better too. 

Never used Holosun. They’re not cheap so want to make sure they perform well

We have Aimpoint at work. Too speedy for me. 

The cheap Bushnell I bought was money wasted. Don’t want to make that mistake again. 

Edited by practical_man
11 hours ago, alvinsmith75 said:

Does the 403b offer the circle dot where the 403c does not?  I love the circle dot on my 503 and 510.

Sorry. I may have grabbed the wrong box. 

It's a 503C. Solar panel with a 2 moa dot and 65 moa circle. My other is a 403B-GR Elite. Green dot (2 moa).

On 4/14/2018 at 6:33 PM, Tnbb33 said:

New to pcc game and looking for advice on a dot.

Which one would you recommend and why. Brand, style, moa, durability, warranty, etc. See that the reflex type sights seem to be preferred. 

Come to a match and I bet you'll be able to fondle at least half a dozen different sights at the safe table.  There are lots of good brands these days and PCC doesn't have much recoil to beat up a sight.  See which one fits you best.